thanks for taking the time to put this list together,,, makes me glad that Yanks gotta wait for release,,, some of this should be resolved by then...
    02-02-13 08:08 PM
    Not to sound apologetic but BB10 is completely different from BBOS7. You can't expect the exact same functionality. That being said, i do agree on quite a few of your points, even though I do not think they warrant going back to my Bold 9900.
    But wouldn't you expect the newer OS to have more functionality and not less than old OS in terms of handling messages? Just judging by various forums on the 'net, there are very mixed to negative feelings regarding what has been done with the messaging ability of the new OS. And while the OS may be a "baby" to quote one poster, it shouldn't seem like a giant step backwards from where we were. Note, this is solely related to the messaging aspects of the phone and not the media/gaming/browsing aspects of the phone - on these, the new OS is clearly a giant step forward from where we were.
    02-02-13 08:08 PM
    you can type in landscape when typing a BBM , simply use the hub and you`ll find it`ll rotate. dont ask me why, but that does lol. again, i type in portrait, but i noticed it allows you to do it. also as an added bonus when using BBM (or anything else) from inside the hub, the status bar stays at the top.
    neat workaround
    02-02-13 08:09 PM
    Hope BlackBerry reads this... Was going to say RIM.
    Well just chill. Do not have a heart attack because a phone does not have certain features. Yes we all know some of the OS needs polishing but remember 10.1 will be out soon. The people at RIM had to choose to appeal to a lot of consumers or just stick with the same few that they currently have(I think you know which one they had to choose). The amount of tiny nuances in the OS that you have complained about is ridicoulous. Please make another list after going through and finding the little things about the OS that you love. Still in shock that you made an account called Thorstenpleasefixit. Kevin has said that the features that they put in to the OS had been finalized months ago when he first saw what the Z10 looked like. In conclusion sit back, relax and go with the flow!!
    Now that I think about it... you have sound for your emails? I would have smashed my phone against the wall by now if it made a noise every single time I got an email!
    multi mailboxes - most are silent, important ones had a very faint bong
    southlander and anon(4021844) like this.
    02-02-13 08:10 PM
    All valid points (some more than others) and let's hope they see these concerns and fix em.
    ssbtech and FantomLightning like this.
    02-02-13 08:10 PM
    Your review of the BlackBerry Z10 has been wondering whether it will meet my needs. It seems like a jump, not a step but a jump, backwards in functionality compared to my experience with the BlackBerry Bold 9700 and 9780.
    02-02-13 08:11 PM
    you can't really type 2 handed in portrait on the Z10, it feels too uncomfortable. But 2 handed = QUICK. That's why BBM would be better in landscape. Seems like an odd restriction to make.
    I can't type 2 handed or 1 handed on my torch. No landscape would be a killer for me.
    No way to multiple select, delete-all.
    I have lots of disagreements with you hit not enough time to go through them. This one is.easy to disprove. Z10 has the option to select multiple (Select more) and delete all selected.
    In regards to the apps thing. Remember a launch is a 'window'. Just because those apps weren't there on the official release does not mean that they won't be coming at all. I read on another thread the app approvals are backlogged at the moment, which means have some patience buddy.

Take a video game console for example, not all announced launch titles are released right on the exact day the machine is available to the public. I can recall Oblivion for the Xbox 360 being delayed until February when it was originally supposed to be a launch day release.
    they managed to get a lot of things lined up/ported e.g. BBC i-Player from day one. Bloomberg is there but only the full-fat login to terminal thing, rather than Mobile. Nothing from Sky (our big paid-for broadcaster) yet. WhatsApp is the real pain owing to popularity with non-BBM users.
    Note, this is solely related to the messaging aspects of the phone and not the media/gaming/browsing aspects of the phone - on these, the new OS is clearly a giant step forward from where we were.
    the browser is pretty special, esp in Landscape
    02-02-13 08:12 PM
    Pretty sure that 70% of them can be fixed with software updates. Still they DO need to fix them. Really wish i could get my hands on a damn device so i can try these and find work arounds
    What, the boys didn't send you one? Ouch
    02-02-13 08:13 PM
    neat workaround
    yea it seems theres lots of little things which can be done differently. now i know that was your first post on here, so im not gonna try change your mind, but if people know theres more than one way to do things maybe it`ll help someone.

