I would really like the hub to reset itself every time you close it. rather than you click on a text message and then you are in the text message part, you close the hub down and when you open the hub again your are still in the text message part and then you have to do do 2 clicks to show everything in the hub. If it reset to the default of showing everything in the hub that would save time.
    just_luc, Crisdean and dscsayers like this.
    02-05-13 02:22 PM
    I would really like the hub to reset itself every time you close it. rather than you click on a text message and then you are in the text message part, you close the hub down and when you open the hub again your are still in the text message part and then you have to do do 2 clicks to show everything in the hub. If it reset to the default of showing everything in the hub that would save time.
    To be honest, this is one thing that has me concerned about switching. Having to close out of whatever message in order to get to the main Hub for Peek purposes later on seems counter-intuitive to me.
    02-05-13 02:31 PM
    You never "close the hub down". You are just covering it over with something else. You have to clear the deck by swiping left 'til you're back to the hub.

You don't have to click... swipe left to right really quick and you "clear the stack".

Did you mean you don't want to have to swipe left to get down to the bottom of the Hub?
    02-05-13 02:41 PM
    I am of two minds on this. If you have an email or text open and you leave to go to another application to get information and then return to the hub to finish typing, you would be pissed if it had returned you to the hub and forced you to open a draft. On the other hand if you were merely reading an email and closed the hub to go to something else, when you return to the hub you are still looking at that old email unless you closed it. But that is no different than going in and out of email on an android device.
    02-05-13 02:46 PM
    this doesn't bother me at all because 50% of the time this is what I would want, so by default, I will not like how it works 50% of the time.
    IMO it works great except for one thing: We need a previous and next button while in a message. I see why they would have a hard time putting a swipe gesture but buttons are needed
    02-05-13 03:03 PM
    also, AFAIK they are working on it.
    02-05-13 03:05 PM
    I agree on this, as when I peak in, the hub should be at the main part, with all my "stuff", but right now it won't. SO, when I am done with my email, facebook, or text I will have to put the hub back in the way I want it. I thought of this over the weekend, so I think they should put a feature that if you peak, not just go to the hub from the main app grid/active frames, the hub should be at the lowest level. Of course I will see how it works, when AT&T gets theirs in.
    02-05-13 03:07 PM
    I am of two minds on this. If you have an email or text open and you leave to go to another application to get information and then return to the hub to finish typing, you would be pissed if it had returned you to the hub and forced you to open a draft. On the other hand if you were merely reading an email and closed the hub to go to something else, when you return to the hub you are still looking at that old email unless you closed it. But that is no different than going in and out of email on an android device.
    Right, except with the Android device if you exit out of your email app (or sms or whatever) you are still able to peek at your notification bar without having to close anything down. If i'm in an SMS conversation and hit the Home button, I still have my usual Peek ability at my notification bar if/when another message comes in. With the BB, you would need to exit back to the main Hub portion in order to be able to Peek. Not a huge deal, but it seems there is a couple steps extra required..
    02-05-13 03:12 PM
    I think they should put a feature that if you peak, not just go to the hub from the main app grid/active frames, the hub should be at the lowest level. Of course I will see how it works, when AT&T gets theirs in.
    I like that idea. Peek views the starting view of the Hub, whereas accessing the Hub directly goes into whatever you were last doing (sms,email,FB etc).
    02-05-13 03:14 PM
    Sounds like a simple toggle switch in settings... Close open hub window on exit (ON/OFF)

I for one would love this feature. I love this OS, I love the z10... this is the one little tiny point that has been buggin' me (and even at that it's a tiny thing). I'll put a worm in an ear of someone I know. It's probably already in the works.
    just_luc and Rickroller like this.
    02-07-13 02:22 PM
    Sounds like a simple toggle switch in settings... Close open hub window on exit (ON/OFF)

I for one would love this feature. I love this OS, I love the z10... this is the one little tiny point that has been buggin' me (and even at that it's a tiny thing). I'll put a worm in an ear of someone I know. It's probably already in the works.
    I agree with this.. no one setting it right for everyone, but giving toggles to customize behaviors would make everyone happy.. personally I would like to see 3 user selectable options..

1) the current implementation where the hub stays where you left it..

2) the opposite where the hub always opens to the main screen

and my favorite

3) The hub stays where you left it for X minutes (in case you're in another app looking for a phone number or something) after which it reverts to the main view if you haven't come back to it yet.
    Last edited by just_luc; 02-09-13 at 09:18 AM.
    Rickroller likes this.
    02-07-13 02:30 PM
    Yeah a change or an option to select the hub behaviour would be cool. Sometimes when I peak back into the hub to check an email but goes into BBM is a bit annoying. But hey you know what at least this feature exists. Better than with OS6. I'm sure that the BlackBerry people will indeed be scanning this site as well as social media sites to get a vibe of what can be improved and I sincerely believe in them to satisfy our needs with the best possible solution.
    dscsayers and Rickroller like this.
    02-07-13 02:33 PM