CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    298A3B13
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default installing apps

can anybody tell if we will be able to install apps to the SD card or just to the devices internal flash memory?

I suppose it'll be to device memory only.
    /Joe
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,591 Global Posts

I don't think anyone can confirm anything at this point. Just wait a few more days and you'll get an answer.
    Z10
    64gb PlayBook
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: installing apps

logically speaking...probably on the device. Apps usually store files locally for easy access. If an app integrates with the phone native festures, you'll probably not want alter the downloading path.
    Not a hippy, but I do appreciate peace, love, and happiness.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    298A3B13
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Default AW: installing apps

yeah thought so too. let's wait and see :-) expandable memory is usually just for docs, media, etc.
    /Joe
    CrackBerry Master

Unlikely. When you insert a media card into the Dev Alpha, it creates a folder structure similar to the PlayBook "shared" folder, i.e. with "camera", "documents", "videos" etc folders. If it were possible to install apps on the media card, it would need to create a folder structure one or two levels higher.
    ORBIT for BB10 - The World In Your Pocket - World, Time, Weather in spectacular 3D. Demo on our site!

Files & Folders
    for PlayBook and BB10: a powerful unified file, folder & cloud manager and media streamer with integrated SkyDrive, Google Docs, Google Drive, SugarSync, Dropbox, Box, thumbnails and more - Free 3-day trial! - Voted Best New BlackBerry App
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    990 Global Posts

Default installing apps

Does android allow you to save apps to the sd card as one reason I ditched my windows 8 phone a week after i bought it was that I couldn't save apps to the sd card? The only reason I want to save to the sd card is so I can password protect my photos and videos via an app so that any app that has access to the photo library can't browse the photos of my kids, this means this app grows very big so I don't want to use up all the internal space if it can be helped.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,159 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

Default Re: installing apps

Quote Originally Posted by bobo616 View Post
    Does android allow you to save apps to the sd card as one reason I ditched my windows 8 phone a week after i bought it was that I couldn't save apps to the sd card? The only reason I want to save to the sd card is so I can password protect my photos and videos via an app so that any app that has access to the photo library can't browse the photos of my kids, this means this app grows very big so I don't want to use up all the internal space if it can be helped.
    Pre jellybean yes you could, as of the jb update, most if not all app to sd hacks fail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.