Then I strolled across the while trying to hunt down an fix for a friends issue on their phone.

Sigh

I then noticed, that the video was a year old
    08-26-15 09:59 PM
    Blend is not just an interactive image of the device, but a true workstation client using an enterprise-grade secure connection. You can use your keyboard to punch out messages, along with getting file transfer capabilities and instant desktop message notifications. The connection is not limited to wifi, but will work over mobile as well.

You can also work on the phone at the same time.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-26-15 10:13 PM
    Blend is not just an interactive image of the device, but a true workstation client using an enterprise-grade secure connection. You can use your keyboard to punch out messages, along with getting file transfer capabilities and instant desktop message notifications. The connection is not limited to wifi, but will work over mobile as well.

As someone who's used AirDroid and maybe another client similar to AirDroid, nothing truly comes close to BlackBerry Blend.

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    08-26-15 10:32 PM
    However, because there's a chronic case of "BlackBerry ignorance" amongst the populace at large. Folks may not get the difference or even get the opportunity of the experience.

We are truly a unique group of technology consumers.

Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.1.2708 on AT&T
    08-26-15 10:59 PM
    I'm not saying blend is bad by any means. I'm aware of its functions as well. I utilize blend on the regular.
    The Samsung offering just appears more feature rich. In that being able to utilize all functions of the phone.
    Now if that is a proprietary thing only between samsung devices, I can understand that. And, I'm unaware if it is.
    The phone call example, you would think BlackBerry would also incorporate that into blend, by use of granting a permission from the the PC/Laptops Webcam and or microphone.
    Now I understand, that it would be harder to do that with each and every different manufacturer and maybe something that is in the works, but that alone is awesome feature.

Via Passport via CB10
    08-27-15 05:15 AM

Can you receive phone calls with Blend? No.
    Can you receive WhatsApp with Blend? No.
    Can you get any notifications with Blend other than the stock ones? No.

Can you do all this with SidesSync? Yes.

A little objectivity wouldn't hurt.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    08-27-15 05:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm also missing drag and drop for blend. Every time I want to copy eg pictures, it's quite complicated compared to drag and drop.

08-27-15 06:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yea, but at least BlackBerry Blend is free.

Attachment 368529
    08-27-15 06:20 AM
    Samsung,they seem to have a great product,more colors more fun,to bad TAT never came thru for BB,blend looks so boring,lol
    08-27-15 06:37 AM
    I wasn't sure what this post was getting at, at first but I think you were saying that you prefer the phone being mirrored to your device. Here are some reasons why I would prefer Blend over this.

1. Blend works over WiFi, USB, and mobile networks. You can access files remotely without additional set up. (Samsung is advertised as using WiFi direct only.

2. Can use phone calls through Blend? Yes that's true. But you do get the notification if someone is calling you, and what I do is have a headset or bluetooth speaker( that already has a mic) to answer my phone call while the device is charging and I'm studying. So for me this issue really isn't one.

3. I see Blend runs a lot smoother, especially with the last few updates. For me things have to work, I need to be able to carry multiple conversations at a time and this manages it well.

4. Cross platform use. Such as use it on a tablet (IOS and Android) , Windows PC and Macs. And have it available on multiple devices and manage them directly on the phone to keeps your information private.

5. Great for workplace or school that allowed you to use Blend software on their systems. Why because nothing needs to sync. I drag and drop files onto my phone over mobile network. Use emails to communicate with the admin section for tests. And when I leave class I know I have my files. It's just there. And with that being said. Nothing is stored on that device.

7. Use of the HUB, it works like my phone works all communication (that's available through blend) is in the hub on Blend. If you mirror the Samsung you just don't get that. And I'd rather have efficiency while doing class work or real work or when I'm playing games on the PC or whatever, then having to switch through apps on the screen.

8. There's more to Blend, that most of us can't or won't use like their VPN feature. But I would be excited to use it, because setting up VPNs is a mess.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 07:23 AM
    Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 11:43 AM