- CrackBerry Master
- 1,281 Posts
The Hub reloads everything on reboot?
Was listening to a podcast review of the new phones. The guy said every time the phone boots up, the Hub has to retrieve all of the information again (or at least some parts have to be recalculated). Is that true?
Does it take a long time?
- CrackBerry Genius
02-10-2013, 07:50 PM #5
- 1,640 Posts
Wow...such bad misinformation...
You HAVE to reboot. Today, I lost my "settings" screen for a nice white, unpopulated screen. I have had to reboot more than once ni the past several days as well. There is NO such device in PC/ Apple /Android etc...that does not need to be rebooted on occasion. You're truly fooling yourself if you think otherwise. You would be the only user on the planet who doesn't reboot...and guess what...your device will stop working altogether one day soon...then you can post up and tell us how you had to pop the battery -
By the way, in case you aren't aware (and I'm sure you're not) - some device lockups won't even allow you to use the power button to shut down the phone...don't ask me how I know...Z10
Steve - Besadmin
02-10-2013, 09:43 PM #6
- 1,213 Posts
*I edited out the IMEI and ICC ID
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
02-10-2013, 11:00 PM #7
- 5,196 Posts
What I think he's implying is that the Hub has to retrieve your email from the server again every time you reboot, which would be a completely false statement. The messages are stored locally in a database, and everything is retrieved from that exactly like it would be in any other app.
It's true the Hub is unavailable for the first few seconds after the boot-up completes. That's a pretty minor concern considering how quick the rest of the reboot is now.
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-11-2013, 09:32 AM #8
- 395 Posts
- By winch123 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 1Last Post: 11-07-2011, 01:57 PM
- By punkskata321 in forum SprintReplies: 21Last Post: 06-24-2010, 08:04 PM
- By imnotahippie in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 12Last Post: 03-31-2009, 06:48 AM
- By jeffruby in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 02-25-2009, 04:12 PM
- By tonysaudi in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 3Last Post: 08-18-2008, 07:55 AM