Hopefully someone who's been using/testing BB10 can answer this. Will BB10 support ical/.ics calendar links natively? Since Google Sync stopped working, I cannot get my work schedule (which is a secondary calendar in google) on my blackberry. I'd rather get rid of gmail/google calendar completely and just add the .ics link directly into my (new) blackberry. Will this be possible? I found a "workaround" to import the .ics file, but of course it won't update/sync automatically. Hence, I need native support. Anyone know for sure? Thanks for any input.
    Herve5 likes this.
    01-08-13 09:14 AM
    OH there is a screenshot that was posted yesterday showing these....let me find it.

Here you go: check out this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...o-pics-761290/
    Herve5 likes this.
    01-08-13 11:32 AM
    OH there is a screenshot that was posted yesterday showing these....let me find it.

Here you go: check out this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...o-pics-761290/
    Thank you for the info. I saw this screenshot too, but I don't know if it helps. If I'm understanding it correctly (and I certainly don't know a lot about this), CalDAV support is not the same as subscribing to a .ics link. I may be able to get it to work by using my Rogers (yahoo) account and adding the .ics link that way. Then I can (hopefully) sync to my Rogers account. However, for people without a yahoo account, or google account, there still isn't support. I would prefer to subscribe directly to the .ics link in my blackberry calendar, but it doesn't seem like this will be an option. This would be very frustrating as Android and iOS support this. I was really hoping that blackberry would FINALLY support ical. I think .ics links require ical support, not just CalDAV. Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong. I hope I am....
    01-08-13 12:44 PM
    @npisano,

I'm in the same boat as you, my company doesn't require two way sync of calendar events. So we simply have a centralized online calender (powered by php/mysql) and a publishable url that generates ical feeds. Right now the only way this works for us is to configure it to Outlook then sync Outlook to our BlackBerry devices. I can only hope this changes where we can sync directly from the web to our phones.
    01-08-13 01:13 PM
    I would suspect it would be similar to the playbook calendar. The playbook can add multiple calendars from google or yahoo or some sort of account that you can subscribe to with a username and password.

The playbook does not look like you can add the .ics feed at all.

I use google for multiple native calendars that are shared amongst users as well as multiple subscribed calendars. These used to push over to my bb when the google sync program was working but since Dec 13th it has been shut off by google.

If there is no solution for this with the BB10 then I will need to switch to android.
    01-14-13 01:02 PM
    If you need to add a static .ics calendar, here is a great way to download the .ics file and update it, then email your bb and it will add the entire calendar to your BB.
    see this thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/native-...around-237230/
    Herve5 likes this.
    01-14-13 03:13 PM
    If you need to add a static .ics calendar, here is a great way to download the .ics file and update it, then email your bb and it will add the entire calendar to your BB.
    see this thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/native-...around-237230/
    Thanks for the info. I've tried this method but, as you mentioned it's static. My work schedule gets changed on occasion and so I need to sync on a regular basis. I can't believe with all the advancements of BB10 that this has not been considered. I'll wait and see and keep my fingers crossed.
    01-15-13 05:39 AM
    Yes, I don't know why BB, who is supposed to have the best Calendar and Email functions not to have .ics. Does anyone know if the BB10 will have this function?
    Herve5 likes this.
    01-18-13 01:57 PM
    I was able to subscribe to an ical using my hotmail account (now outlook.com) calendar. I sync my z10 to my hotmail calendar and voila! I now have the calendar on my BB. It's a round about way, but its a good fix until it can be done directly on BB10.
    02-26-13 08:55 PM
    Great news. I winder if the same holds true for Google.com calendar function. I like Google because it will wireless sync with both calendar and contacts. Does outlook.com do the same?
    02-26-13 09:44 PM
    Great news. I winder if the same holds true for Google.com calendar function. I like Google because it will wireless sync with both calendar and contacts. Does outlook.com do the same?
    check my post history for this
    there are a few good threads about this that need to be centralized and made into a sticky..

basically:
    google disabled exchanged active sync so 2 way sync is broken for most
    if it works, it breaks itself every so often i have found along with others.
    Some that added it earlier on got lucky it seems (around feb 5, 2013)

outlook.com wirelessly syncs calendar, contacts and email and notes and tasks through exchange active sync (2 way) and so far seems to be the easiest and most successful method of doing so
    02-26-13 10:03 PM
    So does outlook.com do multiple calendar sync the way google used too.

Also must it be a native outlook.com email account or does a hotmail.com do the same?
    02-27-13 05:33 AM
    hotmail.com can be transitioned to outlook.com (appears they will move everyone over anyways eventually)
    and yes outlook.com does mutliple calendar sync like google used to

and if you have STL100-3 device you can install the leaked OS if you want and that fixes the official OS calendar sync issues
    02-27-13 04:35 PM
    Hi,

I have the same problem with an agenda subscription
    I've tried to sync my college schedule to my BB Q10. My agenda is synced with iCloud so I can use one agenda for BB and my Mac. The only problem is that the agenda subscriptions from my iCloud will not sync with my Q10. I have tried the tricks mentioned above, like changing the ics file via texteditor. My agenda doesn't recognise this though.

Has anyone found a solid solution to this problem?
    10-23-13 11:20 AM
    Hi,

I have the same problem with an agenda subscription
    I've tried to sync my college schedule to my BB Q10. My agenda is synced with iCloud so I can use one agenda for BB and my Mac. The only problem is that the agenda subscriptions from my iCloud will not sync with my Q10. I have tried the tricks mentioned above, like changing the ics file via texteditor. My agenda doesn't recognise this though.

Has anyone found a solid solution to this problem?
    I suggest you set up a Gmail or Outlook.com account. Sync the iCal with the gmail/Outlook.com calendar and them sync the gmail/outlook.com with the q10. That should fix it.

Try outlook.com first. Let us know how it works.
    Last edited by Coxwain; 10-23-13 at 03:29 PM.
    10-23-13 12:48 PM