First of all let me state that I am not asking for trolls and I am not trying to be a troll. I want a civil discussion on if RIM was to delay OS10 for 2 months more or longer would you remain with Blackberry or would you move to another platform? To be honest I'd still stay with Blackberry. I've already made my decision that in October I will either go BB10 or I will pick up a 9900 but I'm curious of what others think.
    04-06-12 08:57 PM
    Staying BlackBerry. Have yet to upgrade to an OS7 device but will soon.

Will upgrade for BB10 after its been out a while.
    04-06-12 09:03 PM
    I have thought about if I should wait OS10 out a month or two to give the Crackberry Community time to stress test it or I could be one of the testers, I'm not sure yet.

As a side question, Chrisy what convinced you to switch back to Blackberry? I believe you at one time had the Thunderbolt. It's a nice device.
    04-06-12 09:07 PM
    I'm waiting for feedback from CrackBerry as well. They do a fantastic job of finding bugs. Then when the glitches are fix, I'll grab a BB10. I also like to wait for price to drop.

I liked my Thunderbolt a lot. The apps and widgets were great to have. Amazing screen, good email and google services integration.

There were some cons, though, that I couldn't put up with.

The screen couldn't be seen easily, sometimes at all, in sunlight.

The battery drained really quickly. This led me to get an extended batter, therefore:

The device was way too big and heavy. I found I left it in the car most time.

Being so big, it took two hands and concentration to send even quick messages. The keyboard was great though.

Did not like predictive text at all. Much prefer BlackBerry spell check and auto text.

The apps and app store made me REALLY nervous. To the point that I didn't want to add my password to the device using an app.

I missed the LED, bedside mode, profiles with quick change, app switcher.

The LED on it was so small and hidden behind the speaker grill.
    Love BlackBerry custom color, bright LED!

I decided to switch back to BlackBerry when I enrolled in college (first time). I needed an efficient device with good battery, pocket able and stable email.

Not to say I'll never try Android again. But, since starting school I got a Dell laptop and a PlayBook. I don't need a phone to mimic a computer anymore.

I need a device to keep in touch only. I don't want to play on my phone. I want to message and put it away. I also use it for travel, schedules and organization.

My needs changed. I appreciate the BBOS aot more now.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 04-06-12 at 09:23 PM.
    pcguy514, llllBULLSEYE and kbz1960 like this.
    04-06-12 09:19 PM
    Alright Great Points Thanks Chrisy
    04-06-12 09:21 PM
    I cannot switch to a different device. Yes I am somewhat bias but BlackBerry is best for me. My wife had the Samsung Galaxy S and I upgraded my Bold 9700 to the 9900 and she took my 9700 over her Android which hardware wise is superior. She just couldn't stand the messaging and Android lagged and just wasn't what she wanted.
    I wouldn't leave BlackBerry despite all the bad news and delays we have faced, I just wouldn't be happy with iOS or Android or WP7. I am going to use my wife's upgrade to get a BB10 phone......she is going to take my current 9900. She is so great to do that for me.
    BlackBerry delays have to stop and personally I believe they have. Thorsten is great, he speaks in a very reassuring way,very trustworthy. I don't have any reason not to believe him when he says BB10 is on track and will be out on time. If it delays then I can see there being some problems,people will not wait forever. Personally i am super happy with my 9900 and waiting isn't a huge problem......however I cannot contain my excitement for the upcoming platform and hardware, I have high hopes. My PlayBook is great, my 9900 is amazing and BB10 will be another win in my books. I Love BlackBerry.
    04-06-12 09:24 PM
    Ill be staying with bb no matter what for a while. I purchased a 9930 back in November and the release of bb10 will not affect me in any way. I plan on waiting for bb10 to mature a bit before I delve into that boat. In the meantime ill be enjoying my 9930 until it dies

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-06-12 09:29 PM
    I'm waiting for feedback from CrackBerry as well. They do a fantastic job of finding bugs. Then when the glitches are fix, I'll grab a BB10. I also like to wait for price to drop.
    Chrisy, 6 months ago, I would have agreed with you. This site used to be great. But lately it has been completely taken over by the trolls. Admins seem to really not even care anymore. Look at any sub forum, every other thread is a trolling thread. This site has lost all integerity IMO. Staff / Mod need to take their site back *shrugs*

Anyway, to the question at hand..... If it were delayed much past October, well I don't know. As much as I've been looking forward to BB10, I'm tired of waiting, and just might look at a Win 8 phone if they review well.
    04-06-12 11:42 PM
    It's gonna be an interesting time...iphone 5, galaxy s3..some pretty stiff competition! Two major reasons i stay with bb are BIS(data compression) and the keyboard..if those things change i guess i see an s3 in my future
    04-07-12 12:14 AM
    I think they have time. To me in seems like its moreso the non-bbs users that complain the most that it has to come out soon. BB7 is on par with anything out there. The average consumer has no idea what BB10 is and I believe its in RIMs best interest to take its time with it. Theres seems to be a complaint that all the other companies are innovating and leaving RIM behind but to me thats a joke. HTC just released a phone that pretty much looks like everything else on the market. To me RIMs the only company that has been doing anything innovative with their platform.

