Hey all! I have a Z10 that I LOVE as though it were my child! Loool. I recently updated my device to the 10.2.0.424 and I'm LOVING it! I enjoy changing the themes on my BBM, SMS, Calendar and Address Book to dark, I love the lock screen notifications and I also love the instant preview feature(just to name a few). However, I always find myself missing some of the notifications of the older Legacy BlackBerry phones though..and I am writing this threat to ask the nation if they think that we'll ever get back things like notifications along the top bar of the phone like we use to get by the time and battery icons, the exact percentage our battery is at and other classic notifications I always loved and miss today! Feel free to give either you thoughts, opinions and/or other notifications that we still don't have on our BB10s that you're still missing.. I know I can't be the ONLY one..!! :P Hope everyone's day has gone well and that you all have an enjoyable night!

I Really Miss The Legacy Notifications On BlackBerry..-manage-panels.jpg

I couldn't find a pic showing the number percentage of the battery charging but you all should know what I mean.. Holla at me CB World!! #TeamBlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 10:10 PM
    I really like the design of the newer notification count. It's there when you unlock the phone which is the most important then it's hidden later but access able so much easier.

But I do agree with you, about the battery notification. I have an active frame instead now.
    BBM_BlackBerry Moe likes this.
    10-27-13 10:27 PM
    Overall, I like the new notification setup. I was missing the old top bar notifications, but, now I've decided I love the extra screen space as it is... I would like to see color led for different notifications and I think it would be cool if we could double tap a notification icon on the lock screen to directly access the email or app the notification is from...

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 10:55 PM
    I'd like to see the date in the same bar as the time.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 11:00 PM
    Believe me OP, you're not the only one. I noticed a lot of things in your screenshot that I really miss. Those were some of the things that made me a BlackBerry fan in the first place.

Apart from your notification bar, I see that the top row of icons is filled with short cuts to your individual email accounts. It is funny how basically every single screen shot of the home screen on a OS5, 6 or 7 BlackBerry I've ever seen includes at least one individual email account icon in it somewhere. I really miss having my emails separate. Only having the Hub for managing email is downgrade. Even my 7250 handled email better, because with it I had the Hub (aka messages) and individual landing spots for each account. Options are nice to have.

The notification bar is another feature I loved that went bye-bye. It allowed users to quickly and easily distinguish if a incoming message was important or not. If it was, you could quickly be brought to it so it could be dealt with. If it wasn't important? Oh well, it only took one step from the homescreen to find out that it was junk. Fast and easy every single time a notification came in.

With BlackBerry 10, you invest multiple steps just to find out if the new measseage was important or not. A half gesture to peek, which gives no useful information, finish the gesture to be dropped into the hub where you left off at and then you may or may not need to navigate to where you can view the new notification.

It honestly drove me nuts to deal with email on BlackBerry 10 because there isn't a fast way to see what the new message is. I lost count of how many times i had to perform 4 or 5 actions just to find out I had spam on BB10. With Android, iOS and BlackBerry 7 you're never more than one step away from getting all the information you need about a new notification.

It is a shame, but using BB10 made me really appreciate all the little things legacy OS had that I took for granted.
    10-27-13 11:46 PM
    Believe me OP, you're not the only one. I noticed a lot of things in your screenshot that I really miss. Those were some of the things that made me a BlackBerry fan in the first place.

Apart from your notification bar, I see that the top row of icons is filled with short cuts to your individual email accounts. It is funny how basically every single screen shot of the home screen on a OS5, 6 or 7 BlackBerry I've ever seen includes at least one individual email account icon in it somewhere. I really miss having my emails separate. Only having the Hub for managing email is downgrade. Even my 7250 handled email better, because with it I had the Hub (aka messages) and individual landing spots for each account. Options are nice to have.

The notification bar is another feature I loved that went bye-bye. It allowed users to quickly and easily distinguish if a incoming message was important or not. If it was, you could quickly be brought to it so it could be dealt with. If it wasn't important? Oh well, it only took one step from the homescreen to find out that it was junk. Fast and easy every single time a notification came in.

With BlackBerry 10, you invest multiple steps just to find out if the new measseage was important or not. A half gesture to peek, which gives no useful information, finish the gesture to be dropped into the hub where you left off at and then you may or may not need to navigate to where you can view the new notification.

It honestly drove me nuts to deal with email on BlackBerry 10 because there isn't a fast way to see what the new message is. I lost count of how many times i had to perform 4 or 5 actions just to find out I had spam on BB10. With Android, iOS and BlackBerry 7 you're never more than one step away from getting all the information you need about a new notification.

It is a shame, but using BB10 made me really appreciate all the little things legacy OS had that I took for granted.
    Couldn't have said that better my friend! Although with the additions of Instant preview and lock screen notifications it helps a little with emails and other such notifications that we don't need the hub for! And Although I do dislike that there isn't a notification bar up top, I miss the battery percent count a lot more! It was so nice to know that you were still at 34% battery and had a little life left as opposed to guessing and even sometimes charging to soon or too late you know? I do appreciate that the LED light remained the same with how it serve as a warning though!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 12:00 AM
    I too like the older notifications. Especially the profiles (custom)

Trusted Member Genius
    10-28-13 01:19 AM