I have found my productivity has declined by 50% on new blackberry at a minimum. Contacts (of which I had hundreds) never made it even with updated software and trying bluetooth. The typing isn't nearly as quick as a keyboard. Where is the visual voicemail. The 3 step delete process when you get 500 emails a day is torture. No social feeds setup like prior version is huge mistake. Top apps that I used all the time are not available. No BIS.

I have had a bb since they were pagers and have always been a huge bb fan. But a year delayed and this is the worst transition ever.
    02-28-13 10:46 AM
    You have some valid points, but it seems a bit unfair to compare any previous Blackberry that had a physical keyboard with a new device that has no physical keyboard. My typing speed has probably gone down too, but I chose to go with a full screen device and KNEW that this would be the case. If this is crucial to you then maybe you should have waited for the Q10 as you'd have the best of both worlds then.

As for the transferring of contacts, that does seem to have been a mess for a LOT of people. Blackberry should have got that right. And why they've done away with resyncing from Blackberry Protect - go figure!

As for social feeds and other stuff, I'm sure it will be coming. Should it have been on the initial release - I think it should, but if I have to wait then so be it.

Overall it is a good piece of kit and if Blackberry take on board the feedback and get a major update out within the next three months then things will be terrific.
    coldsword likes this.
    02-28-13 10:52 AM
    I have also found that my productivity reduced 50%. However, it is because I'm so busy playing with all the cool features on the new phone
    02-28-13 11:14 AM
    Typing: Pretty sure after the first QWERTY keyboard device came out, people that were used to the old T9 (or whatever it was called) saw a typing speed decrease in the first few weeks of usage. Changing typing input methods takes time to adjust and if you truly want a new experience, you'll stick with it and eventually your "productivity" will go back to what it was.

Contacts: can't comment as I use GMail and Outlook.com (activesync) for that - - - works flawlessly for me. Transferring from old BBOS to BB10 when not using "cloud" service can be a challenge, but I'm pretty sure when you first added the contacts to your old device, it took some time inputting their information too. BB10 is totally different, so the fact that it doesn't sync perfectly with the previous OS isn't completely unexpected.

Deleting emails: this is something that can be customized, so you only have to hit delete once (without confirming). Research this if it's that important to you.

Social Feeds: I never used it on previous BBs. Pretty sure users coming from other platforms wouldn't know what this app was and are used to having apps separated. I'm pretty sure there are 3rd party apps that can have all social accounts in one spot. Not the end of the world.

Apps: Most are happy with the current selection of apps and more are coming every day (NHL GC app just dropped... awesome). It's been 3 weeks since it's been out, some developers were waiting to see if BB even made it to launch (because of all the RIM is d3ad rumours that were floating around), so I'd expect more and more apps to drop in the coming weeks as BB10 gains momentum with the US and Q10 launch.
    sk8er_tor, KemKev and Deppe like this.
    02-28-13 11:25 AM
    Try to turn off delete confirmation. It saves you 1 step. If I want to delete 1 email, simply click on it, tap the bottom right corner twice. Q10 is best suited for hard core emailers like you.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 11:27 AM
    As for social feeds and other stuff, I'm sure it will be coming.
    Doesn't the Hub kinda work as the Social Feed now?
    southlander and Thunderbuck like this.
    02-28-13 11:38 AM
    500 emails a day?
    Are you serious?
    02-28-13 11:47 AM
    Try to turn off delete confirmation. It saves you 1 step. If I want to delete 1 email, simply click on it, tap the bottom right corner twice. Q10 is best suited for hard core emailers like you.

Posted via CB10
    Prowlers is correct, for a business user productivity is drastically reduced with this phone. If you want to delete a block of email message, you have to individually select each one. This is a major time waster if you have a lot of messages that needs to be deleted. It was much easier on my 9800. I hope Blackberry will add this feature back. I think the phone is great, BB should not take out basic functionality with a upgrade.
    02-28-13 11:51 AM
    500 emails a day?
    Are you serious?
    If you own your business, 500 is not uncommon.
    02-28-13 12:00 PM
    500 emails a day?
    Are you serious?
    It does sound like a bit of a stretch doesn't it? I doubt they are all work related, lots of spam I guess. I wonder how that would happen? But I give the OP the benefit of the doubt. I wish I could help out but my only advice is to use activesync for contacts and that doesn't sound like a solution for the OP at the moment. As for the typing, I find the Z10 keyboard reduces my mistakes and speeds up my replies to emails. It does take time to get used to so all I can say is be patient as the experience does improve over time.
    02-28-13 12:03 PM
    I have found my productivity has declined by 50% on new blackberry at a minimum. Contacts (of which I had hundreds) never made it even with updated software and trying bluetooth. The typing isn't nearly as quick as a keyboard. Where is the visual voicemail. The 3 step delete process when you get 500 emails a day is torture. No social feeds setup like prior version is huge mistake. Top apps that I used all the time are not available. No BIS.

