08-27-13 07:03 AM
- 02-04-13 12:46 PM
- Nice to see someone actually describe in detail what can be improved about the Z10/BB10 experience so far.
What really concerns me is the points you made regarding email, SMS and the lack of sound profiles. These must be fixed before I change over to a BB10 device from my 9930. Let's hope the BB folks are listening....02-04-13 12:52 PMLike 3
- text message. Scenario - you are out of cell coverage. When you coverage again, text messages arrive on the device. On non-BB phones, you can see when the message was actually originally sent (it's part of the SMS protocol). On BB, you can't. It get's time-stamped with the time that you received the message, when you got coverage back.02-04-13 01:51 PM
- AFAIK this was a deliberate design choice on RIM's part. Older BB's work this way too. When you get back into coverage, you get all your messages and mails at once with the same time. Which sucks because then the ordering could potentially be way off compared to order by send time.02-04-13 02:00 PM
- Wow, a friend of mine gave me a Dev Alpha B device until I get Z10 (he's got 2, how the **** BlackBerry give 2 devices to one person?). And I just installed that leaked firmware with supposedly full OS on it. Cool, now I can comment. So to the point of previously strangely named thread:
- constant complain of the author that rotation takes too long. Taking into account that Dev Alpha B has just 1GB and Z10 2GB, it works amazingly fast, just like my iPad and my wife's iPhone. Means, there is something wrong with the author's device or with him.
- device gets hot. Indeed, at the beginning, just after update, it became slightly warm, but I was adding all my accounts and it was syncing.
more after I play a bit with device. I really envy those who got their Z10 already02-04-13 02:00 PM
- As someone in the market for a new phone message boards like this one are where I do much of my research and I just wanted to comment that the responses in this thread and on this message board are steering away from going Blackberry. The hate directed at anyone offering criticism and condescending dismissive attitude directed towards any gripes is appalling. It makes me apprehensive to believe any of the positive comments as most people are acting as salespeople rather than giving objective reactions and reflects to me a base of fans blindly following a brand and that would be willing to accept mediocrity. ("The fix is coming soon")02-04-13 02:51 PMLike 12
- As someone in the market for a new phone message boards like this one are where I do much of my research and I just wanted to comment that the responses in this thread and on this message board are steering away from going Blackberry. The hate directed at anyone offering criticism and condescending dismissive attitude directed towards any gripes is appalling. It makes me apprehensive to believe any of the positive comments as most people are acting as salespeople rather than giving objective reactions and reflects to me a base of fans blindly following a brand and that would be willing to accept mediocrity. ("The fix is coming soon")02-04-13 03:01 PMLike 3
- 02-04-13 05:32 PM
- I am running my 9860 and i have no problem typing in portrait mode with two hands actually quicker than with my 9900, you have some list and im sure some valid software bugs that will be ironed out in a update but you have had the phone for days man... Its a whole new OS it will take some getting used to and there will be new grooves to get used to but to say your packing it in after just days of use makes you sound like just a basher, give it some time good luck with your choices im sure BB10 will meet all my expectations and just keep innovating like Blackberry always has.02-04-13 07:07 PM
- 02-04-13 09:48 PMLike 8
- 02-05-13 09:27 AM
Another thing that I find annoying is that it doesn't automatically display clock when plugged in. With the craddle, as soon as it was plugged I had my clock and alarm visible. With the Z10, I need to launch clock first. BTW, I would also like that feature on the playbook...02-05-13 11:45 AM
- Hi I've been trawling through the posts to see if I could find something about Z10 resetting itself to silent mode. Is that what your post was about ? Sorry, haven't got to the beginning of it yet. Twice now I've missed calls when the phone was right next to me. Checked the settings and found it was on silent even though I'd reset it to ring. Is it me or is it Z10 ??02-05-13 12:41 PM
- All I can say is wow.
As a long time poster (mostly lurking here rather than posting these days) on this forum, a moderator on another (once more popular than this one) BB forum, and active on BlackBerry's own Support Forums, I'm shocked at the amount of "Fanboi-ism" over here and the flaming of someone who offered valid concerns about the BB10 OS on the Z10. I have already written a 60+ point document to submit to my contacts at BlackBerry to work on these issues.
