Anyone know how to terminate headless apps when it running in the background?
    12-18-13 08:06 AM
    Very interesting question!! :O
    *sits next to you* bring on the answer, please!
    12-18-13 08:22 AM
    Perhaps going to the Settings --> App Manager --> Device Monitor, and stopping running apps manually from there might do something.
    12-18-13 08:24 AM
    If you have device manager you can open it, go to the cpu screen, find the app you want, long press, then select close.
    12-18-13 09:17 AM
    which apps are headless?

the only one I know if FlipShush, and it can be disabled within the app itself.
    12-18-13 10:27 AM
    Profile switcher or something like that. There's a few more.
    12-18-13 12:24 PM
    You can go to Settings, Security&Privacy, Application Permissions, and revoke the 'run in background' permission
    12-18-13 12:37 PM
    Does closing it with a tap and hold on the X work?

BlackBerry 10 Help Channel
    12-18-13 12:50 PM
    How to terminate headless apps-terminator-terminator-297645_1280_1024.jpg

Or from the device monitor.

I see another app being required to enable killing of headless apps easily. Any Devs wanna make a few $.99/�0.75?
    12-18-13 12:59 PM
    Does closing it with a tap and hold on the X work?

BlackBerry 10 Help Channel
    I don't think so - that merely closes the active frame and leaves it running in the background.
    12-18-13 04:05 PM
    Is there a method of doing this for sideloaded apps?

Sometimes my Spotify stops working and I have to restart my phone instead of being to just restart the app.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 04:13 PM
    I don't think so - that merely closes the active frame and leaves it running in the background.
    A long press on the x will completely terminate an app. It's different than just tapping the x.
    I don't know if it stops headless functionality, but I would assume so.
    12-18-13 04:40 PM
    You can stop it by changing the settings in permissions. Not sure if that's the only way.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 07:31 PM
    Device Monitor in Settings.
    12-18-13 08:39 PM
    I believe Device Monitor can kill the headless apps. Thanks guys...
    12-18-13 09:31 PM
    A long press on the x will completely terminate an app. It's different than just tapping the x.
    I... Did not know this was possible. Long press the x... Makes sense. Was this feature documented anywhere?
    12-19-13 08:58 PM
    It won't!

The x is just the UI portion of the app, the background process is - in the background.

The UI 'can' have a enable/disable function, - if not you will either have to manually kill the process ( but app can then restart when phone boots nxt time), or you can disable the background permission as mentioned earlier,.. or just uninstall the app
    FF22 likes this.
    12-19-13 09:09 PM
    It won't!

The x is just the UI portion of the app, the background process is - in the background.

The UI 'can' have a enable/disable function, - if not you will either have to manually kill the process ( but app can then restart when phone boots nxt time), or you can disable the background permission as mentioned earlier,.. or just uninstall the app
    I've been trying with this and it does seem that the lo g press does not terminate headless functions.
    But....
    It also would appear that device monitor isn't useful for this purpose.
    Skype is headless, the long press does not cause it to terminate and logout, but it also does not show up in device monitor.
    bbtino likes this.
    12-19-13 09:30 PM
    I've been trying with this and it does seem that the lo g press does not terminate headless functions.
    But....
    It also would appear that device monitor isn't useful for this purpose.
    Skype is headless, the long press does not cause it to terminate and logout, but it also does not show up in device monitor.
    Skype is Android app
    12-19-13 09:41 PM
    Use Device Monitor to kill native apps. TaskManager to kill Android ports. Both Skype and Soundcloud are currently not showing in Device Monitor but do show up as running headless using TaskManager at this very moment. Strange but I guess Device Monitor doesn't keep track of Android apps the same way as native ones.
    stabstabdie likes this.
    12-19-13 09:49 PM
    Use Device Monitor to kill native apps. TaskManager to kill Android ports. Both Skype and Soundcloud are currently not showing in Device Monitor but do show up as running headless using TaskManager at this very moment. Strange but I guess Device Monitor doesn't keep track of Android apps the same way as native ones.
    Well look at that. I learned something today
    And here I was thinking I was pretty smrt

How to terminate headless apps-crackberry-image.jpg
    eddy_berry likes this.
    12-19-13 10:00 PM