Hi,

I have just updated to 10.3.1..read a few threads about instant action, but just couldn't find the way to disable the trash can.

Going back from message to hub, it'll display delete icon (trash can) for a few seconds. This action have resulted me to accidentally deleted some items in the hub.

I have tried putting the setting:
    1) Email action 1 - NONE
    2) Email action 2 - FILE

But it didn't work. Tried restarting the phone, but its the same. If someone could point me to the solutions, it'll be great!

On a side note, all is running very well in 10.3.1. I didnt face any issues as what others are running into. Fortunately for me!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 07:54 AM
    you can't disable the trash can. after reading something in the hub, the trash can is available. Be careful.
    02-28-15 07:58 AM
    When I set up my Z10 as you have (NONE, FILE) I get this for email messages:

Hub instant action - disable trash can?-capture-email.png

For some Hub entries File does not make sense, so on BBM entries I get this:

Hub instant action - disable trash can?-capture-bbm.png

An for notifications, about the only thing that makes sence is delete. The actual message would still be in Facebook, Twitter, BlackBerry World etc, so you get delete:

Hub instant action - disable trash can?-capture-fb.png

This all makes perfect sense to me.
    02-28-15 08:29 AM
    Hi,

I have just updated to 10.3.1..read a few threads about instant action, but just couldn't find the way to disable the trash can.

Going back from message to hub, it'll display delete icon (trash can) for a few seconds. This action have resulted me to accidentally deleted some items in the hub.

I have tried putting the setting:
    1) Email action 1 - NONE
    2) Email action 2 - FILE

But it didn't work. Tried restarting the phone, but its the same. If someone could point me to the solutions, it'll be great!

On a side note, all is running very well in 10.3.1. I didnt face any issues as what others are running into. Fortunately for me!

Posted via CB10
    Mine is set like yours and Richard's above.

I also only get the file icon when closing out of an email. Works for both my work Exchange account and my home IMAP account.

I don't use BBM, but SMS texts does as shown above for BBM - the little arrow for the "quick response" pop-up, and regular notifications to the hub are the only things that show the trash can.

I don't know why you're getting the trash can for emails. Unless it happens to be a POP3 account. That's the only thing I can think of since those email types stay local on your phone and don't sync back to the server after you get it - sort of like a notification.
    02-28-15 08:52 AM