I was testing different settings for home page options with the Web browser. Some combination I tired caused problems. Now I cannot access browser settings.

If I launch the browser I get a blank browser and noting works. If I launched through search or a link the browser works but the settings button is unresponsive.

Anyway to reset my browser without having to do a full security wipe?

Posted from my Zed 10
    08-17-13 07:33 AM
    Update: If I open a we badge from search I am able to access browser settings, but if I select Display and Actions or Privacy and Security nothing happens. After that I cannot access settings anymore without repeating the procedure.

Posted from my Zed 10
    08-17-13 08:17 AM
    Usually when it glitches like that. I just active frame it, hold down the X and it works again.
    Robin Lim likes this.
    08-17-13 08:53 AM
    Tried that one. Does not work for me.

Posted from my Zed 10
    08-17-13 08:58 AM
    Update: If I open a we badge from search I am able to access browser settings, but if I select Display and Actions or Privacy and Security nothing happens. After that I cannot access settings anymore without repeating the procedure.

Posted from my Zed 10
    If you can access security and settings once.
    - clear history
    - clear cookies and other data

Close browser

Restart your phone by holding down power button and continue to hold the power button until you see the blue boot up circle

That may clear your issue

Give your phone sometime to settle in after this reboot

Posted via CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    Robin Lim likes this.
    08-17-13 09:00 AM
    Thanks. Tried it. Did not work. I think I entered an incompatible combination in home page settings, and that is what is causing the problems. If there was some way I could reset my display and actions settings for the browser, I think that would fix it.

Posted from my Zed 10
    08-17-13 10:18 AM
    Thanks. Tried it. Did not work. I think I entered an incompatible combination in home page settings, and that is what is causing the problems. If there was some way I could reset my display and actions settings for the browser, I think that would fix it.

Posted from my Zed 10
    Read this section

http://devicesupport.swisscom.ch/web...fault-settings

Robin Lim likes this.
    08-17-13 11:01 AM
    Yes, I guess that would be the only way. Had to do it before to get rid of junk thumbnails from the Amazon Kindle app.

Posted from my Zed 10
    08-17-13 11:14 AM
    Did the security wipe. Not as big a deal for me. I only have a few apps.

Posted from my Zed 10
    ATMJOE likes this.
    08-17-13 12:48 PM
    Try solution 2 on the following thread. Works for me every time. I have to do it about every three weeks.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rowser-819377/

Posted via CB10
    Robin Lim likes this.
    08-17-13 02:43 PM
    Everything is working fine after a full wipe. Solution 2 would not work, since I cannot access Browser > Settings > Display and Actions.

Posted from my Zed 10
    ATMJOE likes this.
    08-17-13 10:23 PM
    same thing happen to me twice. nothing worked except a wipe. i think at the time it froze, i too was messing around with the browser setting.
    Robin Lim likes this.
    08-17-13 11:15 PM
    Thanks for the confirmation. I was changing Startup and Homepage settings when the error occurred.

After reading other threads I realized this issue has been mixed in with general browser freeze or becoming unresponsive issues.

For the ones reporting inability to enter Display and Settings, it looks like only a full wipe will work. Will try to change the thread title when Ai get to a desktop to make the title more specific and helpful to future readers.

Thanks all.

Posted from my Zed 10
    ATMJOE likes this.
    08-18-13 01:04 AM
    Thanks for the confirmation. I was changing Startup and Homepage settings when the error occurred.

After reading other threads I realized this issue has been mixed in with general browser freeze or becoming unresponsive issues.

For the ones reporting inability to enter Display and Settings, it looks like only a full wipe will work. Will try to change the thread title when Ai get to a desktop to make the title more specific and helpful to future readers.

Thanks all.

Posted from my Zed 10
    Glad you got it working

08-18-13 01:41 AM
    Well, a full security wipe is not a great solution. But after reading and reading I found no solution. I found one long thread where this issue was mixed in with other browser issues. Was not resolved there. So I decided to bite the bullet and just do the full wipe.

Posted from my Zed 10
    08-18-13 02:36 AM
    Having to do a full wipe sucks big time

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 01:37 PM