In 10.2.1 the contacts were syncing flawless between my Z30 and the Gmail Contacts.

Performed update to 10.3.1 via BlackBerry Link as a clean install (after OTA update had many problems).

Now, it totally messed the contacts. It duplicated most of my contacts in the way that it unlinked many of them. Each contact was linked between "Local", Gmail and Outlook (so one contact showed 3 links). Now it broke most of the links showing some contacts in duplicate or even 3 separate entries. This is from a "business phone" manufacturer, it's embarrassing.

Alos, I found that if I modify (edit, delete) an existing contact on the Z30, it won't update in Gmail Contacts. Viceversa works.

Also, adding a new contact in the phone syncs it with Gmail. Also, viceversa works.

The problem seems to be with the existing contacts. It is like Gmail sees the phone as a new device which is not linked to the contacts existing prior to the update.

The Contact account on the Z30 is properly set up as CardD, so I don't think is due to settings.

Did anyone had this issue and has a solution ?
    02-28-15 03:55 AM
    In 10.2.1 the contacts were syncing flawless between my Z30 and the Gmail Contacts.

Performed update to 10.3.1 via BlackBerry Link as a clean install (after OTA update had many problems).

Now, it totally messed the contacts. It duplicated most of my contacts in the way that it unlinked many of them. Each contact was linked between "Local", Gmail and Outlook (so one contact showed 3 links). Now it broke most of the links showing some contacts in duplicate or even 3 separate entries. This is from a "business phone" manufacturer, it's embarrassing.

Alos, I found that if I modify (edit, delete) an existing contact on the Z30, it won't update in Gmail Contacts. Viceversa works.

Also, adding a new contact in the phone syncs it with Gmail. Also, viceversa works.

The problem seems to be with the existing contacts. It is like Gmail sees the phone as a new device which is not linked to the contacts existing prior to the update.

The Contact account on the Z30 is properly set up as CardD, so I don't think is due to settings.

Did anyone had this issue and has a solution ?
    I had this issue.
    What I did is when into my setting and deleted the local contacts. Right after that my contacts start to sync into my phone.
    Hope it help the same.
    Issue with Gmail contact sync after 10.3.1 update-img_20150302_142959.png
    03-02-15 01:34 PM
    +1.
    Had the same issue. Ended with linking them manually .
    Did the same and in google contacts via browser.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 02:50 PM