can anybody tell if we will be able to install apps to the SD card or just to the devices internal flash memory?

I suppose it'll be to device memory only.
    01-26-13 09:33 PM
    I don't think anyone can confirm anything at this point. Just wait a few more days and you'll get an answer.
    01-26-13 09:36 PM
    logically speaking...probably on the device. Apps usually store files locally for easy access. If an app integrates with the phone native festures, you'll probably not want alter the downloading path.
    01-26-13 09:42 PM
    yeah thought so too. let's wait and see :-) expandable memory is usually just for docs, media, etc.
    01-26-13 09:46 PM
    Unlikely. When you insert a media card into the Dev Alpha, it creates a folder structure similar to the PlayBook "shared" folder, i.e. with "camera", "documents", "videos" etc folders. If it were possible to install apps on the media card, it would need to create a folder structure one or two levels higher.
    01-27-13 08:30 AM
    Does android allow you to save apps to the sd card as one reason I ditched my windows 8 phone a week after i bought it was that I couldn't save apps to the sd card? The only reason I want to save to the sd card is so I can password protect my photos and videos via an app so that any app that has access to the photo library can't browse the photos of my kids, this means this app grows very big so I don't want to use up all the internal space if it can be helped.
    01-28-13 05:16 AM
    Does android allow you to save apps to the sd card as one reason I ditched my windows 8 phone a week after i bought it was that I couldn't save apps to the sd card? The only reason I want to save to the sd card is so I can password protect my photos and videos via an app so that any app that has access to the photo library can't browse the photos of my kids, this means this app grows very big so I don't want to use up all the internal space if it can be helped.
    Pre jellybean yes you could, as of the jb update, most if not all app to sd hacks fail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    01-28-13 06:17 AM