hi all i tried doing a search but couldn't find anything helpful (please point me to a link if this has already been answered).

how do i go about removing my Z10 from remembering the user names that I put to log into stuff? sometimes it is remembering incorrect user names and when i start to type the proper one, the improper suggestion pops up and and i want it gone.

i went into settings>privacy and security>clear history and clear cookies and other data

but it still shows up
    06-20-13 10:19 AM
    I do not see any option for that in the browser settings or the system settings. Hopefully, the option will be added in a future update.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10.
    06-20-13 10:22 AM
    Maybe this will help

Settings > language and input> prediction and correction " at the bottom " ( clear learnt words)

Or
    Settings > language and input > spell check > edit personal dictionary.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 10:37 AM
    hmm none of these methods have solved the issue.

for example when i go to log into my hotmail, the browser remembers my user name and as i start to type it, pops up and then if i want it i click it.

the thing is it's popping up improper ones maybe saved from the past
    06-20-13 05:56 PM
    In your browser clear you cookies and setting

Then close browser

Next time you log into your account it will ask you if you want it to remember it.

Say never

Try that

Posted via CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    06-20-13 06:04 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion, I did that but as I sign in it still remembers and recalls the user name

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 11:52 PM
    did you already try to turn "accept cookis" from on to off, then clear cookis and other data once more?

It is strange, I was not able to reproduce this. I also tried to log in to my Hotmail account, it didn't even ask me to remember my login credentials. Strange.
    Rayysai likes this.
    06-21-13 03:28 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion, I did that but as I sign in it still remembers and recalls the user name

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like something has gone wrong in the Web browser

This takes sometime to do

Using BlackBerry Link

1: Back up your phone first

2: Reinstall the latest official software from your carrier . This will give you a clean install of your software like the day you got your phone.

3: Before you restore your data, try out the Web browser
    Try to login to your account and it should prompt you to never save this info for that account

4: If it works then restore your phone data that you made .

If the problem returned after you restore your data then you have a courpt file in your backup

So you can redo step 1: however you will not be able to use the restored data, that you just created.

If you have made previous backups of your phone then you can restore to an earlier date.

Good luck

06-21-13 06:43 AM
    did you already try to turn "accept cookis" from on to off, then clear cookis and other data once more?

It is strange, I was not able to reproduce this. I also tried to log in to my Hotmail account, it didn't even ask me to remember my login credentials. Strange.
    yea i did this, still no dice
    06-21-13 09:05 AM
    Sounds like something has gone wrong in the Web browser

This takes sometime to do

Using BlackBerry Link

1: Back up your phone first

2: Reinstall the latest official software from your carrier . This will give you a clean install of your software like the day you got your phone.

3: Before you restore your data, try out the Web browser
    Try to login to your account and it should prompt you to never save this info for that account

4: If it works then restore your phone data that you made .

If the problem returned after you restore your data then you have a courpt file in your backup

So you can redo step 1: however you will not be able to use the restored data, that you just created.

If you have made previous backups of your phone then you can restore to an earlier date.

Good luck

i'm certain doing a security wipe will fix the problem . What i dont want is to have to do a security wipe every time this comes up in the future
    06-21-13 09:06 AM
    yea i did this, still no dice
    hmm...seems to have worked now that i tried it 4 times thanks
    06-21-13 02:55 PM