my phone is the blackberry classic newest software release from rogers... I sync on my computer locally, it was never a problem... this is driving me nuts.

Says "this contact's data can't be shared"... when I try to text, e-mail or send a contact card by any means.

Please help.

Thank you,
    Anthony
    01-28-15 07:54 PM
    It's a problem on all devices, on bb10 I can't either on my passport , or its LinkedIn problem.
    01-28-15 08:30 PM
    are you saying there is no way to share my link contacts only my local ones?
    01-29-15 12:57 PM
    Maybe if you go to linkded on your pc there might be a setting to share.
    01-29-15 10:21 PM
    Hiya. Had same response on my device. Here's what worked for me:

Clicked on contact details, clicked edit, added a field and entered something in it, saved. This seemed to make the contact local. Was able to send the contact card thereafter.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 05:44 AM
    nothing on link I can change that I've found to affect this... so weird
    01-30-15 09:37 AM
    I tried this and it didn't work for me... same error message... never had this problem before... it's driving me nuts... I've tried changing it to a local contact, which does work but then doesn't link?!?

so strange, there must be something I'm missing... I've even deleted all contacts and info like calendar and resynced... no luck

I really don't want to have to reinstall all software and have the problem persist... any other ideas guys?

thank you soo much
    01-30-15 09:39 AM
    I can't share contacts on my Z30 either. It's been this way since the newer 10.3.1xxx OS leaks. I expected it to be resolved with the "official" release by Rogers, but alas no. It is very irritating because I tried sharing my personal contact to a friend with an iPhone and couldn't. He basically said "why don't you have an iPhone"? Grrrrrrr.

Edit: I just created a new Local contact and was able to share it. All my contacts were created in MS Outlook, then downloaded to my Z30 The only one I tend to share is my own contact, so I'm just going to create one specifically for sharing. That's ridiculous though.
    Last edited by rickkel; 01-31-15 at 12:11 AM.
    01-31-15 12:00 AM
    I tried this also... doesn't make any sense... so it was the newest rogers update that did it to me... dammit...

seems so strange... new local contacts we create we can share but outlook ones we sync we can't... so we can only wait for another update to fix this or roll back to a previous os? this is nuts

I can't share contacts on my Z30 either. It's been this way since the newer 10.3.1xxx OS leaks. I expected it to be resolved with the "official" release by Rogers, but alas no. It is very irritating because I tried sharing my personal contact to a friend with an iPhone and couldn't. He basically said "why don't you have an iPhone"? Grrrrrrr.

Edit: I just created a new Local contact and was able to share it. All my contacts were created in MS Outlook, then downloaded to my Z30 The only one I tend to share is my own contact, so I'm just going to create one specifically for sharing. That's ridiculous though.
    01-31-15 05:11 PM
    I found out a different, but related issue. Apps that use my contact list no longer have access to it since none of my contacts are "Local" contacts. And it isn't confined to just Android ports or apps. I did this testing on my old Z10 which I use it to test new OS leaks:

1. Normally when I open BlackBerry Maps and I start typing the name of a contact in the search field, it gives me suggestions from my contact list. It no longer does this anymore.

2. I just installed Viber (an Android port from BB World). It could not find any of my contacts despite the fact it has permission to do so. I added one new local one and it instantly found that one.

3. I also use YouMail (an Android app downloaded from Snap). It uploads your contacts to their cloud to provide a customized first-name greeting. It could not find any of my contacts either.

Apps can no longer find BBLink contacts on my phone. Sigh...

Is there an easy way to convert all my BBLink contacts to local ones? I think I'm going to have to rethink how I've set up my phone.
    02-04-15 06:15 PM
    Is there an easy way to convert all my BBLink contacts to local ones? I think I'm going to have to rethink how I've set up my phone.
    I'm running 10.3 and this is the quickest way that I know how to copy contacts to Local from a different source:
    - Open 'Contacts' app.
    - Long press a contact you want to copy so the right side menu pops up.
    - Choose 'Select More' and highlight all the contacts you want copied.
    - A bottom menu pops up with the option 'Copy to' which now allows you to transfer all the highlighted contacts from one source to any other source.

I wonder if this is only a 10.3.1 issue because even though my contacts are only stored on and synced with Outlook (no SIM or local copies), I do not have any of the contact sharing problems you guys have mentioned.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ryeguyyyc; 02-04-15 at 07:12 PM.
    rickkel likes this.
    02-04-15 07:00 PM
    I'm running 10.3 and this is the quickest way that I know how to copy contacts to Local from a different source:
    - Open 'Contacts' app.
    - Long press a contact you want to copy so the right side menu pops up.
    - Choose 'Select More' and highlight all the contacts you want copied.
    - A bottom menu pops up with the option 'Copy to' which now allows you to transfer all the highlighted contacts from one source to any other source.

I wonder if this is only a 10.3.1 issue because even though my contacts are only stored on and synced with Outlook (no SIM or local copies), I do not have any of the contact sharing problems you guys have mentioned.Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the tip on how to copy my contacts to Local quickly. I found out that I had to "unlink" all the contacts from their Facebook, BBM, etc. contacts to allow me to copy them.

And yes this is a 10.3.1xxx issue. I didn't have any troubles until 10.3.1 builds. I thought maybe the 2072 build would have fixed this bug (since it is being distributed to Classic owners and is "official"), but it was not.
    02-05-15 04:03 PM
    I had this issue as well. I have most of my contacts under Company Name. And those ones I couldn't share. So I added a something into First Name. Either the persons first name or just additional information. Now it works great. I have search set up for Company Name. I don't know if that has something to do with it. I didn't try changing it. But it works now.
    06-13-15 10:31 AM