Anyone who has been around CB and BBF for any length of time knows that I am a HUGE BB fan. I've even been accused of being a fanboi myself. What it comes down to is that if you like the iPhone and Android you'll love the Z10. However, if you stuck with BB (like I did) because of the features it had, like knowing what type of message came in without even looking at the device, you will be disappointed. While hub, peak, and flow are neat marketing tools, I'm more productive if I don't have to pick up the device to know if I need to pick it up.
For the OP of this thread to take this kind of flaming, both public and worse in PM, speaks volumes about the type of people posting here. There are many good posters here (you know who you are) but there are some who need to read more and post less (you know who you are too) if you can't have a constructive decision about something like this.
BlackBerry left out the die-hard BB fans who used these features on a daily basis, myself included. I read many "nobody uses that" type comments in the 400+ posts here. Why comment on something like that? Some probably never even knew how to use the features. Regardless, I'm surprised this thread has gone on this long with all the flaming. Many thanked the OP for his candor and frankness. I experienced most of the same issues when I got my device last Wednesday and it took me until yesterday to fully switch over because of all the missing features. Had I paid for the device I would have returned the phone when I bridged it with my Playbook and the Bridge folder was empty. Wired desktop sync is another deal breaker for a huge number of Z10 users so far. It's frustrating.
While I've since heard that many of these issues (like the Bridge issue) is coming in future updates (to the Playbook in this case) it made me feel better but I understand the frustration when this launch has been pushed back and has taken so long. Some things, like the wired sync, may never come back.
This thread is valuable to those looking to purchase a Z10. If you don't mind doing without those features its a superb device, no question. If you use those options on a daily basis you'll need to take a hard look and make a decision. The iPhone and Android are no better and I would argue, are probably worse.
Keep it in perspective, folks and don't blast someone for taking the time to put together a comprehensive list of comments/issues.
JC02-05-13 12:56 PMLike 27
- Don't complain until you use it. It is not perfect, but it is an improvement in many ways.
I'll agree that the PB had many short comings, but the BB10 is much improved.
Do you mean notification icon? icon? Or the tiles?
Because WP8 is inherently different. Those tiles are equivalent to an icon on the BB10. Whereas the OP is more about the notification icon.
What if you want to check all your email all at once? Oh, you can't do that on WP8
BlackBerry 10 vs Windows Phone 802-05-13 02:00 PM
- It doesn't work anymore, and this is probably my main concern. I've been able to adapt to all the other difference, but this one is a really severe one to me! I really need different notifications when in/out of holster (this way, when I'm in a meeting, in a theater or in a church..., I just get my bb in my pocket and it's silent). And having set it to vibrate before it actually ring in the holster, I was able to make it silent very quickly (once again, just had to make my 9810 out of its holster).
Another thing that I find annoying is that it doesn't automatically display clock when plugged in. With the craddle, as soon as it was plugged I had my clock and alarm visible. With the Z10, I need to launch clock first. BTW, I would also like that feature on the playbook...02-05-13 02:39 PM
- I am having an issue with twitter notifications in the hub. About a half an hour after I delete old mentions they reappear in the hub as being new and I have to go about deleting them again. I deleted and readded my twitter account but the issue persists. Is anyone else having a similar problem and know how to fix it?02-05-13 03:30 PM
Kudo to the OP to voice these concerns hopefully they will be addressed soon but I personally think most of things will take a year + to get there. The OP offer constructive criticism he should be thanked for the effort.02-05-13 06:33 PMLike 4
- By Y-man in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 1Last Post: 05-22-11, 03:22 PM
- By thug4life in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 15Last Post: 08-23-09, 07:54 AM
- By Livingwithpassion in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 15Last Post: 02-16-09, 11:47 AM
- By thepoolguru in forum Other Carriers WorldwideReplies: 5Last Post: 10-22-08, 04:17 PM
- By the ants in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 07-20-08, 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD