An old and timeless saying, "..if it ain't broke, don't fix it..".

My phone works just fine. I'm satisfied and I can't think of another thing I'd like for it to do, and as a matter of fact, I believe it's still performing better than any other I've ever had. It's not broke!

So what if the frequent update mentality equates to a better phone/operating system, and, so I've read, the lack of equates to abandonment? But my phone works just fine!

I'm finding that life is still filled with 60 second minutes and 24 hour days. And my phone is not broken!

All of this chatter about the lack of fb, whatsapp, etc. support, and I'm thinking what's the problem if my BB10 runs Android apps, if I so choose. What's the fuss when it works just fine!

Here's the real kicker: if you want to "jump ship" because you're not getting enough updates, you don't need to justify your choice or desire, the line forms to the left! But please stop the immature and fictional expressions of problems that don't equate to a broken OS, because it works just fine.

If BlackBerry chooses not to cater to this segment of the commercial population, I'm with them. Let's get back to work and stop all of the complaining about what BB10 won't do, because you can make an argument about any phone or OS, and when all is said and done, my phone is working just fine!

Posted via CB10
    08-26-16 01:40 PM
    True... BUT, market research spends millions of hours on money to make us "believe" that our phones are "broken / substandard". So, as long as you have the market driving products and punters willing to buy, then your concept will be blown out the water. :-(

Mind you, I 100% understand and share your sentiments OP, it was a nice read and made me realise that I'm not the only one out there thinking the same!

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    gruv4u likes this.
    08-26-16 04:05 PM
    OP - cheers. Agreed. The more I use bb10 the more I understand and respect what it is designed to do.

Posted via CB10
    gruv4u likes this.
    08-26-16 08:07 PM
    Yep I agree! To much emphasis on apps. My phone works perfectly for calls, email, text, BBM and Internet.

I don't need a bunch of apps that I can use the web for, although it would be nice if we had more but not a necessity.

There's times when I wished BlackBerry had the support of app developers to please those who really want them and help in making BlackBerry OS10 a hit with everyone, but the fluidly and ease of this OS is unmatched in my opinion. The main reason I won't switch.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 /STL100-3/ 0S10.3.2.2474
    08-26-16 08:38 PM
    I agree apps aren't as important as people think but some things are broken on bb10. Namely the browser which is how you get around needing apps. If that was working I'd agree with you

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    08-26-16 08:45 PM
    Well said.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-26-16 08:47 PM
    Same can be said to you, to many of us BB10 doesn't work anymore, what gives you the right to define other's expression as fictional and immature? If it works for you then great, please don't pass yourself around as a saint and despise the people who just want Facebook, working bank apps, and games.
    Jforssblad likes this.
    08-26-16 09:48 PM
    "if it ain't broke don't fix it" yeah if that were the case sure.

Tell that to the hundreds if not thousands of people that can barely use their phone to answer and end calls due to a volume bug, or those same people that have to mash their volume buttons for 5 minutes to increase volume by 2 bars.

Sometimes my music player simply tells me my songs are there but unplayable, which is magically fixed by a restart.

When paying for a flag ship device, you at least would expect working phone calls and a music player to actually do is one job. Not only that, you shouldnt buy a BB10 OS saying oh but android fixes its problems, that's like saying you bought a windows pc to solely emulate Linux. Why not just use Linux...

On the update side, not only were we given these problems which only began in 10.3+ but now we are stuck with them as we can't fall back to 10.2.

Android side of things, the android player can barely run the things it does, if it even can, so every one preaching android fixes your problems is like applying a band-aid to your missing arm and I don't see the point in using another os just to use the very os you refuse to switch to, to get anything done on your device.

I jumped ship not because of apps, but because my z10 and z30 are both currently PoS devices that can barely handle their actual purpose of making a call with out hassles.

Now you can all defend bb as much as you want, but don't say it ain't broke if it is (granted not for everyone but it's still an issue) .

Don't get me wrong, I loved the phones and os from launch till the end of 10.2, then the OS became and unreliable and unstable mess, I dare say even more so than a cheap android phone.

Black berry ditched the OS, it failed to gain momentum and that's it end of story. Their dev couldn't give a rats *** about their latest updates and 10.3 's stability even with 10.3.2 shows it.

Tell me, if they can't get a phone app to work and have so many bugs in so many of their apps, how secure do you think your device REALLY is.

Blackberry is as secure as they say it is, just as Facebook is as secure as they say it is...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-26-16 09:55 PM
    That saying would apply to BB10 only if your needs are basic (calls/sms/emails).

*A3-A20
    08-26-16 11:04 PM
    Absolutely agree with Calvin, the OP.

Marketers are doing that we are expecting more and more updates, everyday or a week, I believe just because it's the way to force us always to buy the new phones, and the next year next phone, next phone, next phone......... Alleluia.

If man is thinking with his own head, I am sure that noone can't force him on nothing. 👍
    08-27-16 01:20 AM
    That saying would apply to BB10 only if your needs are basic (calls/sms/emails).

*A3-A20
    The needs my seem basic, but their impact can be quiet effective.

I use my BB10 for work and it's a GREAT tool. As said before, I tried others but the fluidity of BB10 makes it top the rest!

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    08-27-16 03:38 AM
    Good for you.
    08-27-16 04:47 AM
    OP echoed my very same thoughts.....until I got a iPhone SE. It took about a week before I stopped scoffing at apps to finding them brilliant and now can't not have them.
    08-28-16 07:09 AM
    Well said OP. Finally, I am happy to see that there are some unsung BB10 die-hards, just like you and me. :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 08:27 AM
    BlackBerry 10 FTW !!
    08-28-16 08:29 AM
    Its a little broken when it comes to running android apps. As time progresses it will be even more broken as they will stop supporting apps on the specific android runtime version that BB10 uses..

However if you're content with your device and everything is running fine for you, then by all means keep using it, until its completely broken . Personally, I think the BB10 PKB devices are fantastic.
    08-28-16 08:41 AM
    Great post. I completely agree. BB10 is working just fine. Sure there won't be any more updates but I'm happy with what it can do. People like to whine and say we are stuck on android 4.3 and it's true, but the vast majority of Android apps work just fine. I'm sure I'll move to the next android BlackBerry with a keyboard but it's no rush.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 09:39 AM
    I'm a busy person. That being said, social media apps server some purpose for me. However, they can be somewhat of a distraction. I watch people mismanage there time with social media and games quite frequently.
    My BlackBerry stays on silent. The only time my phone makes a sound is when I receive a call. My hub and calendar are the most important aspects of my BlackBerry. They work for me.
    I'm not knocking other people for the way they use the BlackBerry. I understand that some people like the BB10 OS and would like the additions to the ecosystem. It would be nice for those that want it. And those of us that don't can opt not to install those apps. It would have made the system more marketable.
    However, for me... it ain't broke.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 10:46 AM
    An old and timeless saying, "..if it ain't broke, don't fix it..".

My phone works just fine. I'm satisfied and I can't think of another thing I'd like for it to do, and as a matter of fact, I believe it's still performing better than any other I've ever had. It's not broke!

So what if the frequent update mentality equates to a better phone/operating system, and, so I've read, the lack of equates to abandonment? But my phone works just fine!

I'm finding that life is still filled with 60 second minutes and 24 hour days. And my phone is not broken!

All of this chatter about the lack of fb, whatsapp, etc. support, and I'm thinking what's the problem if my BB10 runs Android apps, if I so choose. What's the fuss when it works just fine!

Here's the real kicker: if you want to "jump ship" because you're not getting enough updates, you don't need to justify your choice or desire, the line forms to the left! But please stop the immature and fictional expressions of problems that don't equate to a broken OS, because it works just fine.

If BlackBerry chooses not to cater to this segment of the commercial population, I'm with them. Let's get back to work and stop all of the complaining about what BB10 won't do, because you can make an argument about any phone or OS, and when all is said and done, my phone is working just fine!

Posted via CB10
    Well said couldn't agree more! Thank you!
    08-28-16 10:51 AM

*A3-A20
    It seems the general feeling is BB10 is still living if your use case means you could replace your phone with a 8700 and nothing would change.
    08-28-16 11:41 AM