We all know that RIM isn't a big player in North America but it is outside of the area. In many countries where RIM is big the service is unreliable and no were close to LTE. The US carriers seem to always pick up Blackberry phones late anyways so it seems like a no brainier to me.

Put a 4G chip in the phone, sell it around the world in place like indonesia, britian and then when the LTE chip becomes available start putting those in and them selling them to the US and the world. RIM is not going to keep making money off of BB7 and they cant afford to lose the media attention to the Iphone 5 which is expected to drop around the same time.

Seems like a no brainer to me, unless its true that BB10 isn't working and the LTE chip is a ruse.
    12-30-11 04:07 PM
    We all know that RIM isn't a big player in North America but it is outside of the area. In many countries where RIM is big the service is unreliable and no were close to LTE. The US carriers seem to always pick up Blackberry phones late anyways so it seems like a no brainier to me.

Put a 4G chip in the phone, sell it around the world in place like indonesia, britian and then when the LTE chip becomes available start putting those in and them selling them to the US and the world. RIM is not going to keep making money off of BB7 and they cant afford to lose the media attention to the Iphone 5 which is expected to drop around the same time.

Seems like a no brainer to me, unless its true that BB10 isn't working and the LTE chip is a ruse.

The First BB10 Phone needs to be launched in the USA for the USA market, with USA relevant technologies, as the First BB10 phone no matter where it is launched will be reviewed by US reviewers and it will be compared to US devices at the time of launch,

from a technical standpoint launching BB10 with a 3G radio around the world first would be the way to go, but BBOS7 sells in those markets still, and they need to BRAND BB10 as cool and hip for investors who are in N/A, and for N/A consumers, so for BB10 launch they would kill marketing efforts if they launched elsewhere first.
    12-30-11 04:12 PM
    Good idea, but bad move for people who living in N America. Its like the new ipad may have a bigger battery pack and a 8mp camera and LTE and the playbook is sadly outdated at the moment. But im praying every night that Blackberry makes a come back,cause it sucks hearing everyone around you telling you to come to iOS.

Im addicted to blackberry. Long live the BB brand.
    12-30-11 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD