I'm loving the z10, but the OS still has a few bugs to rectify, especially when using the HUB. What upsets me the most is unless you back out of whatever form of messaging you are in, when you want to use text messaging and enter through the tile/app it takes you back into whatever you were viewing in the HUB. Which is becoming quite annoying. The HUB line items should sync independently with their corresponding forms of messaging ie. email, bbm, text etc. And the fact that there are no tiles/apps for email accounts on the home screen is a little inconvenient for someone like me who uses 2 separate email accounts through out the day. I am a huge bb supporter, and will continue to support them until the end. But please don't sacrifice things that were available on the previous OS that were convenient.
    phylez, sala7 and Taigatrommel like this.
    02-08-13 11:15 AM
    My feelings exactly.
    02-08-13 11:46 AM
    There are literally hundreds of threads about it. It's a known issue, and I'm sure it will be addressed. The The tiles/apps on the homescreen is just whining, because you can get to individual accounts with one swipe right in the hub. I find it funny that former BB users are more critical of this OS than even the biggest Apple fanboys (Gizmodo and CNET).

Why won't mods lock these threads up? Do a damn search before making another useless thread.
    02-08-13 11:47 AM
    I can see this being a problem for some people. Myself I am OCD with emails and messaging (which is why I am a BlackBerry user) and I always back out to the Hub when I am done with something.

I do like being able to be in a text or BBM conversation and multitask to something else and when I get my new message notifications swipe right back into the conversation.

I would be shocked if the 10.1 settings didn't get a lot added to them including probably and option to have the Hub reset to default when you swipe out or leave it the current way it is.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    cjcampbell, kitkaht and mithrazor like this.
    02-08-13 11:51 AM
    guys... this has been posted a dozen times. please look at other threads before we start filling the section up with the exact same complaint.
    Novaone likes this.
    02-08-13 12:06 PM
    i feel the same but it is what it is until a patch comes out to allow the hub to go back to the main hub when you leave a message, its a bit mroe work but its nto a deal breaker and doesn't botehr me that much
    02-08-13 12:08 PM
    My feelings exactly.
    02-08-13 12:08 PM
    Agreed also how the keyboard automatically pops up when you may not need it. Then you need TWO fingers to put it away, not great if you're driving. Basically we need an update that gives us all the control that we are used to. Like I know they HAD to release the phone Q1 and I'm somewhat enjoying my time as a guinea pig because there is no way they could have pulled this **** in the US. The itech media would be on them even harder than they have been already. Hoping for an update next week (begging)
    02-08-13 12:11 PM
    I am unsure of your agenda here, you just joined in January and are anxious to dismiss all concerns no matter how valid and ask to have threads locked. Sounds to me like Blackberry has hired a "social media" person to try and control the message. Hope it pays well.

There are literally hundreds of threads about it. It's a known issue, and I'm sure it will be addressed. The The tiles/apps on the homescreen is just whining, because you can get to individual accounts with one swipe right in the hub. I find it funny that former BB users are more critical of this OS than even the biggest Apple fanboys (Gizmodo and CNET).

Why won't mods lock these threads up? Do a damn search before making another useless thread.
    jimpilot and Admorris like this.
    02-08-13 12:13 PM
    Agreed also how the keyboard automatically pops up when you may not need it. Then you need TWO fingers to put it away, not great if you're driving. Basically we need an update that gives us all the control that we are used to. Like I know they HAD to release the phone Q1 and I'm somewhat enjoying my time as a guinea pig because there is no way they could have pulled this **** in the US. The itech media would be on them even harder than they have been already. Hoping for an update next week (begging)
    drivign and mobile is illegal but you can always hold the space to get rid of the keyboard
    dscsayers and drewread like this.
    02-08-13 12:20 PM
    You really shouldn't be driving and using your phone at the same time. If you are talking about the keyboard popping up when nothing is pressed that is a different issue. Be safe and don't use your phone when driving.
    drewread likes this.
    02-08-13 12:24 PM
    I find it funny that former BB users are more critical of this OS than even the biggest Apple fanboys (Gizmodo and CNET).
    Maybe that should tell you something

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    phylez likes this.
    02-08-13 12:25 PM
    I am unsure of your agenda here, you just joined in January and are anxious to dismiss all concerns no matter how valid and ask to have threads locked. Sounds to me like Blackberry has hired a "social media" person to try and control the message. Hope it pays well.
    lol or I switched from a Nexus 4 and only came to this forum just before I got my Z10. I was on XDA before. My username is InvalidUser there. Go look it up
    02-08-13 12:26 PM
    I love the Hub. But I can see the inconvenience when you are a few levels in and you have to swipe a few times to get back to the main hub. I can also see the convenience of returning to unfinished business in the Hub. It is a dilemma.

I think that Blackberry just needs to introduce a single swipe that resets the Hub. You can do it when you are finished a task and are about to leave, or upon returning. Or, as has been mentioned elsewhere, a timed reset.
    02-08-13 01:17 PM
    In my opinion, the best solution is this:

- Do a peek gesture from any app into the hub, and it shows you the main hub with the newest notifications, even if you were working on something and left without returning there

- Swipe to the hub from the home screen, and it goes back to what you were working on
    greenberry666 and drewread like this.
    02-08-13 02:12 PM

Or you could grow up, and click the BACK BUTTON and not reply. Reading something on the net/forum doesn't mean you must reply. Move on if you can't stand this post.

On this issue, I would say this will be patched to a choice. I would want the peak to ALWAYS go to the main section of the hub and left swipe from the apps/active frames go to my last thing. OR I had a thought, peak resets the hub each time. That might work.
    02-08-13 02:14 PM
    ^ sounds like you two have a good solution.
    02-08-13 03:20 PM
    I think blackberry will see this. IF peak always shows the main hub and they keep another state for it or peak always reset the hub, peak needs to be predictable and putting your hub back to a state kills fluid motion of the os.
    02-08-13 03:37 PM
    Sync everything to gmail. Problem solved.
    02-08-13 05:11 PM

How is it whining? The tile/apps on the home screen have been there ever since BB has released their first device. Why not also add it on the home screen if you have both text messaging/bbm as a tile/app? To me it only makes sense. I apologize I didn't go through all the threads to observe this topic before . . . . hahaha get the fack out of here if you think its useless. In fact your post is just as useless, if not even more than mine if you feel that way. And of course I'm going to be more critical, I've owned the very first BB ever released (and many releases after), I know the potential it has and what it should offer differently from its previous model. To me something like that is not a step forward, its a step backward.
    Darlaten likes this.
    02-11-13 08:11 AM
    Or you could grow up, and click the BACK BUTTON and not reply. Reading something on the net/forum doesn't mean you must reply. Move on if you can't stand this post.

On this issue, I would say this will be patched to a choice. I would want the peak to ALWAYS go to the main section of the hub and left swipe from the apps/active frames go to my last thing. OR I had a thought, peak resets the hub each time. That might work.
    Like greenberry commented below, sounds like a great solution. And I think it will work if executed.
    02-11-13 08:13 AM
    You don't need two fingers to make the keyboard 'go away', you simply tap the message window above the keyboard and said KB will hide.
    drewread likes this.
    02-11-13 08:35 AM