I'm using both the device's memory and an sd card. My stuff is very organized. But the file manager adds a bunch of stuff I don't need. And won't allow me to cut and paste files or "Move" my files. Is there any simpler way of managing the file manager? Hiding folders? Moving them? I really tried!!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 01:31 AM
    I'm personally waiting to get Files & Folders on my Z10, was the best file manager on the PlayBook. Did everything you asked about and more
    Innovatology and Crisdean like this.
    03-30-13 02:30 AM
    And why won't it let you move files? What happens when you try?
    03-30-13 02:36 AM
    I have just received my Z10. So I have tested at first the native File Manager

I'm happy to have written PlayCloud 10. I like a lot of my UI, the background transfers, the pinch zoom, the options (depend on network), social features...

PlayCloud 10 can't be compared to PlayCloud for PlayBook.

Note: you can test PlayCloud 10 with free version.

Nicolas
    03-30-13 02:46 AM
    Sorry, I found how to move. For some reason, I cod never find it.

But why is it so complicated? For example, when I go to my sd card, there's photos, and then there's a BlackBerry folder in which I'll find another pictures folder where I'll fond my other pictures. It's like in each sd card, there's a sort of double everything, docs, pics, etc... :-/ why? I don't know if you understand what I'm talking about... *sigh*

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 02:51 AM
    Sorry, I found how to move. For some reason, I cod never find it.

But why is it so complicated? For example, when I go to my sd card, there's photos, and then there's a BlackBerry folder in which I'll find another pictures folder where I'll fond my other pictures. It's like in each sd card, there's a sort of double everything, docs, pics, etc... :-/ why? I don't know if you understand what I'm talking about... *sigh*

Posted via CB10
    I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you come from a legacy device, and you are using the same SD card without formatting. If so, that's the BBOS file structure and the BB10 file structure, both, together.

I am using my previous bold's 32gb class 10 microSD on my Z10, but the first thing I did was formatting it. Here's what it looks like.

Attachment 145321
    03-30-13 02:59 AM
    ^ What he said. The doubles are your fault for not formatting the card when using it with a new file system, it can cut/paste (move) and copy files, etc. It seems like you're pretty clueless, and I'm not going to sympathize with you at all for having such a childish thread title. There are plenty of people that don't figure out how to use something when it comes to new technology, but my response is always determined by their approach.

If you had started a threat with "Hey guys, I haven't had my Z10 for long and can't figure out how to move files in the file manager. Can someone help? Also, why are there duplicate folders?" I would've been more than happy to help you, vs this: "OMG File Manager is so crappy and sucks so bad because I can't figure out how to use it!!!one11!!"

Anyways, for extra features (like Skydrive, and Google Drive syncing), I definitely recommend PlayCloud 10. It's a great UI, and the developer has a thread on CB asking for feedback/new feature requests
    Bungalow_Bill and nicklas79 like this.
    03-30-13 03:07 AM
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 03:14 AM
    I'm personally waiting to get Files & Folders on my Z10, was the best file manager on the PlayBook. Did everything you asked about and more
    Second that. I use Google Drive as it doesn't cap me with file sizes. Handy when uploading some story maker vids to family and friends back home. Having the luxury of accessing that account from the device is very important for me.
    04-24-13 05:32 AM
    You can use Google Drive on your device thanks to PlayCloud 10

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:46 AM
    I cant stand the file manager!-img_00000001.pngworking well here

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 06:17 AM
    I didn't reformat my SD card and am using it just fine with the stock File Manager.

Post via CB Z10
    04-24-13 06:46 AM