Well after a security wipe, which lasted only 30 hours and never completed, 5 battery pulls (which is apparently the magic number required to tell the security wipe to stop), three attempted reloads through BB Link the last one finally took and now everything is much better! System is now at 1.87 GB!
    02-11-14 09:51 PM
    Well after a security wipe, which lasted only 30 hours and never completed, 5 battery pulls (which is apparently the magic number required to tell the security wipe to stop), three attempted reloads through BB Link the last one finally took and now everything is much better! System is now at 1.87 GB!
    Note to self.....do not do a security wipe!

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.537 (1925)
    02-11-14 11:30 PM
    Well I, sincerely hope you don't have to and that I never have to again. The 35 hours (and counting really as I set it back up carefully) for updates and security wipes last week wiped me as well.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 08:34 AM
    Well I, sincerely hope you don't have to and that I never have to again. The 35 hours (and counting really as I set it back up carefully) for updates and security wipes last week wiped me as well.

Posted via CB10
    I really don't understand. I come from a long line of legacy BlackBerry devices. In those days we just took the devices out of the box and they worked. We installed whatever apps we wanted and they worked. I chose whether I wanted to ask for a read receipt and chose whether to send one. When I sold a BlackBerry I did the security wipe in front of the buyer. It usually took about as long as it took him to count out the money. This whole experience has been so different and unexpected for this household. Dad, mom, sis, bro, wide, me, both kids have always been BlackBerry. Now sad, sis, bro, mom are Samsung and my oldest chose the i5 this upgrade. Youngest, wife and I are Z10's. I'm starting to think my oldest knew something I didn't.

Sorry for turning this into a rant, there's been so many issues since launch, it's bean a hard road for legacy users in my opinion.

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.537 (1925)
    02-12-14 09:17 AM
29 12