Since all email accounts are consolidated to the hub, it doesn't make much sense to have individual icons to different email accounts. What would be the purpose of the hub if you end up having to go to each email account and open each one to check? That's just my thinking. I personally would hate all the clutter with all the different icons, especially when you have many different email accounts.
    melb_me likes this.
    02-02-13 09:44 PM
    Wtf??? Seriously?

Pbos is/was bb10. QNX right? Yes, first public release of bb10 but they went backwards from what they already had.
    Does your PB have a hub? Flow? Peek? Is it written in EXACTLY the same code? The answer is no
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-02-13 09:45 PM
    bottom line for me is some of this is just because it is new. apps etc. but things like the flow of the messaging and the customizable alerts are *at the very core of what makes a blackberry a blackberry for blackberry's installed base*. we can only hope rim is addressing that stuff. the whole thing sounds sort of "apple-ish" in a way. kinda of like always force the user into the hub for every messaging action so that there is one way to do all things, even when there are better shortcuts. though to me the lack of custom sounds and lack of granularity in notifications seems like something that will be added (ie rim ran out of time).

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    h20work, parabola and DJM626 like this.
    02-02-13 09:46 PM
    So many of these were on my list of what's wrong with the playbook. Sucks that many of them are still there after all this time.

Wish people would stop making excuses about how new and infantile bb10 is, it's pbos take 2. Remember how Thor delayed it so it would be perfect at release? If it isn't as productive at messaging as any 7.1 device, then it is a major step backwards.
    Don't complain until you use it. It is not perfect, but it is an improvement in many ways.
    I'll agree that the PB had many short comings, but the BB10 is much improved.

7. My Lumia 920 on Windows Phone 8 has an icon for each e-mail account.
    Do you mean notification icon? icon? Or the tiles?
    Because WP8 is inherently different. Those tiles are equivalent to an icon on the BB10. Whereas the OP is more about the notification icon.
    What if you want to check all your email all at once? Oh, you can't do that on WP8
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ne-8-a-766882/
    Last edited by Andrew4life; 02-02-13 at 10:03 PM.
    02-02-13 09:47 PM
    Thanks OP for this thread - it voiced some concerns of mine too. Good discussion.

That being said - can we really step back and think for a second? RIM, err, BlackBerry has a history of delaying things. "Coming soon" or "an update down the road" or "soon after launch" has a history of being... a very long ways away. Just a thought. I'd like to think BlackBerry has woken up and had some coffee, but how do we know updates to fix/change certain things aren't a waaaaaaays off, or that it will be in OS 10.1 which is slated for June, then November, then January... 2014.
    Easy, because if they don't update about every other month at first, they are done. That is why, end of story.
    02-02-13 09:47 PM
    I'm a little sad that there seem to be a few features that are missing but I can't say that I'm not surprised. Brand new shiny os that didn't borrow a single line of code from the previous os. There are going to be some things that are different. I'm glad there are threads like this though to show what people expect from the new os and hopefully most if not all will be addressed in os updates! Bring on bb10!
    Lehomer likes this.
    02-02-13 09:48 PM
    I am using it. It ain't done yet. Improvement, absolutely 100%. But this is the last chance - BlackBerry has bet the company on this.
    southlander, h20work and JeepBB like this.
    02-02-13 09:48 PM
    Anyone else notice that send is in the upper right hand corner for e-mails and lower right hand for texts? An inconsistent UI, with all the efforts (and hype) about TAT seem to have missed some QC checks.
    I'd actually prefer it that way, the iPhone I am currently using is also this way. I would rather my thumb not slip and send an email too early... it's not as acceptable to send an incomplete/typo email like it is a text that isn't as "formal". Know what I mean?
    02-02-13 09:51 PM
    Since all email accounts are consolidated to the hub, it doesn't make much sense to have individual icons to different email accounts. What would be the purpose of the hub if you end up having to go to each email account and open each one to check? That's just my thinking. I personally would hate all the clutter with all the different icons, especially when you have many different email accounts.
    what if you just want to look at work emails and not the 3 other personal emails. click 1 icon and view JUST that account. It was in previous BBOS so I can easily see why some people want this.
    02-02-13 09:51 PM
    BBOS did the option for separate accounts forever, so why take it out?Thanks
    02-02-13 09:52 PM
    Anyone else notice that send is in the upper right hand corner for e-mails and lower right hand for texts? An inconsistent UI, with all the efforts (and hype) about TAT seem to have missed some QC checks.
    i disagree. SMS, twitter DM`s, FB chats and BBM`s all have the send at the bottom. these are all chat style apps.
    email isnt a chat style app, and you`ll notice the cancel option, this for obvious reasons doesnt exist in a chat. therefore they are two different scenarios of communication which do require 2 different UI`s.
    Andrew4life, Vorkosigan and 3_M4N like this.
    02-02-13 09:53 PM
    I'm still waiting for file folder support on my pb. Bugs the sh|t out of me.... I heard it's coming soon though
    I have several great apps that accomplish this task. Non-issue.
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-02-13 09:53 PM
    I should have access to every e-mail account from the "Home Screen" - the screens with your apps - which would vastly simplify going back and forth into the hub. The hub is a wonderful feature, but not having access to e-mails another way is short sighted. I can get to texts and BBMs multiple ways.
    h20work likes this.
    02-02-13 09:54 PM
    what if you just want to look at work emails and not the 3 other personal emails. click 1 icon and view JUST that account.
    +1
    h20work, wxmancanada and bribert like this.
    02-02-13 09:54 PM
    Does your PB have a hub? Flow? Peek? Is it written in EXACTLY the same code? The answer is no
    Same os and you know that. I'm on. 65 and have none of these problems
    02-02-13 09:55 PM
    what if you just want to look at work emails and not the 3 other personal emails. click 1 icon and view JUST that account. It was in previous BBOS so I can easily see why some people want this.
    in fairness in the hub you can drill down to seperate accounts, you dont have to view a specific one. you CAN also turn individual email accounts off from being visible in the main hub screen.
    howarmat, DuexNoir, Gla1ze and 1 others like this.
    02-02-13 09:56 PM
    i disagree. SMS, twitter DM`s, FB chats and BBM`s all have the send at the bottom. these are all chat style apps.
    email isnt a chat style app, and you`ll notice the cancel option, this for obvious reasons doesnt exist in a chat. therefore they are two different scenarios of communication which do require 2 different UI`s.
    Good points and a perspective I hadn't thought about it. I don't agree, but that's OK. It is a muscle memory thing. Send in every place. It just seems more logical to me.
    In any event, I feel it is inconsistent and others do not. Works for me!

