I was on my old Bold 9900 the other day and miss how email was pushed almost instantly.

Why is it that email push is slower on BlackBerry 10?

I'll send a test email on my Bold 9900 legacy device to my other email accounts and almost as soon as I press send I get those emails in my inboxes.

On my Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247 I'll send a test email from one of my email accounts to my other ones and sometimes I need to wait up to two or three minutes and they don't come all at once like my 9900. They'll come sporadically one account at a time.

Can anyone help me understand why this is?

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    10-23-14 12:01 AM
    I sometimes get my outlook email on my phone before my computer, so speed isn't an issue for me...

Founder and fearless leader of the Peevishlicious Crew - visit peevishlicio.us
    allwi and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    10-23-14 12:16 AM
    Why is it that email push is slower on BlackBerry 10?
    Never noticed any difference really and out of all the devices I have here on my desk, my Passport still gets email before all of them. And as Peev noted, they more times than not come in faster than my desktop apps.
    10-23-14 12:18 AM
    I sometimes get my outlook email on my phone before my computer,
    Not sometimes but always for me - always when I see LED blinking green, I know that I'll receive an email on my computer soon
    10-23-14 12:19 AM
    To my knowledge, the only email service that doesn't have instant plush on BB10 is @yahoo.com and any that use yahoo as their base, ie. @rogers.com. Which email service are you questioning? And do you have it set up in the account settings for push?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 12:21 AM
    Depends on the provider and settings. Gmail and active sync on mine is pretty much instant. Yahoo, who doesn't support push, not so much.
    Interesting replies. Is there something I should do in my settings for my email to come faster?

I'll sometimes get a text from clients saying they emailed me what I had requested and won't get that email for another couple minutes yet if I check my Rogers/yahoo webmail it'll be sitting there. Weird.

Is there something I should do in my settings for my email to come faster?
    From the looks of it.... switch email providers.
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    10-23-14 12:24 AM
    My Shaw email is set though ActiveSync. Super fast.
    10-23-14 12:26 AM
    From the looks of it.... switch email providers.
    Lol

10-23-14 12:29 AM
    Serious question though.....

In email settings what does the sync interval do? I have it at 5 minutes. There's a manual option but even though I select it it won't let me do anything.

So what does the time I select in sync interval do and any suggestions on where to have it set at?

Thx

10-23-14 12:35 AM
    Yahoo is your problem... Surprised people still use it!
    10-23-14 12:49 AM
    Whether you can really use the Push option on a BB10 device depends on your mail server. Generally you need an IMAP server for that and this IMAP server must support the so called IMAP IDLE feature. You can ask your mail provider if this is the case. If your mail server supports IDLE then you can switch the Push option ON and set the update interval to "Manually". The update interval is not related to Push, it causes a polling process, even if Push is on. If the Push option works you will receive your messages normally in under 30s.
    BigBadWulf and drfever like this.
    10-23-14 01:46 AM
    Whether you can really use the Push option on a BB10 device depends on your mail server. Generally you need an IMAP server for that and this IMAP server must support the so called IMAP IDLE feature. You can ask your mail provider if this is the case. If your mail server supports IDLE then you can switch the Push option ON and set the update interval to "Manually". The update interval is not related to Push, it causes a polling process, even if Push is on. If the Push option works you will receive your messages normally in under 30s.
    Thank you

10-23-14 05:50 AM
    Interesting replies. Is there something I should do in my settings for my email to come faster?

I'll sometimes get a text from clients saying they emailed me what I had requested and won't get that email for another couple minutes yet if I check my Rogers/yahoo webmail it'll be sitting there. Weird.

Check your spam server - Corporate mail - or spam filter settings on your web based email provider, see if that is the root cause for delays.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 05:59 AM
    Serious question though.....

In email settings what does the sync interval do? I have it at 5 minutes. There's a manual option but even though I select it it won't let me do anything.

So what does the time I select in sync interval do and any suggestions on where to have it set at?

Thx

Direct answer to Interval question.

You get email #1. That mailbox will continue to get emails if #2,3,4 &5 arrive within the time line and will show up on your BlackBerry immediately. Should email #6,7,8,9 & 10 arrive 20minsafter the first 5, and 20mins form one another (6-10), then there will be some delay (5mins delay to your device after arrival in your mailbox account).

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 06:03 AM
    1st test : Same wifi, same distance, from a laptop to same yahoo email :
    Odin
    STL
    IPad3

2nd test : Same distance, from a laptop to same yahoo email :
    Odin(BIS)
    STL(normal data)
    IPad3(normal data)

These are my findings on my devices

ODIN 9520 / 5.0.0.1743 Hybrid / 1850mAh
    10-23-14 06:28 AM
    I am not having the problem the OP is describing. Like other poster said, I usually get my mail way before my outlook. If I time it right, I can get the email and reply and send it before the email shows up my outlook.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 06:50 AM
    Switch to a provider that supports EAS.
    I actually stopped using Gmail when I had my iPhone because they stopped supporting EAS on free accounts.
    I currently have one personal email, one work email, both use EAS. Both will show up on my Q10 before the desktop

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1052
    10-23-14 09:40 AM
    Switch to a provider that supports EAS.
    I actually stopped using Gmail when I had my iPhone because they stopped supporting EAS on free accounts.
    I currently have one personal email, one work email, both use EAS. Both will show up on my Q10 before the desktop

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1052
    Gmail on BB10 is not an issue. I've tested sending from one account to the other. As quick as I send I receive. From my experience, Gmail is actually a faster mail handler than EAS. EAS will get to my phone before my PC, but there is an overall lag.

It's Yahoo that's slow like a stubborn mule. Still my default email, as most correspondence I make isn't so time sensitive a few minutes will ruin my life, but when it absolutely, positively needs to get there ASAP, there's nothing I've used faster than Gmail.

I haven't tried all email services of course, I don't claim to be an electronic communications expert, have not analyzed data from companies who are, nor am I in any way a fan/promoter of Google. Just expressing my own personal experience, FWIW.
    10-23-14 10:25 AM
    Gmail on BB10 is not an issue. I've tested sending from one account to the other. As quick as I send I receive. From my experience, Gmail is actually a faster mail handler than EAS. EAS will get to my phone before my PC, but there is an overall lag.

It's Yahoo that's slow like a stubborn mule. Still my default email, as most correspondence I make isn't so time sensitive a few minutes will ruin my life, but when it absolutely, positively needs to get there ASAP, there's nothing I've used faster than Gmail.

I haven't tried all email services of course, I don't claim to be an electronic communications expert, have not analyzed data from companies who are, nor am I in any way a fan/promoter of Google. Just expressing my own personal experience, FWIW.
    Glad it works for you!
    I haven't even tried loading my Gmail account on my Q10. I like the way outlook.com handles all of my PIM and I was able to jump in when they changed and get the address I wanted

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1052
    10-28-14 09:46 AM
    Never noticed any difference really and out of all the devices I have here on my desk, my Passport still gets email before all of them. And as Peev noted, they more times than not come in faster than my desktop apps.
    For countries with poor internet connection receiving under normal internet is slow. Push is really very fast. when I switch to bb10 from the os7.1 is kinda annoying to receive delayed email.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 09:51 AM
    agree with OP

push on the my 9900 was almost instant!

not the same on my BB10
    drfever likes this.
    10-28-14 09:55 AM
    I want the push email back aswel it's very fast. I wish there's an option to use BIS for the new blackberries. This will complete the blackberry experience.

Tnx

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 09:58 PM
    I want the push email back aswel it's very fast. I wish there's an option to use BIS for the new blackberries. This will complete the blackberry experience.

Tnx

Posted via CB10
    You can use BES which would give you that push experience back. BlackBerry even offers a cloud BES solution.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.798 SR 10.3.2.516
    06-20-15 07:25 AM
36 12