theregister.co.uk/2013/11/19/a_better_android_than_android_blackberry_superchar ges_stealth_steed/

Rogers Z10-stl100-3, 10.2.0.424
    southlander likes this.
    11-19-13 12:24 PM
    cool, thanks
    11-19-13 12:28 PM
    How is a dead not working link that isn't even clickable cool?
    11-19-13 12:42 PM
    Copied for you:

The REAL JUICE behind leaked BlackBerry OS: Android apps to slip in without protection • The Register

"..........One is that Google today is a predatory $50bn-a year market-munching monster,
    and no rival is prepared to indulge it in the way they indulged Microsoft. Twenty
    years ago it was common to hear the view that Microsoft “was freeing us from
    IBM”. Such naivety is pretty rare now – outside the groupthink of Android fanbois
    who are apparently incapable of looking a gift horse in the mouth.
    The other factor is that the dynamics of the hardware industry are now quite
    different. IBM’s PC division needed to sell Windows, and Microsoft played very
    tough indeed. If you continue to sell OS/2, Microsoft’s OEM reps explained to the
    IBM PC guys, you’ll either not get a Windows license, or your Windows license will
    be very expensive indeed.
    But ODMs face a subtly different situation. Sure, if they want access to Google’s
    services they can’t sell devices based on a forked Android. That’s in the “open”
    Android licence agreement. But that doesn’t bother Amazon, which has forked
    Android and maintains its own branch - and simply points users to its own
    services.
    And quite soon, it won’t bother Samsung either. ODMs want a vibrant app
    ecosystem and they don’t really care what’s underneath. If the industry wishes to
    avoid being steamrollered by Google, it needs to go “Android compatible” and
    develop its own mix of services on top.
    That’s where the dark horse of BB10, which, according to today’s conventional
    wisdom, becomes a liability for BlackBerry. Perhaps it’s a better Android than
    Android?"
    johnnyuk likes this.
    11-19-13 12:42 PM
    How is a dead not working link that isn't even clickable cool?
    Because I know how the internet works and can copy and paste an url from a browser. Dummy.
    magtheridon2000 and Mack Gans like this.
    11-19-13 01:02 PM
    Because I know how the internet works and can copy and paste an url from a browser. Dummy.
    11-19-13 01:11 PM
    Funny, I made the better android than android comment in these forums before this article was published.
    They owe me royalties lol
    There are many more that work than those that don't.
    Did you realize though that we as BlackBerry users can run more android apps that roughly 50% of android users?
    At this point, BlackBerry 10, running 10.2.1 can run more android apps than almost half of all android users.
    Dashboards | Android Developers
    according to android, only just over half of all active android phones are running jellybean, with 1/4 of the rest still on gingerbread.

You have to look at the WHOLE PICTURE.

OUR BB10's ARE BETTER ANDROID PHONES THAN MOST ANDROID PHONES
    11-19-13 01:30 PM
    In his defense... thia can't be done in CB10 without starting a reply with quote, and then copying from that...

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    11-19-13 01:42 PM
    In his defense... thia can't be done in CB10 without starting a reply with quote, and then copying from that...

It's still basic 'living in 2013' skills.
    11-19-13 01:57 PM
    But it is a very interesting take on the Android world and "world dominance by a single player" if you know what I mean. Total dominance is never a good thing, in my opinion. Competition is always good. On another note: I incidentally like The Register. Been reading them for a number of years.
    11-19-13 01:59 PM
    When the Z10 came out, no less than Peter Misek (I forget do "we" like him or not these days), claimed the Z10 to be the best Android phone on the market at that time.

He was wrong then, this is wrong now.
    11-19-13 02:04 PM
    When the Z10 came out, no less than Peter Misek (I forget do "we" like him or not these days), claimed the Z10 to be the best Android phone on the market at that time.

He was wrong then, this is wrong now.
    Please explain/elaborate.
    Why do you feel this way?
    11-19-13 02:13 PM
    It's still basic 'living in 2013' skills.
    But in CB 10 it is certainly not obvious how to do it if the link is broken... it is also a PITA... and it would be nice if copy/paste was fixed in this app amongst other numerous issues... it is well past time for an update to CB10!

11-19-13 06:22 PM
    But in CB 10 it is certainly not obvious how to do it if the link is broken... it is also a PITA... and it would be nice if copy/paste was fixed in this app amongst other numerous issues... it is well past time for an update to CB10!

I see what you did there
    11-19-13 06:53 PM
    This could be good or bad for BlackBerry. The article doesn't state that apks have no access to the work side which is also a plus.

With the right marketing this could be what BlackBerry needs to get right in the minds on some consumers. But then we're talking about BlackBerry and marketing, which hasn't been there best since the launch of bb10.

Could bb10 be "A better Android then Android"? No, because a full android experience includes widgets etc. Could BlackBerry now be "A secure (Android) alternative to Android"? That is very possible.

This is purely an opinion, only time will tell.

The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    Last edited by SDTRMG; 11-19-13 at 11:07 PM.
    11-19-13 10:25 PM
    BlackBerry could be onto a winner if they capitalise on this functionality and move with the flow. The ability to load Android APK Natively is another tool to the arsenal but there needs to be a more legitimate way of incorporating them. My view would be a subdivision of BlackBerry World which houses the APK files directly. The likes of is may obtain apps via a variety of means but the average Joe or Jolene needs a very simple way of getting them.

I realise this is a double edged sword but it is also something that no other platform has.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 04:43 AM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 04:49 AM