Anyone in Abu Dhabi with updatable sim ?? Appreciate any help
    03-11-13 04:26 AM
    i also need a vodafone or any uk sim in dubai. anybody have one to share?
    03-11-13 09:26 AM
    I ordered 3 sim cards from the UK on the way here. For us stl-2 users, this is the only way to update our phones unless the carriers release the LTE version here.

I'm already on 10.0.10.90 and still no 4G for me. Infact the 4G option has disappeared all together in the mobile settings options, could be a vodafone thing since they haven't rolled out 4G yet in the UK.

My network is Etisalat

Posted via CB10
    I updated my STL-2 with a UK working O2 sim and had the same problem. The 4G option disappeared after the update even with the O2 sim in the phone.
    03-11-13 03:25 PM
    Anyone in Jordan can help me doing this? I also have the STL100-2 and tried different networks, tried the Link way, and the web. I also used my cards from Indonesia and Lebanon as well as Ghana. Any help?
    03-12-13 07:57 AM
    I'm currently going on 6 hours and my battery is at 50% with low usage, almost identical prior to the update. Hopefully it will get better in the next few days.
    Hi, i am currently in the uae. had to sign up for this stupid bbplan. since i am here for 3 weeks its sort of ok to do so.
    however i must say, battery is a lot worse than in germany.
    there i make 14 hours, here with even less usage i make only about 9 hours.

that is on DU, etisalat i suspect even worse.
    03-12-13 02:31 PM
    Hi, i am currently in the uae. had to sign up for this stupid bbplan. since i am here for 3 weeks its sort of ok to do so.

Dear
    I assume that the difference in battery drain is due to network coverage. Du is much worse in most of the UAE except some areas in Dubai. Etisalat has much better coverage

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 05:15 PM
    Hi all,

I'm in Vietnam. I got a BB Z10 from UK (STL100-2). I could not get any updates by OTA or blackberry/update link.
    Last week, I backed up my Z10, removed SIM card and used Blackberry Link to Reload Device Software. Luckily I got the lastest OS Version 10.0.10.690 and reloaded successfully.
    Chi Cong Nguyen and Dapper37 like this.
    03-12-13 11:26 PM
    I updated my STL-2 with a UK working O2 sim and had the same problem. The 4G option disappeared after the update even with the O2 sim in the phone.
    That's strange, I am in India and I also updated my STL100-2 with a Vodafone UK Sim Card. Prior to the update, I did not have any option for 4G in the Sim settings, only 3g and 2g. After the update, I got the setting for 4g too. Also before the update I used to get H in the network and after the update I started getting H+, so the speed seems to be improved. No LTE in India as of now. Needless to say the update went smoothly and after the update I have faced no problem which some ppl are reporting like the absence of notifications in the hub. All seems to be OK and the device seems to be snappier. All the android side loaded apps also working fine after the update too. The only thing I want to check now is the battery life, which I will come to know today by the end of the day.
    03-12-13 11:54 PM
    Guys, i have an STL100-2, and was almost fed up with the update thing. I live in jordan currently and tried the different service providers with no luck. Today, i installed the Lebanese number, then removed it. Then run the device without a sim card, and then connctc to the PC. Went to blackberry.com/update and checked the update for OS. SURPRISE,!!!, my device is now updating to 10.0.10.90!!! Currently downloading on 8%. I will let you know as soon as I finish.
    03-13-13 05:50 AM

My battery life still has not improved. I have gotten decent battery life one out of the 8 days i've had this phone and that was only 12 hours. My battery life with the update and after the update remains unchanged. It's a little bit disppointing but I guess I'm going to have to live with it for now.

The networks in general in the Middle East are extremely poor. This battery life I'm getting is on the lowest brightness possible, sync every 30 minutes, and to add insult to injury 3G.

Dear
    I assume that the difference in battery drain is due to network coverage. Du is much worse in most of the UAE except some areas in Dubai. Etisalat has much better coverage

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely.

That's strange, I am in India and I also updated my STL100-2 with a Vodafone UK Sim Card. Prior to the update, I did not have any option for 4G in the Sim settings, only 3g and 2g. After the update, I got the setting for 4g too. Also before the update I used to get H in the network and after the update I started getting H+, so the speed seems to be improved. No LTE in India as of now. Needless to say the update went smoothly and after the update I have faced no problem which some ppl are reporting like the absence of notifications in the hub. All seems to be OK and the device seems to be snappier. All the android side loaded apps also working fine after the update too. The only thing I want to check now is the battery life, which I will come to know today by the end of the day.
    That's very interesting. I purchased the STL100-2 from the UK to use in KSA, and I've had the LTE/HSPA+/UMTS options since day one however, when I select any of the network connectivity settings that include LTE, the phone toggles the connectivity to a non-LTE one as soon as I leave the setting page. I'm surprised to see that you're now getting H+

At one point I was thinking it may have been a Blackberry Issue, but now I'm thinking it can do with the carriers "blocking" something? Very frustrating.

