Does anyone else here ever use the hub to quickly make a note of something? I find this to be much more quicker to do. I swipe to the hub (from any app I'm in, so quick access), then I compose an email and write down my notes. I press "cancel" but I save the message, then it is saved on that specific time and date.

In the HUB give the option to compose a note instead. Then have a slot in the hub to filter out all your notes.

Having this option would be advantageous.

1) quick access from anywhere
    2) simple and fast note taking
    3) you can also quickly turn it into an email
    4) it's time stamped
    5) if a slot is created specifically for notes then it easy to find all your notes.(see edit below)
    6) possibly allow it to sync it with an email account for saving onto a cloud?

Thoughts?

Edit: addition of pinch gestures

Just so you could quickly find your notes. Make use of the pinch gesture. Pinch once, filters your unread email. Pinch again, filters your notes. Pinch out at any time, goes back to regular view.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by vgorous; 11-20-14 at 04:36 PM.
    11-19-14 07:21 AM
    I do that for a few things I know I'll delete, or might possibly send. If you flag it, you'll easily find it in remember too.
    spike12 likes this.
    11-19-14 07:28 AM
    I use Remember app a lot since I run Exchange on the back end. Notes aren't dated, but tasks are. I don't see that much of a benefit to include in the hub. I keep Remember running a lot of the time, switching to the hub would be easier I suppose, but finding just my notes would be harder with search or switching to the specific account. Plus most accounts in the hub are not synced permanently. Old stuff disappears, although this wouldn't be necessary, but all notes would eventually end up at the bottom. I prefer direct access.

Rockin a Passport and Z30! Two devices are better than 1!
    11-19-14 10:00 AM
    Does anyone else here ever use the hub to quickly make a note of something? I find this to be much more quicker to do. I swipe to the hub (from any app I'm in, so quick access), then I compose an email and write down my notes. I press "cancel" but I save the message, then it is saved on that specific time and date.

Now I would just prefer that instead of composing email, they give the option to compose a note instead. Then have a slot in the hub to filter out all your notes.

Having this option would be advantageous.

1) quick access from anywhere
    2) simple note taking
    3) you can also quickly turn it into an email
    4) it's time stamped
    5) if a slot is created specifically for notes then it easy to find all your notes.
    6) possibly allow it to sync it with an email account for saving onto a cloud?

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Your suggestion makes a lot of sense. Instead of "Hub vs Remember", the title could be "Hub integration for Remember app". That integration would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    greenberry666 and BSar like this.
    11-19-14 10:33 AM
    Great idea for integration...good feature for 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 12:31 PM
    I use Remember app a lot since I run Exchange on the back end. Notes aren't dated, but tasks are. I don't see that much of a benefit to include in the hub. I keep Remember running a lot of the time, switching to the hub would be easier I suppose, but finding just my notes would be harder with search or switching to the specific account. Plus most accounts in the hub are not synced permanently. Old stuff disappears, although this wouldn't be necessary, but all notes would eventually end up at the bottom. I prefer direct access.

So if they integrate this note section in the hub. Rather than going to the left hand overflow menu to select the account and choosing "Notes". Maybe utilize the pinch gesture to toggle through various actions.

Meaning, as we know now, if you pinch -- you can filter out the unread emails. If you pinch again, it'll filter out all your notes instead. Pinch out an any time, you go back to normal view.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by vgorous; 11-21-14 at 07:03 AM.
    11-19-14 04:51 PM
    Some great ideas here. Hope these wishes come true.

Z30 STA 100-2
    11-20-14 04:00 PM
    You sir are flurking brilliant!!! Best idea ever!!! I tend to use Evernote for all my notes as it syncs with all my devices.

Posted via Commodore 64
    11-20-14 04:08 PM
    I also converted all my notes from Apple IOS to Evernote and it allows me to crossover to different platforms without loosing my notes.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    11-21-14 04:45 AM
    OK, this is crazy. This morning I was reading an article about Working Wide with the passport and I was like I don't really find the app useful for what I do. I was thinking what would I find useful, and then I though I really would like to be able to write temporary notes in the hub. Specifically I want to be able to filled unfiled notes as quickly as possible. 2hours later i am reading the forums and I see your post, lol. I was actually thinking about writing an app to do this. I have always wanted to write an app for BB10 but never had a good idea, now I thought about this. But if Blackberry is gonna do something I'd rather not. If you guys think it would be kool I can look into BB10 development
    11-22-14 10:23 AM
    Well... on phone with a physical keyboard it's simple enough to type "note" followed by what you want to remember... You can event start with the "ld" and "lt" shortcut to timestamp the note, and share it later with another account if you want to sync it.

Like :
    note Sat, Nov 22, 2014 6:30:24 PM Ho, it's raining outside....
    spike12 likes this.
    11-22-14 11:31 AM
    I'm a big fan of an app called ClipMan which keeps a copy of everything you cut or copy from any app. You can then call up Clip Man, select one or several of the items you've copied and push them to the hub as a single combined notification or as several individual notifications. I tend to delete all other notifications so these ones are quick to find. Incidentally, you can also create a quick text file from the same items. I think it's brilliant.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 10:18 PM
    If Notes and tasks were available in both the hub and the Remember app, this could be useful to see two notes or two tasks, or combos and suppose if I could compose a task or note from the hub it would save a step when coming from another app.

12-12-14 01:23 PM
    Submit this idea to BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 07:39 PM
    I always do this :P
    Yes and I think remember/notes should be integrated into hub .

Posted via Q10
    12-12-14 07:42 PM
    So the OP is simply creating an email then saving the draft. Then using the saved email as a date/time stamped note.

Can't say I've ever done this.

Is the reason the OP does this for the date/time stamp or cause it's supposedly easier? Why is it hard to leave the Remember app open and just switch to that or type "note this is my new note" in universal search?
    12-13-14 10:14 AM
    So the OP is simply creating an email then saving the draft. Then using the saved email as a date/time stamped note.

Is the reason the OP does this for the date/time stamp or cause it's supposedly easier? Why is it hard to leave the Remember app open and just switch to that or type "note this is my new note" in universal search?
    Or, simply make the draft, then flag it, which puts it in remember.
    12-13-14 10:19 AM

It's personal preference I guess. I find it easier since I'm in the HUB so often and can be accessed quickly from anywhere. The timestamp is just additional info so it's not really relevant but it's there so you know when you last made that note.

I like to consider my HUB as my actual desktop where I have most of my work and important information located in.

1- I rarely keep apps open.
    2- I don't like having to search for Remember. Since I rarely use it I tend to forget it's location in the app drawer.
    3- every time when I have to write something down, the first thing I think of is the HUB. Either I'm thinking of an email(for the most part it is) or that I noticed something that I want to write or compose something, I immediately associate that thought with the HUB. Just feels second nature to me.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 05:37 PM