I have had a bb since they were pagers and have always been a huge bb fan. But a year delayed and this is the worst transition ever.
    What complete BS.

First off, remove delete confirmation. Second use the "select more" feature, this allows you to skip e-mails you don't want to delete on your list. A function the 9800 didn't have. I get hoards of e-mails a day just like you, and my productivity has gone up. so clearly your doing it wrong.

Keyboard is fast, just type, stop looking. I can type way faster on this device than my old 9810.

My contacts came over, if you are a power user as you said, you should have had your contacts sync'd to your E-mail account (either via Exchange or BES) and they would have came over the moment you logged in. Blue tooth worked fine for some contacts I had in a no-mans's land account.

How much longer do we have to endure these types of threads?
    sosof, kojisan, alan510 and 1 others like this.
    02-28-13 12:03 PM
    If you own your business, 500 is not uncommon.
    It is
    If they bring you money, you can afford to hire someone to manage 500 emails a day
    I they don't, you should change your business

If you work 8 hours a day excluding any breaks its >1 email a minute
    If you use some of your precious time to reply to a few of them each hour, outstanding emails pile up and you need to go through 3-5 emails a minute.
    Not enough time to read them all, hardly enough time to delete them.
    Every single minute of your working day. If you miss one day you are $%^*#
    No matter what smartphone you use.
    barnfoot likes this.
    02-28-13 02:29 PM
    I have also found that my productivity reduced 50%. However, it is because I'm so busy playing with all the cool features on the new phone
    I have the same problem.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 02:44 PM
    Oh look, another one of...

I've been a BlackBerry -insert some positive trait here- for -insert some years here- but now -insert some complaint here-. What rocks were you guys hiding under to date and what made you come out?

By the way, email delete is not a "3 step process". You want to delete a single message? Hold over the email for just over 1 second and press delete. Want to delete multiple messages? Hold over any email for just over 1 second and use "select more" then pick all your emails to your hearts content and then press "delete" to blow them all away.

How inefficient, no?
    02-28-13 03:10 PM

I've been a BlackBerry -insert some positive trait here- for -insert some years here- but now -insert some complaint here-.
    I've beeen BlackBerry hater for several years but now have bough Z10 and quite like it

How does it sound?
    alan510, Cesare21, sosof and 1 others like this.
    02-28-13 03:25 PM
    I've beeen BlackBerry hater for several years but now have bough Z10 and quite like it

How does it sound?
    Refreshing
    02-28-13 03:42 PM
    Hey Prowlers,

Thanks for the comment but just from reading your post I believe you haven't used the device enough yet to truly discover the powerhouse behind BB10's platform. Allow me to explain.

Contacts (of which I had hundreds) never made it even with updated software and trying bluetooth.

I don't know what you're doing wrong, but every single one of my contacts made it (In fact, more than I expected because I had hotmail, gmail and my work email all sync up when I first loaded them onto my phone). I actually had to go spend some time deleting contacts because I had too many and others were redundant (however, with the awesome Link Contact feature, you can actually amalgamate all of those contacts together without having to migrate specific data from one to another).

The typing isn't nearly as quick as a keyboard

Have you only ever typed on a physical keyboard? It's understandable that there will be a learning curve. I've been a primarily Blackberry Bold user since the 9000 series and so I've grown accustomed to a certain tactile type of typing with speed and accuracy to brag about. When I got the Z10 it was a bit of a learning but to be perfectly honest with you I type just as fast if not faster on my Z10 touchscreen than on my Bold 9900 (IMO the best physical keyboard on the market). It just takes a little bit of getting used to. The flicking gestures are a Godsend, whether for selecting the word you want, flicking down for characters, or swiping to the left for deletion. On top of all that, the autocorrect is brilliant and I very often type without even looking at the keyboard and get full paragraphs out in no time. Give it some more time, you'll get there, I promise.

Where is the visual voicemail. The 3 step delete process when you get 500 emails a day is torture. No social feeds setup like prior version is huge mistake. Top apps that I used all the time are not available. No BIS.

These have already been addressed in prior posts however you do have to realize that no BIS = A GOOD THING. Really. It is. Times have changed and BIS is a bit outdated/irrelevant these days (not to say it's not a great feature). The Z10 is blazing fast on the net and that's partially because there's no BIS. I download/stream/upload files so much faster than I did with previous BBs. As for the apps that you use all the time, well that's too vague for me to comment on but rest assured that the Z10's application performance outperforms any prior BB and there will be an App that does what you want soon, if it's not already out.