Guys, i have an STL100-2, and was almost fed up with the update thing. I live in jordan currently and tried the different service providers with no luck. Today, i installed the Lebanese number, then removed it. Then run the device without a sim card, and then connctc to the PC. Went to blackberry.com/update and checked the update for OS. SURPRISE,!!!, my device is now updating to 10.0.10.90!!! Currently downloading on 8%. I will let you know as soon as I finish.
    That's good to know. That method didn't work for me but I didn't install a Lebanese line but rather a Canadian one. Inserting a UK sim card solved that for me. Let us know how your update goes.
    03-13-13 07:42 AM
    so I inserted a uk sim i had gotten from an airplane. Update showed up and everything was fantastic. It installed, then asked me to do the dreaded restart.... pressed restart now and FREEZE!!! the phone is stuck on the preparing to restart screen... what do i do what do i do?? it's been like that for 45 mins now!!!
    03-13-13 05:00 PM
    so I inserted a uk sim i had gotten from an airplane. Update showed up and everything was fantastic. It installed, then asked me to do the dreaded restart.... pressed restart now and FREEZE!!! the phone is stuck on the preparing to restart screen... what do i do what do i do?? it's been like that for 45 mins now!!!
    Got it to work by doing a hard reset... my heart nearly dropped as i didn't have a backup :S

anywho, when the sim was in i checked the lte setting, and it stayed the way it was supposed to, but only connected to the 3g network on zain, which is fine, because the setting stayed the way i set it. Popped in my mobily sim and back to square one with the lte... might ring them up and see if i can come up with something.
    03-13-13 06:19 PM
    Got it to work by doing a hard reset... my heart nearly dropped as i didn't have a backup :S

anywho, when the sim was in i checked the lte setting, and it stayed the way it was supposed to, but only connected to the 3g network on zain, which is fine, because the setting stayed the way i set it. Popped in my mobily sim and back to square one with the lte... might ring them up and see if i can come up with something.
    If you can get any information regarding this, it would be appreciated.
    03-14-13 01:24 AM
    Managed to update my STL 100-2 without any uk sim card ( had my US T-mobile one in when i did it ) but with alot of effort...

First of all you need Firefox browser.
    Switch off the phone. Disconnect it from the pc.
    then you need to go to : BlackBerry - Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smartphones - US
    there is a Blue update button.press it.
    connect with a usb cable your Z10 asap while you turn it on.
    If the browser recognizes the PIN while the phone is booting ( blue logo ) you are in good shape it will work !
    if not then rinse and repeat. took me about 45 minutes all together but its done.

Make sure you backup cause the installation of the software wipes out the device. Your bbm contacts are saved on the blackberry server and if you keep a gmail account all your contacts are saved too on the google servers but its best if you backup on the Blackberry link. if you have issues with blackberry link just delete some or all of your apps ( they will be deleted anyway with the update ) and you can restore them on blackberry world under "my apps"
    Rob Hendry likes this.
    03-14-13 02:19 PM
    I get the latest update but my sim card is now not compatible anymore Vodafone NL
    03-14-13 04:26 PM
    It happened to me to, and i updated through BB Link without sim
    03-14-13 06:35 PM
    I just ordered a UK Vodafone simcard, but I don't believe it's activated.
    Is this necessary? If so, how can I activate it outside the UK?

Tnx in advance
    03-14-13 06:50 PM
    I just ordered a UK Vodafone simcard, but I don't believe it's activated.
    Is this necessary? If so, how can I activate it outside the UK?

Tnx in advance
    No need to activate It, I did the same process without activating the UK vodafone sim card. Just swith off the device, put in the card, switch it on and connect to wifi Internet, then check for software update. U will get the update.

All the best.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 08:30 PM
    ok boys, here's the easier way available as of this morning........

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...poland-781922/

Several of us have done it without any problem from countries where there is no official release yet.

Good luck!!! :-D
    koolaje likes this.
    03-15-13 01:35 AM
    I live in Bahrain and had problems updating my OS as well. I was going to trade in my STL100-2 for the Middle East version until I decided to take my phone to the warranty provider. They updated the OS in 45 minutes, now running 10.0.10.648 .

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 02:59 AM
    @thieu88 My sim card also is not compatible anymore....also Vodafone NL. Did you find a solution?
    03-15-13 04:00 PM
    I'm unable to download
    03-17-13 03:58 AM
    I'm unable to download
    Guys,

Read my previous post.............

10.0.10.90 update available via BB Link for unlocked STL100-2 in Poland

It works!!!!
    03-17-13 11:33 AM
    This 100% Works... Thanks

Managed to update my STL 100-2 without any uk sim card ( had my US T-mobile one in when i did it ) but with alot of effort...

First of all you need Firefox browser.
    Switch off the phone. Disconnect it from the pc.
    then you need to go to : BlackBerry - Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smartphones - US
    there is a Blue update button.press it.
    connect with a usb cable your Z10 asap while you turn it on.
    If the browser recognizes the PIN while the phone is booting ( blue logo ) you are in good shape it will work !
    if not then rinse and repeat. took me about 45 minutes all together but its done.

Make sure you backup cause the installation of the software wipes out the device. Your bbm contacts are saved on the blackberry server and if you keep a gmail account all your contacts are saved too on the google servers but its best if you backup on the Blackberry link. if you have issues with blackberry link just delete some or all of your apps ( they will be deleted anyway with the update ) and you can restore them on blackberry world under "my apps"
    03-17-13 11:31 PM
    @thieu88 My sim card also is not compatible anymore....also Vodafone NL. Did you find a solution?
    Absoluut, ik heb weer een werkende telefoon, wel is waar met de fabriekssoftware maar het maar even tot dat Vodafone de officiele software uitbrengt en ondersteund (ergens rond 25 mrt gaat het gerucht)..Kijk even bij mijn onderwerp " Sim not Compatible" en dan op pagina 3 & 4 voor een link, even downloaden je telefoon "aan" aan je computer hangen en de toepassing draaien dan gaat je telefoon op nieuw installeren, uiteraard wel eerst even een back up draaien & daarna Whatsapp doormiddel van SideLoad er op zetten en wachten tot de officiele update van Vodafone.

Absolutly i found a solution, downgrade to factory software/os hahah and wait till the moment that Vodafone NL the official software/os roll out.
    Look at the thread " Sim not Compatible" and than at page 3 / 4 I post there a link.
    03-18-13 02:31 AM
104 1234 ...