also sms in the hub, i kinda get your point, but it doesnt bother me if im honest, i actually like knowing all my communication is all in one place
    02-02-13 08:13 PM
    Your review of the BlackBerry Z10 has been wondering whether it will meet my needs. It seems like a jump, not a step but a jump, backwards in functionality compared to my experience with the BlackBerry Bold 9700 and 9780.
    if you are an email power user I would advise severe caution and ultimately avoid/wait a bit for updates. If you like media stuff and want a better browser and are more interesting in tweeting that emailing, probably go with it.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    02-02-13 08:14 PM
    I can't type 2 handed or 1 handed on my torch. No landscape would be a killer for me.
    there's a neat workaround via the hub for Landscape BBM, but not Calendar as far as I can tell on mine
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-02-13 08:15 PM
    BB is mature - things we all take for granted like being able to delete only on device, things like like different alert sounds per mailbox, things like different volume settings per alert... all that is mature and part of Blackberry. This things should have been brought into BB10 as the foundation, then the other stuff (like fixing the browser) added on top.

To expand your metaphor - BB10 is a baby with a very fine heritage of genes, that should have made the Z10 really rather super.
    I think you missed the point...
    Okay. Bunch of things that can be patched in 10.1. But honestly you just sound like a whiner.
    Patched in BlackBerry OS 10.1? So we should expect that update by late summer, huh? Team BlackBerry wake-up, vacations are cancelled for the remainder of your lives, and you are fired. I'll even make it easy on the EI folks by stating your termination is due to incompetence causing grievous financial harm to your employer.
    h20work and JeepBB like this.
    Z10 has the option to select multiple (Select more) and delete all selected.
    agreed.

the "select more" in a sub menu after a long-hold press of a message
    02-02-13 08:16 PM
    Here this should pair well with what you're experiencing
    Issues i have with my z10 (fixes too)-cheese_205.jpg
    02-02-13 08:17 PM
    vacations are cancelled for the remainder of your lives, and you are fired.
    you cant stop them taking vacations if they arent employed by you anymore

sorry jus trying to lighten the mood of this thread a bit
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    02-02-13 08:18 PM
    yea it seems theres lots of little things which can be done differently. now i know that was your first post on here, so im not gonna try change your mind, but if people know theres more than one way to do things maybe it`ll help someone.

also sms in the hub, i kinda get your point, but it doesnt bother me if im honest, i actually like knowing all my communication is all in one place
    I think he was referring to the fact that the sms shortcut doesn't take you to the sms area of the hub, not the fact that its included in the hub itself
    02-02-13 08:19 PM
    Thank you for posting. Hopefully BB does fix these issues ASAP. Some people on here get insulted if you say anything bad about the almighty Blackberry.
    02-02-13 08:20 PM
    Does anyone know how BB is soliciting info re bugs/issues?? You would think that they would have a way of sending info to them? email, log files sent, etc.
    02-02-13 08:21 PM
    If number 1 is indeed true (cannot have different alert tones/volumes for different email accounts), then that is almost a mistake worthy of putting BB out of business. That to me wraps up BB's problem in one foul swoop...they are just disconnected from what people want. Why on earth would a phone that is primarily focused on business users not have the forethought that maybe these users will have more than one email account and want to know which email they have received without having to unlock their phones? That honestly is one of the worst oversites on a phone that I have seen. WP8 is set up that way as well and was one of the main reasons why that phone will NEVER see my pocket. Based on issues listed in the ops post (good, well thought out post BTW) I'm thinking this phone is going to have a very high return rate.

Another thing that I see a lot that gets under my skin is people comparing this phone to the original iPhone. That thinking is a certain way to kill what little chance BB now has at succeeding. BB has been making smart phones for a very long time and should know by now the very basics of what people are looking for. I can understand some software bugs here and there, but basic feature omissions and clunky OS design is going to be the death of this company. They have been on borrowed time for a while with the general public and crap like this will sink then if they're not very very careful in the next few months.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    02-02-13 08:21 PM
470 1234 ...