I really do. I love the blackberry 10 OS and I have been so happy with my Z10, the virtual keyboard and prediction are amazing to the point of spoiling my key boarding skills as I don't even need to hit all the correct keys to get what I want to say down fast. All the gestures the OS is centered around are great and so much better than all the buttons of competing OS' and the hub is just great. In fact I am proud to walk around with a Blackberry in my pocket and show people if they comment. However my problem is, come Christmas time I am due for an upgrade to my phone and I am a definite touch screen fan. As cool as the passport and classic look they are not for me. That leaves me in a tough spot, I really want to stay with Blackberry and I believe that they will make a comeback but I can't see them putting out a phone that suits my needs and I am worried about the possibility of moving to android. It is not something I am happy about but I can't see any other option for me. So I am desperately hoping Blackberry releases an all touch flagship device... Come on Blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 06:54 PM
    It's not the newest phone on the market by the z30 is a big step up from the z10 in almost every aspect. I thought this phone was going to be too big for me but I was wrong.
    The speakers, the battery life, overall performance and looks. This phone is really well built.

This week has revealed a lot of what BlackBerry has planned and there is much more to come. Mr. Chen said he is still in the market of making handsets so let's see what the rest of this week has to over from BlackBerry at the MWC event going on right now in Barcelona, Spain. It's the road map for the rest of 2015 and early 2016.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Thorsten Heinsight likes this.
    03-02-15 07:20 PM
    So what if you are do for an upgrade. If you are happy with your current device, keep it. Save your upgrade until you need it.
    I am eligible for a upgrade about every 20 months but my average 'use' span of my devices has been about 4 years so far.

I only upgrade when my devices start having hardware failures.

STL-4. 10.3.1.2267
    BerryRipe likes this.
    03-02-15 10:09 PM
    Z30 is a big step up from the z10 in almost every aspect. I thought this phone was going to be too big for me but I was wrong.
    This.
    I loved my Z10 but after using the Z30 for a month, I cannot imagine being happy using a Z10. The battery life alone is enough of a reason to switch. Even though it's not the newest phone, its specs still stack up fairly well against Android devices and I see no reason for me to upgrade from it anytime soon.
    Alternatively, the BlackBerry Leap was announced recently and is similar in both price and specs to the Z30 if you want another alternative which will (hopefully) be available by Christmas.
    Hope this helps!
    Just Me likes this.
    03-04-15 03:34 PM
    Agreed the Z30 is a good step up from the Z10. Only issue I had with the Z30 was no LTE on AT&T. T-mobile it did fine. The leap may take care of that problem though. I just don't think BlackBerry is ever going to chase the likes of Samsung and Apple again. It was a failed strategy and is not going to be a winning position for them anytime soon. One nice thing about bb10 is you don't need the latest and greatest specs to have a very good phone. I actually may pick up a leap myself when and if they show up in the states. I have an android flagship as well and just can't use it for an everyday phone. It's ok to mess around with but BlackBerry let's me get things done.

Passport on AT&T
    03-04-15 05:01 PM
    Same here. I tried the Passport, returned it. Too big. Tried the Z30. Returned it. Weird silver plastic chin, no LTE for AT&T, no IPS display (it's too dim). Purchased off ebay and using the older 9900 for a few days now. Too slow, lacks LTE, no apps that I need. Thinking of switching back to my iPhone 5s since I don't think it's worth paying price off-contract.

Blackberry needs to use the iPhone 6 as baseline and build all their phones better than that.

Bring those quad cores, 64-bit processing, quality cameras (please!!), upgradable storage, bigger battery, etc.
    03-04-15 05:15 PM
    Agree with the above: if virtual key board is what you want, get a Z30. It is a great piece of kit...destroys my wife's I 5...even she admits it. However, I don't think there's a "danger" of her converting in BlackBerry anytime.

Posted via CB10
    Just Me likes this.
    03-04-15 05:44 PM
    I will share with OP what I ask my computer customers who are looking to upgrade... " what is you device not doing that you need it to?"... if it fits the bill why bother upgrading at all... seems most are caught in the " bleeding edge" mentality.... newer is not always better... new devices have two main draw backs..... learning curve and design bugs... every new device has it's drawbacks.... if the z10 is working for you... buy another or even cheaper... keep what you have till a device comes along that turns you crank... good luck to the OP wherever it lead him....
    ppeters914 likes this.
    03-04-15 05:52 PM
    Fwiw. I have a Z10 and am due for an upgrade in Oct. As things stand now, I'm probably not going to do it. I absolutely love the Z10. The size is perfect. Love the keyboard.

