Just interested to know is there any thing that BlackBerry OS can't do while IOZS can?
    Lots of people think iPhone as the best phone in india.
    I never used an iPhone so interested to know about it.

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    02-12-15 08:37 AM
    iTunes?
    iMessage?
    iCloud?
    idk ( ._.)
    02-12-15 08:43 AM
    iTunes?
    iMessage?
    iCloud?
    idk ( ._.)
    Love the last part umi Lol

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    02-12-15 08:47 AM
    I would say that most consumers that don't try other OS' are really into the app situation. The fact that iOS (and droid) have such a big selection of native apps, from banking, news, coffee shops, games, etc. This is what so many consumers have gotten used to and if it's not there, then they don't' like us. People like convenience and if there isn't an app for it, then it pretty much sucks.

But a Blackberry and an iPhone are being marketed to different market groups, even though they both would like to be in both the enterprise and consumer market.
    anon(1926122) likes this.
    02-12-15 08:59 AM
    I would say that most consumers that don't try other OS' are really into the app situation. The fact that iOS (and droid) have such a big selection of native apps, from banking, news, coffee shops, games, etc. This is what so many consumers have gotten used to and if it's not there, then they don't' like us. People like convenience and if there isn't an app for it, then it pretty much sucks.

But a Blackberry and an iPhone are being marketed to different market groups, even though they both would like to be in both the enterprise and consumer market.
    It's true what you said about but here in india nobody knows anything about mobile in that very detail- what is the mobile aimed for.
    All they do is fb, what's app,messaging,gmail,instagram, clash of clans or candy crush,mxplayer,share it. These all are supported in BlackBerry too. I don't understand why they hate BlackBerry than even what they use in android and iPhone the same thing can be used in BlackBerry too?!

02-12-15 09:04 AM
    iTunes?
    iMessage?
    iCloud?
    idk ( ._.)
    What are those? Itunes,imessage?

02-12-15 09:04 AM
    We can delve into all sorts of specifics if you like, however, given that Apple just announced that they have sold a billion iOS devices over the years and they are pretty much the most profitable company that ever existed, and that that profit mostly depends on iOS devices then one can safely assume that they are putting a ton of resources into iOS. Unless Apple software engineers are a bunch of non-productive dummies compared to Blackberry software engineers one can expect that iOS will lead in capabilities while BB10 will be trying to keep up with the resources they have.
    02-12-15 10:04 AM
    Would be nice to be able to open an iTunes Podcast and be able to play it on an app on my bb10

Posted via CB10
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    02-12-15 10:19 AM
    Just interested to know is there any thing that BlackBerry OS can't do while IOZS can?
    Lots of people think iPhone as the best phone in india.
    I never used an iPhone so interested to know about it.

It doesn't matter what it can do. What matters is what the ad people make you think it can do.

iTunes?
    And that's a good thing.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 11:10 AM
    Ihandcuffs once you are in fact i then thay own you

Z10
    02-12-15 11:17 AM
    iTunes?
    iMessage?
    iCloud?
    idk ( ._.)
    iCloud? i thought it was iHack.
    02-12-15 12:20 PM
    lol!

What are those? Itunes,imessage?
    Just Apple exclusive features that a lot of Apple users prefer. iMessage is an Apple version of PIN messages and iTunes is the media player and sound files cannot be loaded otherwise.
    02-12-15 12:26 PM
    Actually iPhone happens to be more compliant with exchange active sync protocol than BlackBerry 10 phones. Up until 10.3.1 for example (mind that it is not officially released yet) you cannot choose which contact folder from exchange should be synced.

For a phone and company so proud in doing e-mail the best in the whole galaxy it seems just silly.

And this is just one example. I could survive the lack of thousands of apps, but the lack of basic sync capabilities is just frustrating.

Other than that, I love my z30

Glad that they addressed the contacts issue in new software version, but still the contacts app is lots to be desired. It would be great to sync different exchange (eas capabilities again) shared calendars - which iPhone does ok.

So here you go. I've heard that ios is the most compatible with active sync protocol os there is.

Posted via CB10
    Flatman likes this.
    02-12-15 02:00 PM
    It's true what you said about but here in india nobody knows anything about mobile in that very detail- what is the mobile aimed for.
    All they do is fb, what's app,messaging,gmail,instagram, clash of clans or candy crush,mxplayer,share it. These all are supported in BlackBerry too. I don't understand why they hate BlackBerry than even what they use in android and iPhone the same thing can be used in BlackBerry too?!

I would have to agree with you. From my experience from those that do not understand BB10 and BBRY phones is that they believe the app selection is still rather low because if they don't open up BB world and it's not in there, then there isn't a solution. A lot of people do not like to sideload (or used to do this) or go to the Amazon store, etc. to try and get an app that isn't built for BB10 in the first place. They just want to open up their app selection, search and get it.
    02-12-15 02:27 PM
    iOS can do push for Yahoo accounts because of their IMAP implementation. Android and BB10 are stuck on fetching, unsure about Winphone.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    02-12-15 02:39 PM
    I have an ipod touch for my music and Itunes is an absolute pain at times.

My brothers have Iphones. So I do use ios sometimes. It's nothing special.

It's the zillion apps and games that ios and android have that everyone gets so horny about. And if BlackBerry didn't have their collective heads stuck up their rear ends for a long time, we could've had just as many apps and games for our phones.

Posted from CB10 on my awesome Q5
    02-12-15 02:41 PM
    I think from a technical perspective the OS's are extremely alike, since they are both a UNIX type os, the difference is the tools, utilities, and api's that are developed on top of the OS. The HUB or iTunes are not part of the OS just applications that come with the OS.
    02-12-15 02:48 PM
    [INFO]Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'someone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Facebook notification will not show in the hub” or “How do I use Glympse on BBM? ” [/INFO]
    02-12-15 02:55 PM
    The topic and OP seems to be opposite of each other. Can vs can't.

Posted via CB10
    raino and Ealaionta like this.
    02-12-15 03:05 PM
    Cause you to develop thumb cramps from having to press the home button all the time...

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900, j1m0h and Flatman like this.
    02-12-15 03:54 PM
    I don't believe there is one simple answer here. Sure, the OS' are different but they are both going to accomplish essentially the same things. It's almost like asking if there is something a Ford truck can do that a Chevy can't.

The app situation is going to be the most notable point. It's simple and easy to get apps for just about everything on an iPhone. If you can think of it, they probably have an app for it. We can probably all agree that the situation on BlackBerry isn't ideal. So there is that, fast simple access to the content (apps) you want.

But, I believe your question is more centered upon why do people choose one over the other. I think the answer to that is more about comfort than anything else. Would one prefer the phone no one has and no one knows how to use, or would one prefer the phone everyone has and everyone knows how to use (excluding present company).
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-12-15 06:38 PM
    AHAHAHHAHAA!!! LOL
    02-12-15 06:51 PM
    Some of the main things I can think of:

1. Email compatibility. iOS cannot natively support Gmail's IMAP push. You need to install a separate app for that capability. In fact, Apple supports a limited number of IMAP push servers. However, Activesync works great on the iPhone.

2. Shared Email Server Processes: iOS and Mac OS are very hard on IMAP email servers. They often use up to 5 processes per email account per device. The key problem is that they don't "release" these processes and keep them open all the time. This can quickly clog up and crash shared servers. This has been a longstanding problem with Apple native email clients and they don't seem interested in fixing it.

3. Multitasking restrictions. iOS seems very restrictive about allowing third party applications to have access to certain features on the phone. For examply, for the Dropbox app to work correctly, you need to allow the app to run location services all the time. Probably not the biggest deal but it is annoying to see the location services arrow on all the time.

4. BlackBerry Balance. Separate enterprise and personal aspects of the device.

5. BlackBerry Blend. A very nice consumer / SMB tool.

I'm sure there are other differences. In general, the iPhone can do almost everything that a BB10 phone can. But, it will do it differently and, IMO, less efficiently. BB10 was designed around messaging, security, and the enterprise in general. It can be used with basically all protocols for email, contacts, and calendar (PIM functions). For a business device, it's an awesome performer. That being said, if you're into apps, nothing beats an iPhone.
    Meshdow and PatrickMJS like this.
    02-12-15 06:53 PM
    I don't believe there is one simple answer here. Sure, the OS' are different but they are both going to accomplish essentially the same things. It's almost like asking if there is something a Ford truck can do that a Chevy can't.

The app situation is going to be the most notable point. It's simple and easy to get apps for just about everything on an iPhone. If you can think of it, they probably have an app for it. We can probably all agree that the situation on BlackBerry isn't ideal. So there is that, fast simple access to the content (apps) you want.

But, I believe your question is more centered upon why do people choose one over the other. I think the answer to that is more about comfort than anything else. Would one prefer the phone no one has and no one knows how to use, or would one prefer the phone everyone has and everyone knows how to use (excluding present company).
    I don't think so that will make any problem. I know a lot of people who have converted into IOS and understood it on their own. There isn't a big thing in BlackBerry that people can't understand. There is an option for help and especially crackberry that solves all the problems. Only thing it will be difficult for them is the installation of Google play store or snap and typing which needs practice.

PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-12-15 06:55 PM
    Heres something iphone doesnt have on os10.

Group text messaging. Iphone lets you do group messaging but it automatically puts it into group message and reply mode. Then when someone replies, everyone gets the message. Its extremley annoying.

Blackberry has messaging and group messaging down to a science.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-12-15 07:50 PM
67 123