All and all, just be a little more patient. I understand your feelings. I went into the Z10 expecting my world to shake and at first it rustled a bit, but now it's a whole new, very powerful, very productive experience. (You'll know what I mean when one day you're talking to 4-5 people on BBM while looking up a website by swiping and sharing parts of that site with your friends by swiping and sharing links by swiping...everything becomes so fluid and intuitive. It's a new paradigm, you've got to get used to it)

All the best
    sosof likes this.
    02-28-13 03:49 PM

I've been a BlackBerry -insert some positive trait here- for -insert some years here- but now -insert some complaint here-. What rocks were you guys hiding under to date and what made you come out?

By the way, email delete is not a "3 step process". You want to delete a single message? Hold over the email for just over 1 second and press delete. Want to delete multiple messages? Hold over any email for just over 1 second and use "select more" then pick all your emails to your hearts content and then press "delete" to blow them all away.

How inefficient, no?
    Dejanh, that's his point about productivity, what if he wanted to delete 50 consecutive emails, it is unproductive to have to select each one individually. Your theory only works if you have a handful of email messages.
    02-28-13 04:05 PM
    Seriously...its a new phone, and it is touchscreen. different beast completely. I am not sure why people buy touchscreen and complain they can't work on it. It is like buying a manual transmission car and complaining it can't drive just because they do not know how to change gears. Instead should have asked how to make your experience better. Take the time to learn the manual (BB Docs), it actually has lots of hidden hints.
    02-28-13 04:11 PM
    Dejanh, that's his point about productivity, what if he wanted to delete 50 consecutive emails, it is unproductive to have to select each one individually. Your theory only works if you have a handful of email messages.
    thats what the select more feature is for. On the old OS 7, you had to go down your list, and touch and hold and pan down. If you got to a message you didn't want to delete you had to start the process over. The select more allows you to just rifle down your list selecting with a single touch what you want to junk and in one touch lunch them all.

It works cherry, total BS if someone claims this is inefficient ...total garbage trolling
    02-28-13 04:11 PM
    thats what the select more feature is for. On the old OS 7, you had to go down your list, and touch and hold and pan down. If you got to a message you didn't want to delete you had to start the process over. The select more allows you to just rifle down your list selecting with a single touch what you want to junk and in one touch lunch them all.

It works cherry, total BS if someone claims this is inefficient ...total garbage trolling
    ibpluto, if you have 50 messages to delete in a row, you are saying you would have to select each message 50 times. To me that is inefficient, especially with my 9800 I could select the first message and the last message then select delete, that would only takes 3 clicks and it would delete all the messages. Don't call me a trol because I have a question about functionality, I like my phone very much. The select more feature is inefficient if you have a lot of message to select.
    Marc_Paradise likes this.
    02-28-13 04:18 PM
    Manage your workload throughout the day. You wait for a problem to pile up and you will always have a problem. Deleting 500 emails is a pain even in desktop clients. The use case is just not realistic and I think that the OP is exaggerating the problem severely.

I do think that there should be an option to select first and last message and all in between in three clicks though. It would just add to the efficiency. My point is that the usage paradigm here is not inefficient, it is just different and I am sure that over time it will get better. I also encourage you to call your carrier and get them to connect you to BlackBerry to request that feature.
    02-28-13 04:21 PM
    Don't forget you can select multiple emails to delete at once, so this should reduce the key presses on larger deletions for emails. My typing speed was never great but find it much faster on the Z10 due to the keyword suggestions.

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    02-28-13 04:29 PM
    Prowlers is correct, for a business user productivity is drastically reduced with this phone. If you want to delete a block of email message, you have to individually select each one. This is a major time waster if you have a lot of messages that needs to be deleted. It was much easier on my 9800. I hope Blackberry will add this feature back. I think the phone is great, BB should not take out basic functionality with a upgrade.
    There is a select multiple option on the side menu if you hold down on an email.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    02-28-13 04:30 PM
    Manage your workload throughout the day. You wait for a problem to pile up and you will always have a problem. Deleting 500 emails is a pain even in desktop clients. The use case is just not realistic and I think that the OP is exaggerating the problem severely.

I do think that there should be an option to select first and last message and all in between in three clicks though. It would just add to the efficiency. My point is that the usage paradigm here is not inefficient, it is just different and I am sure that over time it will get better. I also encourage you to call your carrier and get them to connect you to BlackBerry to request that feature.
    Thanks for seeing my point, this is an amazing phone, I just think some tweaks in functionality will make it even better.
    02-28-13 04:33 PM
54 123