Greetings from Denmark,

It�s been a couple of years since I�ve had a Blackberry (Blackberry Bold 9000), however with the introduction of the Blackberry Z10, I just had to get myself one. And it�s an amazing phone, - the Blackberry OS 10 is just really great, fluent and effective! And with Blackberry Link for Mac, it�s a no-brainer!

However, since I have installed the leaked OS 10.1.0.4651 for my Blackberry Z10 STL100-1, people calling me can�t hear me when I answer the phone. And vice versa. I�ve tried to Google it but can�t seem to find a reasonable answer to my problem.

I have restarted, done several battery pulls, but nothing seems to work.

So my question is, do I have to install an official released OS/downgrade the OS? Or is there a workaround that I�m missing?

Thanks in advance and it�s great to be on the Blackberry wagon again.
    07-29-13 09:42 AM
    Yes I would say at this point try installing another OS. There is a later leak floating around out there, PLUS you might be able to update to the official 10.1 MR release in your Country. I'm not sure if it's it Europe yet, but it soon will. Just thank GOD you are not in the US and/or on my carrier, which is always THE last to get the updates. That being said yes another OS should fix you up.
    07-30-13 08:23 AM
    I'm having the exact same problem, seems to have started when I downloaded the MR update. The only way someone can hear me is on speaker mode or bluetooth.. the bottom mic is pretty much disabled. Voice notes don't work either, they use the same mic.

I've installed an upgraded leak, I've downgraded to an old version, I've reinstalled the MR.. I've security wiped the phone... NOTHING. I've read online that sometimes it's a bad connector and you squeeze the phone and the mic works temporarily. I've squeezed the CRAP out of the phone, the mic never kicked in, not even for a second.

I'm at a complete loss here, and this is terrible timing. Has anyone been able to solve this?
    08-05-13 05:00 PM
    So, I�ve finally solved my problem.

And you are not going to like my solution.

After reading loads of threads from the www., and trying to install different versions on BB OS 10 and pressing the area around the mic etc., I just went ahead and got myself a new Z10.

Now running BB OS 10.2.0.1047 on a Blackberry Z10 STL100-2 and everything is running smoothly.

Must have been a hardware malfunction on the other device.

Hope you solve your problem with the mic and you don�t have to get yourself a new Blackberry.
    08-14-13 03:38 AM