I'd hope with taking their time with it the media negativity would die down but they don't seem to want to stop releasing absurdly biased negative articles about RIM that continue to drag on about the same old complaints like they haven't already been mentioned before.

In the end I don't even think they need anything that groudbreaking, just something thats solid and different than whats already out there.
    04-07-12 01:29 AM
    I upgraded to the 9810 to make the wait much easier.

I could wait a couple of extra months and RIM would need to keep us salivating with info and pictures of the 'soon to be released' device

Also some great new features for the playbook would go a long way towards maintaining interest
    04-07-12 12:10 PM
    I will be staying with BlackBerry. I don't qualify for an upgrade until next Fall, so if it was delayed, though I won't be getting the 1st BB10s, I would still be disappointed, as I am very curious to see them in action. But would never think of switching over to anything but BlackBerry.
    04-07-12 12:24 PM
    I've waited this long...2 more months is nothing, especially if this is suppose to be the make or break OS/round of devices for RIM.
    04-07-12 12:24 PM
    I'll still buy other devices but I'm definitely waiting for a BB10 device. Whenever it comes it comes. I have no problem buying Android devices or an iPhone while I wait. However, I will not buy a bb7 or any other BB device in the meantime. To me, they are not as good as what the competition offers.
    04-07-12 12:27 PM
    I've got 7 weeks to go for my upgrade date but it will be a 9900. I'm not waiting for BB10, like others have said, I will wait until BB10 proves itself before I get one.

Don't think I could afford the asking price anyway because they are bound to be expensive when they first hit market.

Sent from my old faithful BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-07-12 01:28 PM
    I want to try bb10 on my playbook first before I get a bb10 phone. I kind of like what Microsoft is doing with there windows phone 7, was thinking maybe the lumia 900 but I have to try bb10 out first before I make a decision.
    04-07-12 02:01 PM
    Chrisy, 6 months ago, I would have agreed with you. This site used to be great. But lately it has been completely taken over by the trolls. Admins seem to really not even care anymore. Look at any sub forum, every other thread is a trolling thread. This site has lost all integerity IMO. Staff / Mod need to take their site back *shrugs*

Anyway, to the question at hand..... If it were delayed much past October, well I don't know. As much as I've been looking forward to BB10, I'm tired of waiting, and just might look at a Win 8 phone if they review well.
    The way I see it is most Mods have moved on to other Devices. Yes they still have their BB devices, but use the other OS more now and in the process have lost some love or should I say passion for BlackBerry.
    04-07-12 02:04 PM
    The way I see it is most Mods have moved on to other Devices. Yes they still have their BB devices, but use the other OS more now and in the process have lost some love or should I say passion for BlackBerry.
    I don't see it like that. Howarmat became a mod well after, I don't know if he was ever a big BB fan but he is big into android and they made him a mod. Other mods seem to be big BB supporters like John Yester and PKcable. But I'm sure there is a lot that goes on that we don't see. I'm just basing what I said on posts I've seen.
    04-08-12 09:44 PM
    If it means they bring on bb10 smoothly with no glitches then I have no problem waiting 2 months at all

Sent from the absolute coolest BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-08-12 10:13 PM
    I think a theoretical 2 month delay of BB10 would be perfectly acceptable, so long as it came out working well when it did.

Let's keep the thread on topic. Site discussion is inapropriate anywhere on the forum. Have some input, email support.

Sent via my Montana as always
    04-08-12 10:46 PM
    The two month thing seems to be just be an arbitrary number.

My contract is up in December, so it wouldn't matter to me. Even if it came out on time, that still gives me some time to hear of whatever issues there may be.

My worry is that my carrier, AT&T, might try to delay selling any BB10 device 4 to 6 months no matter what. All because they will want to give the possible iPhone 5 as much room as possible to sell a bizillion units first.
    04-08-12 10:53 PM
    Would stay with my Blackberry, cuz the main reason is for BBM not the apps
    04-08-12 10:54 PM
    Staying BlackBerry. Have yet to upgrade to an OS7 device but will soon.

Will upgrade for BB10 after its been out a while.
    Will you hurry up and buy an OS 7 device? I told you in another thread that I was waiting on you to buy the 9900/9930 first. lol. I'm sitting on 2 upgrades and getting antsy.
    Last edited by sallenthornton; 04-09-12 at 09:00 PM.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-08-12 10:55 PM
    The two month thing seems to be just be an arbitrary number.

My contract is up in December, so it wouldn't matter to me. Even if it came out on time, that still gives me some time to hear of whatever issues there may be.

My worry is that my carrier, AT&T, might try to delay selling any BB10 device 4 to 6 months no matter what. All because they will want to give the possible iPhone 5 as much room as possible to sell a bizillion units first.
    I don't see where a new iPhone would cause AT&T to delay BB10 past December if it is indeed available in December. iPhones typically are released between June through October.
    04-08-12 11:06 PM
    i Couldn't really wait any longer with A CRAZY Nokia in my Hand, i needed a phone, i LOVE my 9900 and i can't imagine me having a OS6 Device... just some More juice and a good Camera, i would stick with it for a long time !

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-08-12 11:55 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD