While browsing through the file system on my Dev Alpha, I discovered many interesting bits of information which I am going to share with you all today. I could’ve got access to more information but certain files were locked and inaccessible from my filesystem browsing app which I sideloaded, probably because I didn’t have enough security privileges to access them.

You can read about everything by checking out my article which I wrote few hours back: Blackberry 10: Interesting discoveries - SkotGat
    01-02-13 12:08 PM
    If you were to follow the CrackBerry forums more closely, you'd know that pretty much all of this info has been posted and discussed before. Much of it's been visible to developers since as far back as the spring.

By the way, connecting via SSH and grabbing the output of "ls -laR /", the comparing the listings between releases, is a really effective way to see what's been added, removed, or changed. For example, a long time ago (was it on the PlayBook? can't recall now) we could see signs of Netflix stuff in there... then in later releases it was removed. I point that out to demonstrate that just because you find something in the file system doesn't mean it will actually be available at launch. We'll learn the reality in only 28 days though! :-)
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    01-02-13 12:16 PM
    Most (if not all?) as Peter states - has been known here for a little while now.

Good evidence provided for each - cool to see.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-02-13 12:29 PM
    Most (if not all?) as Peter states - has been known here for a little while now.

Sorry, I didnt know that many stuff was already discovered. I was just browsing the FS and was quite shocked to see all that.
    01-02-13 12:33 PM

Thanks I will update the post if I find more info. Currently digging through other files to find something new!
    01-02-13 12:34 PM
    although a lot of things are already known but none the less a very well written article, thanks
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-02-13 12:35 PM
    although a lot of things are already known but none the less a very well written article, thanks
    Glad you liked it!
    01-02-13 12:36 PM
    FYI, DLNA is supported on current OS 7.1 as well.
    01-02-13 12:57 PM
    FYI, DLNA is supported on current OS 7.1 as well.
    BlackBerry 7.1 devices make use of the uPNP standards and are not DLNA certified. For a device to be DLNA certified it needs to support both uPNP and DLNA though many (not all) DLNA devices work just fine with the uPNP BlackBerry 7.1 media server.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl
    01-02-13 01:23 PM
    Totally agree with that comment.
    01-02-13 02:45 PM