bbm will catch on, simply because it is better than all these things, and it keeps improving. They are adding channels now, and opening up to other platforms, maybe next a desktop version of bbm, and bbm for ipads. Who is going to want to use whatsapp when they can have bbm for free, still have to pay for whatsapp and its not as good. Soon they will enable bbm voice and video calls for the other platforms too, but I suspect they will always keep the blackberry version a couple steps ahead to inspire envy

Posted via CB10
    amjass12 likes this.
    05-14-13 08:34 PM
    I don't know that I'd go that far but it is about time!

Now I can keep my bb and it doesn't matter what my family and friends use. I know there are other cross platform apps but BBM is better.
    05-14-13 08:40 PM
    bbm will catch on, simply because it is better than all these things, and it keeps improving. They are adding channels now, and opening up to other platforms, maybe next a desktop version of bbm, and bbm for ipads. Who is going to want to use whatsapp when they can have bbm for free, still have to pay for whatsapp and its not as good. Soon they will enable bbm voice and video calls for the other platforms too, but I suspect they will always keep the blackberry version a couple steps ahead to inspire envy

Posted via CB10
    Even if the assumption that it is gonna be better, holds they will still need to go desktop/laptop also, to compete fully with Skype.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-14-13 08:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    +1 ..

Although I don't know about the last sentence...

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 04:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    I kind of agree with what your saying but.....

I'm sure there will be a catch on the whole BBM cross platform situation..

I doubt that a lot of people are bothered about what whatsapp charges..I payed �0.69p for a year.
    05-15-13 05:05 AM
    Agreed

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 05:11 AM
    WhatsApp is terrible and only a tiny improvement over SMS. It will become obsolete, but Skype will continue.

Posted via CB10 via BlackBerry Z10
    05-15-13 05:14 AM
    BBM over WhatsApp everyday, but it's the only way to keep communicating with people on other platforms who don't use Kik (For now )
    I still think BB is up to something, cause I don't think they would just release full BBM like we have it now..
    05-15-13 05:35 AM