Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By eyhab27
  • 1 Post By Cappyshirt
  • 1 Post By JAGWIRE
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,329 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Instagram to BB10

Don't believe everything you read, Instagram is coming to BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

I don't know if people have just missed this post or are we just sweeping this under the rug so that CBK doesn't get in trouble...
    Listening to the 092 Pod even the guys on there said that IG might/should/hopefully will be coming to BB10. So whats the deal here?!?!
    Back from the depths!!!
    9000>>9950>>8530>>9810>>Z10>>iPhone 5>>Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    405 Global Posts

I think the thinking went like this - FB is fully on board with BB10, Instagram is now owened by FB, therefore there will be an Istagram app. The concern now (from the pod) appears to be 'if these apps are coming, where are they?'
    CrackBerry Abuser

FB has always been fully on board with RIM. They each have always supported each other, so I don't see any difference when it comes to BB10 and instagram. FB appears to open the gates and allow RIM to build its own apps on behalf of FB. As a product, I dont know why ANYONE would turn down that deal, especially for BB10. (Note: I just recently read that Android only recently got its own fully/properly functioning Facebook app, something blackberry's have had for ages)

I dont think app support will be a major issue with BB10 as the users will be there. This is not a secondary device, like the playbook- its a primary device that folks are genuinely waiting for. Netflix and Skype could never come to BB phones bc of the OS limitations, lack of screen real estate and a second camera support (skype specific). Is it possible that instagram didn't make an app for the 9900 bc of the POS camera? I think it is very much possible. What good is a camera app when the hardware on the device doesnt even have autofocus!

Of the 80M users, even if 25% of users upgrade to the L-series, and then another 10% upgrade to the N-series, that is almost 30M devices sold. That is a lot of users on a brand new platform (way more than the PlayBook thats for sure). With the success of BB10 on phones, it will bring popularity to the PlayBook- as folks will finally realize the true capabilities of BB10.

After the initial success of the L and N series, I think this then opens the door for RIM to unleash their true 'super smartphone', the A-series. Lets be honest, anyone who wants BB10 (folks who are already BB users), will buy one early on (within the first months of launch). These folks will be your marketers on the ground. So when the A-series launches around the time of the iPhone, folks will be hard pressed to not at least give this device a shot. Especially with the impressive hardware that it has rumored to have. Legacy BB users will be upset by this strategy, but I think it has proved that we are loyal and will stick around through thick and thin. We will wait for the second A-series device in a few years and be happy with our support for RIM. Black is definitely back.
    Last edited by eyhab27; 12-14-2012 at 09:10 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,338 Global Posts

I bet RIM is helping them build the instagram app
    CrackBerry Abuser

If there getting Instagram, I think it would be a good idea to keep it a secret until launch day.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Instagram isn't revealed yet for a big boom launch as mentioned, the podcast discussed the relative merits of encouraging other developers by letting it be known other big apps were on board vs a big surprise launch. I'm fed up with all the whinging about the 9900 camera, yes it didn't have autofocus, but that wouldn't prevent instagram as that just adds filters on top regardless of the quality of the image, so let's not turn this thread into another complaining session about the 9900 camera, it came out well over a year ago now, get over it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

My friend mentioned he was using an Instagram type app on the l-series yesterday....I did not ask him specifically if it was Instagram.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    993 Global Posts

I know everyone says that RIM has a good relationship with Facebook, but when I visited Facebook HQ over the summer I saw the desk where people get to play with the latest phones and then they are directed to see another desk if they want a new phone. They are not allowed to have BlackBerry phones there and when I asked the worker I knew he just kind of laughed and said no, no BlackBerry here. With that said, I'm not too sure they take BlackBerry seriously. Hope that doesn't mean they aren't working with them on Instagram.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,060 Global Posts

Default Instagram to BB10

Quote Originally Posted by Snipperdo17 View Post
    I know everyone says that RIM has a good relationship with Facebook, but when I visited Facebook HQ over the summer I saw the desk where people get to play with the latest phones and then they are directed to see another desk if they want a new phone. They are not allowed to have BlackBerry phones there and when I asked the worker I knew he just kind of laughed and said no, no BlackBerry here. With that said, I'm not too sure they take BlackBerry seriously. Hope that doesn't mean they aren't working with them on Instagram.
    The latest phones but probably not alpha phones. I'm just hoping he laughed because they have made zero apps for any BlackBerry to date. Who knows maybe they have to keep it tight lipped till launch.

Sent from my game boy color
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,329 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

BB App World is going to have 70K apps at launch and RIM have said that they have been working on getting the top 100 apps on there. I have faith that I.G. will be in BBWorld at launch. Personally if its not then no big loss. The app im looking forward most is the hope that Starbucks bring back the love for BB.
    Back from the depths!!!
    dee. likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

Default Re: Instagram to BB10

I am hoping that RIM is compelling top developers to build apps for BlackBerry 10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RubberChicken76 View Post
    I bet RIM is helping them build the instagram app
    And I bet Kevin is on the team too. That's why he's rarely around.
    LOL
    BB10 Finally January 30th 2013
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,032 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you ask

I think we could always side load any Android App. Shame the guy that developed the IOS emulator for BB10 stopped and went away. Then BB10 could boast virtually every ap ever made.
    Ad Lucem

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1magine View Post
    I think we could always side load any Android App. Shame the guy that developed the IOS emulator for BB10 stopped and went away. Then BB10 could boast virtually every ap ever made.
    He went away because android is open source no one owns it IOS is owned by apple and he didn't want his pants sued.
    CrackBerry User

facebook is in the business of selling advertising. If they want to make back the cool billion they spent on instagram, then its in their best interest to get it on every platform including bb10 and wp8. We've already seen the early stages of the web version as well. Its only a matter of time.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,304 Global Posts

You know the more I think about this I like Instagram, but I would really love a car, and since I am on board on that original thread of Kevin's - forgive my rooting interest. As I re-read it - how long does Kevin have before he's wrong and has to buy the car for some lucky contestant?
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    12,052 Global Posts

Default Re: Instagram to BB10

Quote Originally Posted by eyhab27 View Post
    (Note: I just recently read that Android only recently got its own fully/properly functioning Facebook app, something blackberry's have had for ages)

Really? Where did you read that?

Zucks cares about eyeballs. He'd give a Facebook app to MySpace if he thought it would give him more subscribers.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,329 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

CBK wont have to give a car to anyone, hes in the know LOL. and to post #12 the reason CBK isnt around is becasue he is busy getting CB.com up and ready for when BB10 launches and they redo the site to fit the new persona. and the awesome CB BB10 app thats also coming down the pipe
    Back from the depths!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    932 Global Posts

All I know is that if Instagram isn't there I want that car Kevin!!!
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.