I have a z10, and like everyone else, am itching to get my hands on the official release of OS 10.1 and all the goodies it brings with it (skype included!).

was just wondering if people with the Q10 have an idea of whether the android runtime has been updated in OS10.1?? I haven't seen any discussion relating to the same. I think it was a great decision by Thorsten and Co. to include this from the outset and so deep in the platform - cos at least has given the OS a fighting chance in terms of app selection - a lot of the big name apps that i use are android ports, and it's enough to keep me happy until (hopefully) native BB10 replacements come about...
    05-06-13 06:40 AM
    Unsure, but the short time I had the 10.1 leak on my Z10, all my Android apps definitely ran smoother and quicker.

Posted via CB10
    bowsandarrows likes this.
    05-06-13 06:49 AM
    did it fix/improve any of the rendering issues with text and scaling of UI elements? Text and buttons etc in all the android apps seem smaller than necessary to me on the z10 screen - obviously cos they're not optimised to the particular resolution/physical size of the z10's screen..
    05-06-13 07:02 AM
    That, I cannot recall. I reinstalled back to official 10.0 after the leak gave me my first random reboot. The apps looked identical to me, so I am guessing that part hasn't changed.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 07:09 AM
    The best place to get that level of detail is the developer site. The supported features page currently specifies the supported OS level as 2.3.3. The roadmap page does not specify when an update will be available but the current target OS level is 4.1.
    05-06-13 08:10 AM
    From my knowledge the *big* changes such as this, will be further shown on May 25th at BlackBerry Live for the reveal of 10.2. And No 4.1 Dalvik has not been ported on BB OS 10.1.

Edit: A simple way this can be seen is by the User Interface of Android applications (Like the cursor), the theme of Jellybean is black/blue compared to the orange/grey theme of Gingerbread.
    05-06-13 08:17 AM
    thanks for the info, chaps! i know you can tell it's GB by looking at it (i had a GB phone that was upgraded to ICS). but i haven't gotten the opportunity to test 10.1 yet as i'm not willing to put anything but a final release on my z10 right now...

and is 10.2 definitely going to be revealed on May 25? wonder when that's coming to the z10. can't believe 10.1 isn't on our z10s yet. how come?
    05-06-13 09:38 AM