I am currently interested in getting a Pebble and using it with my Q10. To my understanding, the only way to use a Pebble is with the Talk2Watch App? Is there any other ways that are better?

I also heard that in order to use the Pebble with Talk2Watch, you must keep the Talk2Watch open or open as an active frame at all times?

Can someone that has knowledge about this enlighten me please?

Thanks,

Paul
    04-16-14 10:16 AM
    I am currently interested in getting a Pebble and using it with my Q10. To my understanding, the only way to use a Pebble is with the Talk2Watch App? Is there any other ways that are better?

I also heard that in order to use the Pebble with Talk2Watch, you must keep the Talk2Watch open or open as an active frame at all times?

Thanks,

Paul
    You got it. There's an app called pbbl too, but talk2watch is better. There's a free and a paid version, depending on your needs.
    It must remain in an active frame, although I admit I really want this app to go headless, it's fine in a frame.
    You can install the pebble app and update your watch, load watchfaces etc, but it will not send notifications.
    Hope this helps!
    04-16-14 10:38 AM
    You got it. There's an app called pbbl too, but talk2watch is better. There's a free and a paid version, depending on your needs.
    It must remain in an active frame, although I admit I really want this app to go headless, it's fine in a frame.
    You can install the pebble app and update your watch, load watchfaces etc, but it will not send notifications.
    Hope this helps!
    Thanks! I don't think I will get the Pebble unless Talk2Watch is headless. I can't stand having active frames open. Especially if I am going to use the Pebble a lot.
    04-16-14 01:15 PM
    Thanks! I don't think I will get the Pebble unless Talk2Watch is headless. I can't stand having active frames open. Especially if I am going to use the Pebble a lot.
    I thought this initially as well, but it's really no problem.
    It actually got me used to having open frames, now I utilize then effectively.
    04-16-14 02:02 PM
    Pebble is trash no speaker. Blackberry is dropping the ball on the smart watch market. When my z-30 breaks or lost. Goodbye blackberry hello crappy android just for a proper smart watch...
    04-16-14 02:08 PM
    Pebble is trash no speaker. Blackberry is dropping the ball on the smart watch market. When my z-30 breaks or lost. Goodbye blackberry hello crappy android just for a proper smart watch...
    Blackberry isn't part of the smartphone market, much like apple isn't.
    It's the third parties who design and make the watches, and they decide which platforms to support.
    It is your choice which accessories you want, or what platform you use, and that's ok, but at least be intelligent enough to know who to blame for your discontent.
    MobileMadness002 and Pdinos3 like this.
    04-16-14 03:10 PM
    I second that. Your comment is uneducated to say the least. No relation to my topic at all.
    04-16-14 03:41 PM
    Why would you ever downgrade to a crappy android just to use galaxy gear? You won't even be able to use a galaxy gear watch unless it's an s4 + or note 3 +.
    04-16-14 03:51 PM
    I second that. Your comment is uneducated to say the least. No relation to my topic at all.
    The quote above this post is what I was responding to, you didn't include what I said back to it.
    Mioedwitnir likes this.
    04-16-14 04:12 PM
    LMAO! All im saying is it would be nice if blackberry came out with a smart watch. But instead they go back and make os7 products. Wouldn't it be nice if BlackBerry moved forward like other companies do. They were late to the party on the tablet game and I think we can remember the outcome of that miserable failure. The smart watch market is going to be HUGE they are awesome. The pebble is horrible compared to the samsung gear. You guys can talk all the trash that you want on how great blackberry is but i've never seen a company go backwards instead of forward.
    04-16-14 04:15 PM
    Galaxy gear has all the features and a whole lot more than the Pebble. To respond to your question on why I would down grade. For the simple fact that it is very convenient while in the vehicle or in meetings to check my watch as opposed to pulling out my phone while Im in my mercedes-benz e500!!!!!
    04-16-14 04:22 PM
    Galaxy gear has all the features and a whole lot more than the Pebble. To respond to your question on why I would down grade. For the simple fact that it is very convenient while in the vehicle or in meetings to check my watch as opposed to pulling out my phone while Im in my mercedes-benz e500!!!!!
    I'll just check my pebble in my kia forte
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    04-16-14 04:59 PM
    Right on Kia & Pebble! What a perfect match! A man of taste, however how bad it may be. Us un educated people will now understand thank you for your enlightenment.
    04-16-14 05:36 PM

Thanks,

Paul
    Yes yes and yes. My understanding the api for caller id will also be available with the next os update!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 10:51 AM
    I must admit tho (ok if the pebble gods can hear this)...pebble steel color would make my day!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 10:55 AM