See no reason for upgrade. Will most likely continue with my Z10 until it stops working.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 06:13 PM
    I will share with OP what I ask my computer customers who are looking to upgrade... " what is you device not doing that you need it to?"... if it fits the bill why bother upgrading at all... seems most are caught in the " bleeding edge" mentality.... newer is not always better... new devices have two main draw backs..... learning curve and design bugs... every new device has it's drawbacks.... if the z10 is working for you... buy another or even cheaper... keep what you have till a device comes along that turns you crank... good luck to the OP wherever it lead him....
    What he said....very sensible advice.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 06:13 PM
    I want a second phone. I love my Z10 but I am going to switch it up a little and rotate between my Z10 and a Galaxy S6 Edge when it comes out. Just like how you change your watches or ties or cuff links, etc I wanna have that ability to switch up my personal phone from time to time.
    03-04-15 06:17 PM
    I want a second phone. I love my Z10 but I am going to switch it up a little and rotate between my Z10 and a Galaxy S6 Edge when it comes out. Just like how you change your watches or ties or cuff links, etc I wanna have that ability to switch up my personal phone from time to time.
    You need a device with "Manchester " colours!

Posted via CB10
    bounce007 likes this.
    03-04-15 06:27 PM
    I have a Z10 and am eligible for an upgrade at the end of the month which I will not use because I want the Z50 and I can wait for something that really excites me. My husband has a Z30 and it's a very nice device. For me an iPhone or Android is not an option not the least bit tempted.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 06:36 PM
    It's not the newest phone on the market by the z30 is a big step up from the z10 in almost every aspect. I thought this phone was going to be too big for me but I was wrong.
    The speakers, the battery life, overall performance and looks. This phone is really well built.

This week has revealed a lot of what BlackBerry has planned and there is much more to come. Mr. Chen said he is still in the market of making handsets so let's see what the rest of this week has to over from BlackBerry at the MWC event going on right now in Barcelona, Spain. It's the road map for the rest of 2015 and early 2016.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    I will keep my Z10, until it dies, but then I am not sure what I will do. The Z10 is "almost" too big, for me, but I can handle it. I will not go to anything larger. I don't wear skinny jeans or very tight fitting clothes. However, I don't want to wear cargo pants. So - at my size and style preferences, carrying a phablet is out of the question. At present I wear my phone in a holster, on my belt. If I were a bigger guy, I might be able to get away with the Z30, but as it is, it would make me look ridiculous. I don't want my phone to be the first thing people notice about me. And no! I am not going to carry a man purse.
    03-04-15 06:52 PM
    The 30 does take a few weeks to get used to the difference in size, but as was said above is a fantastic phone, I'm thinking of buying a spare just to have, I don't need the latest gee gaw, or do I need hyper fast bleeding edge processors, this phone works fine and with 10.3.1 is just a fantastic piece of hardware, my girlfriend had an iPhone 4 personally and can't believe how much better the Z30 is that she bought, she still has a 4 s for work and it now drives her insane when she compares how much more efficient the BlackBerry OS is.

Having said that I would keep the 10 if your happy and at worst you have the Leap,and possibly the new slider by year end if you want a newer piece of hardware, as for size the new leap looks quite thin, but won't know until I get it in my hands, if I can't get a 30 and this one dies I wouldn't have a problem with the leap until the next touch model arrives.

Hope that helps

Posted from my Zed30 running 10.3.1.2267
    03-04-15 07:30 PM
    Give the Passport a try. It takes some getting used to but it's awesome. I'll never go back to all touch. I keep seeing post from users who say it's too big but after you get accustomed to the feel you'll love it.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 08:53 PM
    Give the passport a go! I was an all touch fan and upgraded from z10 to the passport, I love it. It's easy to carry in your pocket and it's basically a large touch screen phone with a cool keyboard you soon love and by gosh it's so distinctive and good looking.
    I loved the z10 and thought I would swap between them. It's been off 2 months now!

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    03-05-15 12:48 AM
    You need a device with "Manchester " colours!

Posted via CB10
    Lol. Who are ya!? Who are ya!?
    03-05-15 10:21 AM
    If you love the HW, form factor and nothing is physically wrong with the phone, why do you need a new one? You got a new phone when BB updated to 10.2.1 and now 10.3.1 and the Z10 runs both fine. Unlike Apple that update their os and you can use some functions on older device but not all.

You basically had three new phones since you bought your Z10.
    rthonpm likes this.
    03-05-15 10:33 AM
    OP, why are you worried now about an upgrade that you won't have for another ten months? Who knows by then what devices BlackBerry will have in the works for 2016? It's not as if your upgrade benefit expires.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 07:19 PM
    As far As If Goes.. Am Satisfied With BlackBerry.. And it really Just keeps you tied To it! No Worries So Far To Upgrade..

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 07:35 PM
    I'm going to get that goddamned slider. Love my passport, and I loved my Torch. I don't need it as the passport fulfils my needs but I want it. So i'll buy it. If we are driven by need and not desire, wouldn't that be an awful passionless world? Besides, Mercedes and BMW sell plenty of cars and I would question anyone who says they 'need' a Merc. Bottom line: life is short, be happy. If the next shiny thing on the market brings you joy and you can afford it, you'd be remiss not to.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 O2 UK
    03-06-15 04:13 AM