I was reading my local paper this morning and found this article Apple iOS 8: Top 11 features

I cannot get over the fact that the bulk of these features are already built into 10.3. Once blend drops that will complete the connectivity.

Why oh Why is BB not telling anyone about this.

All the best

CO
    09-17-14 04:14 PM
    Yeah just updated my iPad. SMH.
    09-17-14 05:01 PM
    alot of it is not new the the iphone either. Many things are improved over the previous versions
    09-17-14 05:02 PM
    I am very unimpressed with ios 8. I was expecting more than this. Although there are a lot of improvements there is nothing exciting about any of it. (imo) I did install swiftkey but it's nowhere near as good as BlackBerry 10 a keyboard

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 09:01 PM
    The only feature I envy is that ios users can download keyboard replacements from the app store. Like on android

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 09:12 PM
    The only feature I envy is that ios users can download keyboard replacements from the app store. Like on android

Posted via CB10
    Keyboard replacements are only required when the stock keyboard is crap. Such as the iOS keyboard. Likewise whenever I had my Samsung. Stock Samsung keyboard was crap, so had to get SwiftKey.
    With BB10, the virtual keyboard is great! Sure different themes would be nice.

Posted via CB10
    menshawy likes this.
    09-17-14 09:15 PM
    Keyboard replacements are only required when the stock keyboard is crap. Such as the iOS keyboard. Likewise whenever I had my Samsung. Stock Samsung keyboard was crap, so had to get SwiftKey.
    With BB10, the virtual keyboard is great! Sure different themes would be nice.

Posted via CB10
    I agree that bb10 keyboard is the best but I'd really like to use swype keyboard instead

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 09:31 PM
    I agree that bb10 keyboard is the best but I'd really like to use swype keyboard instead

Posted via CB10
    Why? The BB10 keyboard is at least as good, if not better, isn't it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    CRACKBERRY_OZ and piquepoc like this.
    09-17-14 09:34 PM
    Why? The BB10 keyboard is at least as good, if not better, isn't it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    You're not understanding me I guess. What I'm trying to say is that not everyone likes swiping up as much as swiping from letter to letter.for those people, the option should be available

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 09:38 PM
    You're not understanding me I guess. What I'm trying to say is that not everyone likes swiping up as much as swiping from letter to letter.for those people, the option should be available

Posted via CB10
    There is a thread in which a guy tells you in detail how to download and use the swype keyboard. Said it's now possible with the 10.3 os. I didn't dig to much into it being that I'm not one who liked it. Good luck

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 10:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    How is swype going to be better than the BlackBerry keyboard? This is the best keyboard on the market for sure. I'd like to see a comparison video.
    09-18-14 12:09 AM
    How is swype going to be better than the BlackBerry keyboard? This is the best keyboard on the market for sure. I'd like to see a comparison video.
    With Swype, you can swipe from letter to letter. Pretty nifty.

Swype also incorporates Dragon Dictation and handwriting.
    09-18-14 12:14 AM
    As the giddy tech nerd I can sometimes (okay most of the time) be, I raced to get my girlfriend's iPhone5 updated to iOS 8.0. Okay wait. It needs 4.6GB of free space first. Oh that's okay, my girl has has like 30 small apps and some songs and a bunch of pics. Compared to my Z10 which has well over 80 apps and games. Oh wait. Nope. She's only got 4.4GB free. Rats. Okay.

"Hey babe? You listen to any of these songs? No?"

Okay. A few albums deleted later (I still can't figure out how to do this so I had to delete each song one by one), and whammo, 4.6GB free. Okay. Let's start this puppy. Half hour of downloading. Start the install. Take the dog for a walk. Come back to iOS 8.

My girl goes through the newly added TIPS.

"Oh look you can answer from the notification."

Oh? That's so interesting...

"...and you can send a voice note through text?"

Oh really now? Wait... what? (That's not new I don't think)

"Oh you can put a timer to take selfies."

Uhh okay.

"Everything is based on swiping now."

Seriously wtf Apple?

iOS has apps. That's it really. Apple can kiss my derriere. Long live BB10!

