This used to happen occasionally with BBOS- the device would think you had unread messages and would show this in the indicator bar and nothing short of a backup, wipe and restore would fix it..Well something of the like is happening on my Z10 running BB10, but it's even less predictable.. It comes and goes and the count goes all over the place..It was showing 0 unread for the first few days, then it went to 8 unread for a while, then reset to zero, and worked properly for a day or so, then went to 4 unread, and it has been like that until Saturday, and at some point it went even crazier and now it's showing 135 unread messages... This has got to get fixed yesterday.. It looks incredibly bad for BlackBerry as the pioneer in mobile email to have such a flaky 9th generation (BB pagers, BBOS 1 thru 7, PlayBook email, and BB10 makes 9 by my count) email system..

I've got 4 email accounts registered: a Gmail, an outlook com, the ISP IMAP, and a work IMAP... I've done "mark all as Read", I've gone through each individual email, including folders and the stupid unread count is completely out to lunch..

Anyone else seeing similar symptoms?
    02-10-13 06:06 PM
    There have been threads about this. I'm really skeptical as to whether this is an OS bug though as I haven't had it happen.

Where exactly is this number that you're reading? Lockscreen? Peek? In the hub itself?

When you swipe right in the hub, are there any numbers next to the list of accounts displayed?
    02-10-13 06:40 PM
    Peek.. swipe up and the envelope icon is displayed with a number under it.. also displayed on the lock screen on the left hand side.. Again this number is totally crazy- I just rebooted the device and where it was 135 before, after restarting, it's now 21.. completely out to lunch..
    02-10-13 07:21 PM
    I'm having a similar issue. My unread messages count shows as 16 when peaking up to see the envelope icon, but none of my configured email accounts have any unread items when I go into each of them on the phone. I've also tried a Mark Prior as Read to no avail. (You can try that in the Hub by holding down the date header for a second or two and then choose the last icon on the the menu options which appear on the right).

I'm still trying to figure out how to reset that wacky count though.
    Last edited by robkd; 02-11-13 at 08:09 AM. Reason: grammar/cleanup
    02-11-13 08:06 AM
    I'm pretty sure you'll have to wait for an update. It seems to be a bug that a small number of people are experiencing. I haven't seen this myself, but if I had, I would probably try to delete accounts and ready them to see if that would help, and maybe wipe the phone. If the issue returns after doing those, then it is a bug related to your specific setup as the majority of people have not experienced this issue. I suggest contacting BlackBerry to let them know about the issue.
    02-11-13 08:13 AM
    An update. I went ahead and deleted an account and re-added it (for an entirely different reason related to pulling in its calendar information), and apparently that happened to be the account causing the wrong message count. So just by removing and re-adding the email account, my message counts have now been corrected.

For anyone experiencing this, just go through your accounts one by one and try re-adding them.
    02-11-13 09:30 AM
    An update. I went ahead and deleted an account and re-added it (for an entirely different reason related to pulling in its calendar information), and apparently that happened to be the account causing the wrong message count. So just by removing and re-adding the email account, my message counts have now been corrected.

For anyone experiencing this, just go through your accounts one by one and try re-adding them.
    Thanks for the update. I hate it when I look up an issue with my computer, for example, and find a post on a forum where someone had the same issue a year ago and didn't update. The worst is when they say "ok, guys. I figured it out..." !!!

I've never had this issue, but thanks on behalf of those that do!
    robkd likes this.
    02-11-13 10:13 AM
    Later this evening, I was changing some settings on my accounts and noticed my Hub message count once again showed an unread message when I know I didn't have any. Rather than delete my account(s) like I did the first time, I used Kevin's trick this evening on restarting the Hub. That did the trick and reset the count. Much easier.

How to restart the BlackBerry 10 Hub easily using this awesome five swipe gesture! | CrackBerry.com
    02-11-13 08:56 PM
    check the hub settings go to email accounts check the email you want edit, go to advanced settings if you have sync all folders it may sync the junk mail folder or another folder you have there with unread messeges and cause the message counter to show but the messages may not show im not sure why the message dosn't come up maybe it's an old message and you can only pull messages from the past 7 days, that was my problem and the counter dissapeared like that.
    02-12-13 02:52 PM
    check the hub settings go to email accounts check the email you want edit, go to advanced settings if you have sync all folders it may sync the junk mail folder or another folder you have there with unread messeges and cause the message counter to show but the messages may not show im not sure why the message dosn't come up maybe it's an old message and you can only pull messages from the past 7 days, that was my problem and the counter dissapeared like that.
    Great advice!
    02-12-13 03:03 PM