Hi All,

I am having a weird issue with 2 of my IMAP accounts where the INBOX stops sync'ing. If I log into my Webmail system, or my desktop email client, I can see the new emails. I never had this issue when I was on OS 10.2, but I did experience it when I tried a Leaked 10.3.1 release. A few months back, I did a reload using BlackBerry Link back to 10.2.x (latest OS version for Rogers at the time) and never saw this issue.

Here's what I tried to troubleshoot (while I was on the leaked 10.3.1 version):
    -Restart the phone; same result
    -Tried switching between WIFI only and Cellular only; same result
    -Re-entered my password in the Edit Account screen; the phone "verified & saved" the info. If I go back in the Edit Account screen, I see a red error stating: "An unexpected problem occurred with Imap Email: myemail at address.com. Some features may not be working correctly."
    -Tried viewing a different folder (i.e. Sent Items); the phone sync'd the emails that were sent from my Webmail / Email Client
    -Tried removing the "mail prefix" I use, then went back to the "Edit Folder Settings". It looks like it refreshed the available folders. I went back in and re-added the "mail prefix", in which it refreshed the folders again, but still not sync'ing of the INBOX. At least on the 1 account I tried this, it got rid of the red "An unexpected problem occurred ...." error.
    -The accounts are setup using the IP for the Server address, I tried changing it to the domain; same result
    -Tried deleting the account, rebooting, and re-setting up the account (found by searching the forums). This resolved the issue, however, it appears the issue returns after 1 or 2 days.
    -Since I run the Mail Server that these accounts are tied to, as well as it being a low-traffic Server, I tried doing a full reboot of the Server, which didn't resolve anything
    -Attempted a Security Wipe, which cleared the issue for a few weeks

Technical details:
    -Running Official OS 10.3.1.2558 / SR 10.3.1.1767
    -IMAP account is using SSL for incoming mail (self-signed cert)
    -BB Z30 is a STA100-5 from Rogers

The only odd thing I have to add, is that I have 3 accounts setup on the BB pointing to the same Server (out of 6 accounts total). Originally 1 account had an issue, but today, it looks like 2 of the 3 accounts stopped working/syncing the INBOX. Short of doing another Security Wipe to gain a few weeks, I'm stumped on this one.

Thanks in advance,

Michael
    03-31-15 05:25 PM
    **BUMP**

Since my last post, I did a Security Wipe and re-setup everything from scratch. It looks like the issue of new mail not arriving re-appeared again as of yesterday, but this time with only 1 account. No error messages.

Does anyone have any suggestions for debugging this, or perhaps a way of resetting/clearing the local mailbox data on the phone to force a re-download of the mailbox?

Thanks in advance,

Michael
    04-15-15 11:34 AM
    The issue has resurfaced again as of yesterday. I see about 135 views of this thread and no replies, so I am not sure if others are experiencing similar issues, or if no one has any suggestions.

The only thing I did out of the ordinary, is I upgraded the OS a few days ago to OS 10.3.1.2582 / SR 10.3.1.1784. At this point, the only solution I have is to keep deleting the account and re-setting it up every 2 to 3 weeks, which is unfortunate, considering I bought this device primarily for email/phone calls.

Regards,

Michael
    04-27-15 11:44 AM
    I have the same issue. Has anyone found way yet to eliminate this?
    10-13-16 03:43 AM
    Not sure if this helps you, but I've eliminated the issue by not logging in my mailboxes from other applications (i.e. Webmail or Thunderbird) while my BB is connected to the Internet.

If I need to access my mailboxes outside of my BB:

1) Enable Flight mode on the BB
    2) Login to the mailbox via Webmail or Thunderbird
    3) Do whatever I couldn't do my BB via those channels
    4) Close Webmail or Thunderbird completely
    5) Disable Flight mode on the BB

The above is a real pain in the butt, but I don't know if this is because my mailboxes are stored in mbox format on the Server or if it's due to some kind of incompatibility with the Imap Server (UW IMAP). I piloted running on an iPhone 3GS running iOS 6.x.x for 2 weeks and couldn't reproduce the issue with the same Server setup...

I have a project to change the OS on the Server in a few months. I certainly won't be keeping the same mail setup for other reasons, so it will be interesting to see if the issue resurfaces with the new mail solution (yet to be determined).
    12-11-16 04:31 PM
    I have 2 MS accounts +one other and the MS accounts get out of sync regularly and I need to reset passwords which works for a little while. it's been that way for a long time.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-16 06:27 PM