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 01:39 AM
    As the giddy tech nerd I can sometimes (okay most of the time) be, I raced to get my girlfriend's iPhone5 updated to iOS 8.0. Okay wait. It needs 4.6GB of free space first. Oh that's okay, my girl has has like 30 small apps and some songs and a bunch of pics. Compared to my Z10 which has well over 80 apps and games. Oh wait. Nope. She's only got 4.4GB free. Rats. Okay.

"Hey babe? You listen to any of these songs? No?"

Okay. A few albums deleted later (I still can't figure out how to do this so I had to delete each song one by one), and whammo, 4.6GB free. Okay. Let's start this puppy. Half hour of downloading. Start the install. Take the dog for a walk. Come back to iOS 8.

My girl goes through the newly added TIPS.

"Oh look you can answer from the notification."

Oh? That's so interesting...

"...and you can send a voice note through text?"

Oh really now? Wait... what?

"Oh you can put a timer to take selfies."

Uhh okay.

"Everything is based on swiping now."

Seriously wtf Apple?

iOS has apps. That's it really. Apple can kiss my derriere. Long live BB10!

Posted via CB10
    That's my exact point thanks
    09-18-14 01:43 AM
    My take on this. iPhone 6 is a copied Z10. iPhone 6+ is a copied Z30. iOS 8 attempted copy of BB10.3.
    mzway likes this.
    09-18-14 02:33 AM
    I just like how people are claim Apple are copying BlackBerry just when 10.3 isn't even out yet... And it's not coming to the devices that are released. How can you copy something that isn't out yet?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 03:12 AM
    I just like how people are claim Apple are copying BlackBerry just when 10.3 isn't even out yet... And it's not coming to the devices that are released. How can you copy something that isn't out yet?

Posted via CB10
    Edit: Also, when does CrackBerry become let's compare BlackBerry to everyone and everything else? Can we just keep it BlackBerry? There are quite a lot of threads when people are using Android and iOS and still asking help here. Seriously, it's getting pointless

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 03:13 AM
    I hit quote instead of edit. Oh well

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 03:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    10.3.0.xxxx is for the Passport, 10.3.1.xxxx will be for all devices. BlackBerry says so.

Now that you know that BlackBerry 10.3 targets new hardware and that the BlackBerry Classic device is arriving this year, I�d like to clarify that the BlackBerry Classic will launch with BlackBerry 10.3.1. BlackBerry 10.3.1 will also be available to all current BlackBerry 10 smartphones as an OS update later this year.
    09-18-14 05:54 AM
    10.3.0.xxxx is for the Passport, 10.3.1.xxxx will be for all devices. BlackBerry says so.
    I know that... but the passport isn't out... so 10.3 isn't either...

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 05:56 AM
    BB10 is a copy of WebOS, Android (even though most of its greatest features were already available on iOS jailbreak), and the iOS JailBreak community. Give or take the hub, everything else on BB10 is a rip-off from somewhere. iOS > BB10

The numbers don't lie, only men and women do.
    09-18-14 06:05 AM
    BB10 is a copy of WebOS, Android (even though most of its greatest features were already available on iOS jailbreak), and the iOS JailBreak community. Give or take the hub BB10, everything else is a rip-off from somewhere. iOS > BB10

Haha you're funny. Like I really hope this is sarcasm. You do know that iMore is one click away eh?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 06:07 AM
    It might not be better for you but it is for other people. Swype keyboard is a completely different keyboard than the BB10 keyboard and options are always welcome.

And to the guy that said you can install it, yes you can but you can only use it for android apps

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 06:09 AM
    BB10 is a copy of WebOS, Android (even though most of its greatest features were already available on iOS jailbreak), and the iOS JailBreak community. Give or take the hub, everything else on BB10 is a rip-off from somewhere. iOS > BB10

Sure.
    09-18-14 06:26 AM
    I know that... but the passport isn't out... so 10.3 isn't either...

Posted via CB10
    Yes, and that was part of the post I quoted; however:

And it's not coming to the devices that are released.
    This is what I was replying to.
    09-18-14 07:32 AM
55 123