Why is Blackberry's VPN settings page so complex? I wanted to start up my VPN service so I could watch a CBC stream on my phone, but I am absolutely flummoxed. (Mac, Windows, Android, iOS are fool-proof, and I'm a fool).

I couldn't find a tutorial, so I'll ask here. What settings do I need to be using to setup a standard pptp vpn account? I have a server, an acct name, and pw. That's it.
    02-10-14 11:21 AM
    Have a look at this thread, you might find your solution there FREE VPN: Strongswan Ipsec/IKEv2 Z10/Z30/Q10

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    02-10-14 11:29 AM
    Apparently BB10 doesn't support consumer-grade vpn standards. What a shame.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...s/td-p/2128575
    02-10-14 02:46 PM
    I've been using VPNTraffic on my Z10 for months. Not all VPN services support BB10, but VPN traffic does.
    02-10-14 02:57 PM
    I've been using VPNTraffic on my Z10 for months. Not all VPN services support BB10, but VPN traffic does.
    It's not a matter of VPN services not supporting BB10, it's a matter of BlackBerry not supporting consumer VPN standards. But thanks for the advice, I'll check out VPNTraffic.
    02-11-14 11:33 AM
    Why is Blackberry's VPN settings page so complex? I wanted to start up my VPN service so I could watch a CBC stream on my phone, but I am absolutely flummoxed. (Mac, Windows, Android, iOS are fool-proof, and I'm a fool).

I couldn't find a tutorial, so I'll ask here. What settings do I need to be using to setup a standard pptp vpn account? I have a server, an acct name, and pw. That's it.
    Unfortunately Blackberry doesn't support many common VPN protocols like PPTP and OpenVPN but still there is a chance that you connect through Microsoft IKEv2 protocol which is quite secure,
    If you're a server owner and wanna launch your VPN server to work on your blackberry let me know your OS for step by step instruction, otherwise there are many vendors that offer Microsoft IKEv2 VPN services like this one that I've successfully tried it on my BB10 : www.purevpn.com/config/blackberry/
    BTW I used their US server to watch Netflix when I was out of the US
    Ragbert likes this.
    02-12-14 01:21 AM
    A lot of the free/open source (and perfectly secure) VPN services use OpenVPN, which BB10 doesn't support yet, for some reason. I'm really hoping to see that added to a future OS build.

Unfortunately Blackberry doesn't support many common VPN protocols like PPTP and OpenVPN but still there is a chance that you connect through Microsoft IKEv2 protocol which is quite secure,
    If you're a server owner and wanna launch your VPN server to work on your blackberry let me know your OS for step by step instruction, otherwise there are many vendors that offer Microsoft IKEv2 VPN services like this one that I've successfully tried it on my BB10 : www.purevpn.com/config/blackberry/
    BTW I used their US server to watch Netflix when I was out of the US

Posted via my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.1.0.4189
    02-12-14 01:28 AM