BTW - I think the use of cancel on some screens and back on others is also inconsistently done.
    Minor points? Absolutely.
    02-02-13 09:57 PM
    I have several great apps that accomplish this task. Non-issue.
    Really? Which ones allow you to add attachments to emails easily? How's that Tango for bb working?
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-02-13 09:58 PM
    For me this is true 90% of the time, but that 10% it is quite valuable.
    02-02-13 10:00 PM
    Really? Which ones allow you to add attachments to emails easily? How's that Tango for bb working?
    Files and folders. Tango?? Do you have an issue with me?
    02-02-13 10:02 PM
    there's probably a filter in the hub?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-02-13 10:03 PM
    in fairness in the hub you can drill down to seperate accounts, you dont have to view a specific one. you CAN also turn individual email accounts off from being visible in the main hub screen.
    Okay, so I have to change this setting every single time I want view/un-view my work account. When I leave the office at night, or for the weekend, or want quite time from work I want to be able to separate personal from work - on my 9900 that's achieved by having everything in my main messages list (Facebook, Twitter, GMail, etc) and my work email is in its own icon. It's easy to ignore that icon while at home, but if I want to view the work account, I simply click on it - not go into a menu and re-enable it's hub visibility preference.

Guess I don't have that any more.
    02-02-13 10:05 PM
    Don't complain until you use it. It is not perfect, but it is an improvement in many ways.
    I'll agree that the PB had many short comings, but the BB10 is much improved.

I can't use it yet, "global launch" didn't include any country other than the UK.

Do you mean notification icon? icon? Or the tiles?
    Because WP8 is inherently different. Those tiles are equivalent to an icon on the BB10. Whereas the OP is more about the notification icon.
    What if you want to check all your email all at once? Oh, you can't do that on WP8
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ne-8-a-766882/
    02-02-13 10:05 PM
    Files and folders. Tango?? Do you have an issue with me?
    Files and folders doesn't work with native email. No issues with you, I was a big supporter/petitioner to get tango for the pb.

Long story short, compose a new email on a pb and try adding an attachment
    02-02-13 10:09 PM
    i figured that too as you can on the playbook, its just messier than clicking 1 icon
    02-02-13 10:10 PM
470 ... 34567 ...