Hi,

I have an issue connecting an existing Google account to a new Q5..when I try to add the account, I rejects my login details as a combination of user id and password that doesn't work. BUT, I can log in with the same details via the web browser..also, always when I try to connect the account, I receive an email from Google, that an attempt to access my account has been blocked, as the login attempt comes from Indonesia (I live in germany)...so out of any strange reason, Google blocks the attempts to connect the account via the blackberry os..

I tried it via my local wifi connection aswell as via my mobile connection..both times same error message..I also enabeld gps to update the devices position (maybe it got assembled in Indonesia I thought and just needs to see thta the device is now in europe), but no difference..

Has anyone any clue how to solve that issue?

Cheers,
    Max

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 12:55 PM
    Is the account @googlemail.com or @gmail.com ?
    I had same problem with @googlemail.com account, I never requested to change to @gmail.com, had always been set up as @googlemail.com in my phone till I deleted it to add back with a different phone retention period. I could log in on google page but not set phone to hold the account......

Eventually typed in as @gmail.com thinking that's not going to work but tried everything else and surprise It worked!!!
    03-30-14 01:04 PM
    It is a googlemail.com account... I didn't know that there is any difference..tried it as @gmail.com..and worked!! so really Tx a lot for your help!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 01:34 PM