I think it would be cool if I could dismiss notifications and mark messages as "read" straight from the lock screen.

A lot of times, the message fits in one line and even though I have read everything, I have to unlock the phone and go to the hub just to mark the message I read from the lock screen as read. And it takes longer too because I have a password on my phone.

One gesture for marking as read would be, swiping the preview message sideways to the right.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    w_scott likes this.
    09-03-14 12:35 AM
    Great idea! Would be very useful, I have the same issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 12:36 AM
    It defeats the purpose of having a screen locked, that's like saying you would like to get things out of a car without opening it??????
    habs_fan likes this.
    09-03-14 08:29 AM
    I'd rather be able to scroll through a lot of lock screen notifications. More useful feature to me
    09-03-14 09:18 AM
    It defeats the purpose of having a screen locked, that's like saying you would like to get things out of a car without opening it??????
    There's a catch 22 there for sure. I do get what the OP is saying, but from the other perspective the whole point of a locked phone is that you can't do much.. we're trading off convenience for security. If you could mark as read from the home screen there's potential someone else could mark a message read and you might not notice it or read it.. I've gone as far as changing my lock screen notifications to name only.. I like having messages on the lock screen, it's continent for me.. but the whole point of locking the phone is so others can't see my messages!

If you are looking for that much control from the lock screen perhaps the solution for you is to not lock your phone..

As an aside but related note.. I wish I could independently disable lock screen previews per account without disabling instant previews for said account. There are things that I want to see in instant preview when unlocked that are too sensitive to show on the lock screen.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 09:29 AM