Now this is something Blackberry need to pay attention for their Voice Control:

iOS 7: Siri Will Learn to Pronounce Names Correctly | TechnoBuffalo

"Previous versions of Siri were often unable to pronounce complicated names, which left users with little choice except to manually enter phonetic spellings. The iOS 7 update will reportedly enable Siri with the ability to ask for help if it has trouble with a new name, offering several possible pronunciations and asking you to choose to correct one. Additionally, if Siri gets a name wrong you can correct it and trigger the same learning process."
    07-11-13 12:39 AM
    Ya, that was at the top of most wanted improved features except.. not really.
    Dzyen, gng11, 00stryder and 4 others like this.
    07-11-13 12:54 AM
    I want blackberry to develop a really amazing voice control

One that does things like learn to recognize your accent, new words and names

And can recognize and apply a complex series of commands

Eg. "Open browser, then turn on desktop mode, then navigate to X website "

I think there is room in the market for BlackBerry to differentiate itself by making something like that. Right now I use sayit, Safedrive and blackberry voice, which would be decent if they could all be integrated together but still nothing compared to what I'm proposing.

The fact that it's just called blackberry voice shows a lack of pride.. I think improving the voice control should be one of their priorities

Posted via CB10
    gng11 likes this.
    07-11-13 02:02 AM
    I want blackberry to develop a really amazing voice control

One that does things like learn to recognize your accent, new words and names

And can recognize and apply a complex series of commands

Eg. "Open browser, then turn on desktop mode, then navigate to X website "

I think there is room in the market for BlackBerry to differentiate itself by making something like that. Right now I use sayit, Safedrive and blackberry voice, which would be decent if they could all be integrated together but still nothing compared to what I'm proposing.

The fact that it's just called blackberry voice shows a lack of pride.. I think improving the voice control should be one of their priorities

Posted via CB10
    I think voice confirmation on dictated messages is essential. If I am sending a text via voice because I am driving, isn't it even more distracting to try and correct the mistakes? I think "did you say..." or " I'm sorry, was that Barry or Harry? " are absolutely key to making the dictation features useable.

Posted via CB10
    gng11 likes this.
    07-11-13 02:59 AM
    Blackberry's voice control is on the bottom of the pyramid. Miles away from siri
    07-11-13 03:09 AM
    Blackberry's voice control is on the bottom of the pyramid. Miles away from siri
    That's why I use SayIt. Way better!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 03:28 AM
    With the 10.2 update coming the gap should be much closer. I also agree that BlackBerry voice control should have a name.
    gng11 likes this.
    07-11-13 09:58 AM
    This is not learning... at all. instead of guessing it asks, so what. That is literally so simple any voice control could do it.
    habs_fan likes this.
    07-11-13 10:40 AM
    There are so many regional accents, tonal expressions, etc. I think Blackberry need to not just outdo, but go above and be in a league of its own. Now that's what I would call "need-not-want". XD

Ya, that was at the top of most wanted improved features except.. not really.
    07-13-13 01:10 AM
    I always say "Iris" for the name LOL

Posted via CB10 from my B@d@ss Z10
    ddlax22 likes this.
    07-13-13 01:17 AM
    I'm ok with BB10 voice control pronunciation...it's the only voice control that has ever been able to properly pronounce my name.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10! Verizon STL100-4 BBM Channel: C000534C0
    07-13-13 01:42 AM
    Never used voice control and I doubt I ever will.

If you text me while I'm driving: a) important enough for a phone call or b) unimportant and it can wait until I'm done driving.
    07-13-13 04:00 AM
    I think this would be a good idea for any voice controlled assistant. Not the #1 issue to be addressed in updates but certainly one to note.

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    07-13-13 08:26 AM
    you know what would be even better, an app that read your thoughts! a mind control app! that'd be great!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 08:38 AM
    I tested it on 10.2 and it's pretty good, there's a few threads about it. With screen shots.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 12:40 PM
    I know plenty of people with iphones, and there isn't a single one of them that even uses Siri.............just sayin'..........

Posted via my Cyberdyne Systems T-800
    07-13-13 03:22 PM
    I know plenty of people with iphones, and there isn't a single one of them that even uses Siri.............just sayin'..........

Posted via my Cyberdyne Systems T-800
    Well it becomes handy when you need it. As they say no Plan B is not a good plan.
    07-18-13 07:56 PM