I just had a call from Phones4U asking me what I thought of it and was told something interesting.

All the BB10 devices sold at Phones4U are sold unlocked whether they were bought on contract or SIM free.

This makes me very happy as I travel a lot and means that I dont need to carry a second handset around with me.

Just thought that I would let others know.
    02-07-13 06:40 AM
    I bought mine from the carphone warehouse on a 2yr o2 contract and it is also unlocked, according to the security settings. :-)
    bert106 likes this.
    02-07-13 07:48 AM
    All car phone warehouse handsets that I've ever bought are unlocked. If you ever need a replacement handset just buy the cheapest payg offer they have a forget the sim card.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    02-07-13 08:14 AM
    Just checked by using an orange and a tmobile sim, and they both worked. With my first baby on the way I don't think I will be going anywhere anyway, but good to know.
    02-07-13 08:23 AM
    If you bought your phone from Koodo in Canada it seems to be unlocked too. At least mime is

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-07-13 08:30 AM
    interestingly I got my phone on our company account from Orange in the UK and according to the settings both the Network Subset and the Service Provider are set to "unlocked"...first time I think I have had a phone from Orange not locked.
    02-07-13 08:50 AM
    I just had a call from Phones4U asking me what I thought of it and was told something interesting.

All the BB10 devices sold at Phones4U are sold unlocked whether they were bought on contract or SIM free.

This makes me very happy as I travel a lot and means that I dont need to carry a second handset around with me.

Just thought that I would let others know.
    Yeah I had a phone call as well from them yesterday evening. they wanted to see if they could sell me a contract. Told them that I bought the phone sim free and all was good. Really loving this phone. Phones4U were quite relaxed and all cool when I ordered with them. Was a nice experience.
    02-07-13 08:57 AM
    Yeah I had a phone call as well from them yesterday evening. they wanted to see if they could sell me a contract. Told them that I bought the phone sim free and all was good. Really loving this phone. Phones4U were quite relaxed and all cool when I ordered with them. Was a nice experience.
    Wish i could say the same about them myself, have had nothing but an atrocious service from them. On monday i placed an order for a black z10 sim free at �479. Got an email saying they received my order, all well and good but only to get a phone call from my banks fraud dept saying that ive been charged �480 twice when really it should have been only the once. Anyhow rung them up and they said they nothing on their system saying that ive been charged twice so i asked them again to check, which they did and said yes its been charged twice so asked them to refund the other charge, which they said they did.

Anyhow next day i get a call saying that my order has been cancelled so rung them up and they said yes the system cancelled my order so asked them to re-order it but only to be told the price has gone up to �550 now. So told them to cancel and refund the charges back to my account.

So long story short, im now down over �900 because they still havent refunded the 2 charges the stupid muppets. Spoke to my bank, they said there is nothing they can do as its the retailer that needs to cancel the charges. Spent most of this morning trying to get some headway on this only to be told that it will take 7-10 working days for the money to be returned to my account....i swear what a bunch of inept ****ing morons phones 4 u are. Told them that ill be making a complaint and if my bank charges me for bounced direct debits then ill be wanting compensation for my charges, highly unlikely but worth a try. Im hoping these idiots put the money back into my account by tommorrow or ill be raging even more. Ive checked my bank account, the 2 charges havent come up on my account statement neither has the money left my account, seems like the money is 'frozen' because of the authorisation codes or whatever.

All i can say is that i wont be ordering from these idiots again.
    02-07-13 09:34 AM
    interestingly I got my phone on our company account from Orange in the UK and according to the settings both the Network Subset and the Service Provider are set to "unlocked"...first time I think I have had a phone from Orange not locked.
    I am sorry to disappoint you...
    You will still need to unlock the network to use it with another carrier SIM card...
    Have a look at the picture below: bothe options 'Network Subset and the Service Provider' are unlocked, on the top you see the message about 'phone network lock'
    If you bought your phone from Phones4U-phone-unlock.jpg
    02-07-13 09:45 AM
    I bought mine from the carphone warehouse on a 2yr o2 contract and it is also unlocked, according to the security settings. :-)

Bought mine with Telus (CANADA) and mine is unlocked too (according to security settings as well)
    02-07-13 09:48 AM
    Wish i could say the same about them myself, have had nothing but an atrocious service from them. On monday i placed an order for a black z10 sim free at �479. Got an email saying they received my order, all well and good but only to get a phone call from my banks fraud dept saying that ive been charged �480 twice when really it should have been only the once. Anyhow rung them up and they said they nothing on their system saying that ive been charged twice so i asked them again to check, which they did and said yes its been charged twice so asked them to refund the other charge, which they said they did.

Anyhow next day i get a call saying that my order has been cancelled so rung them up and they said yes the system cancelled my order so asked them to re-order it but only to be told the price has gone up to �550 now. So told them to cancel and refund the charges back to my account.

So long story short, im now down over �900 because they still havent refunded the 2 charges the stupid muppets. Spoke to my bank, they said there is nothing they can do as its the retailer that needs to cancel the charges. Spent most of this morning trying to get some headway on this only to be told that it will take 7-10 working days for the money to be returned to my account....i swear what a bunch of inept ****ing morons phones 4 u are. Told them that ill be making a complaint and if my bank charges me for bounced direct debits then ill be wanting compensation for my charges, highly unlikely but worth a try. Im hoping these idiots put the money back into my account by tommorrow or ill be raging even more. Ive checked my bank account, the 2 charges havent come up on my account statement neither has the money left my account, seems like the money is 'frozen' because of the authorisation codes or whatever.

All i can say is that i wont be ordering from these idiots again.
    Yeah that's quite frustrating mate! Now it depends. Maybe the system made a mistake and they really can't see it. However, first you get your money back and then you can order it from maybe the CPW if they receive new devices. Otherwise try it again with the phones4U people. Maybe it really was a problem with the booking system and nobody could see it. Still sucks of course! Hope you'll get your Z10 soon.

Good luck!
    02-07-13 02:30 PM
    Got mine from Phones 4 U they don't have my details though so I don't expect a call :P but handy to know it is fully unlocked
    02-07-13 03:18 PM
    Yeah that's quite frustrating mate! Now it depends. Maybe the system made a mistake and they really can't see it. However, first you get your money back and then you can order it from maybe the CPW if they receive new devices. Otherwise try it again with the phones4U people. Maybe it really was a problem with the booking system and nobody could see it. Still sucks of course! Hope you'll get your Z10 soon.

Good luck!
    Cheers mates, looks like the issue was resolved last last night as i checked my bank account and the 2 charges from phones 4 u were refunded back to my account so happy days.

I did speak to one of the guys on the phoneline and i asked him as to why the black z10 was much higher than the white one, he said its probably a glitch in the system ie said that if you placed an order for the z10 it would show out of stock and they are hoping by next week the price will be fixed. Dont know if he was talking out of his backside or what but ill be checking next week to see if the price has gone down. As much as i love the phone, theres no way its worth �550, in fact �480 is still too high for the phone but its better than paying over �500 i suppose.

Anyhow the wait for my black z10 still goes on, could pick one up on tmobile by upgrading my contract but at the moment im paying �21 a mth on a 12mth sim only plan which gives me everything unlimited and looking at the contract prices for the z10. Id have to pay �41 a month over 24mths to get unlimited everything then be charged a further �30 on top lol. 4G EE is worse though with their contract prices, unbelievably expensive to be quite honest.

The worst thing is that phones 4 u keep ringing me asking if i want to get the z10 on contract, when ive made it quite clear to them that one im not interested in getting it on a contract and secondly to stop bothering me with these calls. So far today i havent received a call from them, hopefully they have got the message.
    02-08-13 07:32 AM