I'm having trouble finding middle ground between active frames or relying on the hub. The hub is terrible for Facebook, you end up having to open the app in an active frame to have access to it. Messages don't send, limited control in the hub; whatever, I love my BlackBerry so I just use Facebook outside of the hub. Twitter, I rarely use now because I hate having it waste a space in my frames, and the hub it's only good for direct messages and mentions. I don't like having frames open for apps to just eat my battery. Weather and battery app, HAS to be in an active frame, and basically the only things I keep open at all times because I don't want other apps pushing them to the bottom. This makes me start to hate the active frames page, if it weren't there I could see a little star beside my Facebook, email, text, bbm, all of those and make my hub useless. I haven't changed my bbm pic or status since the beginning of February because I don't have bbm as an active frame.

Sorry that may have gotten confusing, but my point being; how do you manage your active frames and hub?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 06:00 PM
    No, you're not using it wrong, you're just a little frustrated with the limit of 4 active frames per page due to their large size.

In terms of battery drain, you can just keep facebook and twitter open as active frames, they don't really waste too much battery when kept open.
    I don't know why you need a battery app to stay open, and as for weather, you can keep that open as well.

I personally tend to close everything when I'm done. Stuff I use a lot like facebook, twitter, weather, I keep the icon on the first page of icons so I can quickly and easily get to it. From time to time I just keep stuff open if I know I'm going to be using it in the next little while. (in your case, that might always be true if you're a socialite)
    BBM is one app you likely don't need to keep as an active frame because it has great integration with The Hub already.

I think BlackBerry needs to bring back their "Social Media" app that puts twitter, facebook and RSS feeds together. It's probably on a roadmap somewhere, they probably just haven't had the time to do it with everything else they are doing right now.
    04-21-13 06:40 PM
    he needs a battery app to quickly see his battery percent and how much time he has left
    04-21-13 06:46 PM
    I only keep certain apps open when i need them - like at work I access bbm groups, password keeper, remember and twitter a lot - so I leave those open. After work I shut them all down. If i want to check twitter later it only takes a second to click on it and have it come up and scroll through the feed.

I can understand someone though who is used to having that instant information when they glance at their screen. I used to always be on the hunt for the perfect theme - one that kept the info most important to me on the on the home screen - like a today theme. Weather doesn't change that fast that I've ever felt a need to have it constantly on, but i know that's another popular one.

Hopefully some of these options will be back when Blackberry releases the API for headless apps.
    04-21-13 06:47 PM
    Yeah the battery is important to me because I hate the little indicator, I like a percent so I can decide if I really need to charge it while I have some down time. I don't know why I find it so inconvenient to swipe to my apps just to click twitter or whatever. I'm so used to swiping to the hub, going the other way to check on things isn't programmed into my brain yet I guess.

I just find I neglect bbm updates and my Twitter because I never open them. Also I find it annoying when my BlackBerry famously shuts off in my pocket and I have to reopen everything in a specific order to have it the way I want. Smaller frames or sticky frames would maybe help because I almost always avoid having 4 hidden ones that I need to scroll down to.

I wasn't exactly sure how much battery was being drained keeping Facebook, Twitter, cb10, bbm, Web browser, weather and battery open would cause. Apparently I'm not using it wrong, I'm just neglecting some of my social media because I want it all shown in the blink of an eye like I did on my bold.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 07:01 PM
    I would rather just see the main screen with icons and not the open app frames. Wish there was an option for default homescreen. I like to see what apps have open notifications when I unlock.
    04-21-13 07:39 PM