- CrackBerry Abuser
- 108 Posts
The Hub - Small suggestion - BIG improvement!
No matter where you are within the phone you should ALWAYS be able to SEE the messages in the hub through PEEK.
This currently isn't the case if you had a previous message opened, or menu opened or scrolled down.
I think if you actually GO to the hub it should go back to where you left off (open message, menu, scrolled down, whatever) but when you are not in the hub it should let you glance all messages (usually checking for new ones) through peek. Currently I find myself often going into the hub and checking the new messages because i almost never leave the hub in perfect state for peeking into it.
Just a small suggestion
- CrackBerry User
02-13-2013, 02:09 PM #3
- 83 Posts
I wouldn't mind if it always just went back to the main hub message list, and never to where you left off. Usually when I'm in a message, I read it, then swipe up to get back to what I'm doing. At that point I'm done with that messsage and if I peak or enter back into the hub its for another new message/event.7780, 8320, Pearl Flip 8220, Curve 9300, Bold 9780
Good artists copy, great artists steal.
- 02-13-2013, 02:28 PM #5
I suggest in another thread 3 user selectable options..
1) it always goes back to where you left it like it does now..
2) it always go back to the main message list
3) would be my personal preference.. it stays where you left it for X minutes in case you just swiped over to find a phone number or something, and if you haven't gone back to the hub in the set time it then reverts to the main message list..
- 02-13-2013, 02:41 PM #8
There'd be a cost to this. Every page to peek back to would have to be kept in RAM, so the device would either need more or there would need to be even stricter limits on how much could be open in Active Frames.
"Max Power doesn't 'cuddle'! You strap yourself in and feel the Gs!"
- 02-13-2013, 02:47 PM #9
- 02-13-2013, 03:12 PM #10
- 02-13-2013, 03:14 PM #11
- 02-13-2013, 03:22 PM #12
My idea was very simple.. one hub.. one view at a time.. you're in it.. you're in a bbm for example.. you swipe away and open the browser or the contacts list or whatever.. a timer starts counting from zero to a predetermined time.. that time could be user selectable or not.. I think 3 minutes is pretty good.. if you swipe back to the hub or peek within that 3 minutes.. the hub is still where you left it and the timer cancels.. if you don't come back to it within the 3 minutes and the timer reaches it's end, the hub reverts to the main screen.. at which point if you go into it, or peek into it all you see is the main message list.. only one view at a time, and what you see in peek is what you get if you complete the gesture.. it's exactly like it is now, no second hub or second view.. there's just a small script that starts when you leave the hub and counts.. when it reaches the end of it's time, it swipes the hub back to main for you.
- 02-13-2013, 07:20 PM #13
Yeah. No offense, but I think it is 2 different thoughts combined. The way he was describing was kinda how it works on android and that bugs the crap out of me. But the way the hub is now, doesn't sound ideal either. But it can get better
- By evilxkilla in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-13-2013, 11:12 AM
- By BlackberryFan2009 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 2Last Post: 12-07-2009, 02:50 PM
- By Coraya in forum Legacy Leaked/Beta OSReplies: 11Last Post: 11-17-2009, 04:44 PM
- By Coraya in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 5Last Post: 11-10-2009, 01:58 PM
- By pcsolutions1 in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 04-04-2009, 12:34 PM