I am on STL 100-1 OS 10.3.1.1154. I have 40 mb quota for my emails on organization server and I download them to laptop over MS Outlook 2013 using pop and I'm the same time I have configured it in a way that emails are forwarded to my outlook.com account. My question is that is there anyway I can set up outlook.com on my mobile with 7 days sync and when I wanted to search an email I can access the previous one too.

Posted via amazing Z10 10.3.1.1154
    12-16-14 12:10 PM
    YES

You can setup outlook.com email in your accounts.
    Yes you can set the sync timeframe to 7 days.
    Yes it can search email still on the server when you request it too.

outlook.com is in my opinion the best of the free email services.
    12-16-14 01:35 PM
    Do I need to do some additional settings or how?

12-16-14 09:34 PM
    Thanks and remote search is available on outlook.com.

I have 2 email and are configured details are:

1. Configured my work email like [email protected] on Z10 and on my laptop using MS Outlook 2013. My emails finally downloads to laptop and leave my organization server and mobile eventually. Just wanted to confirm what are best settings for this email so that when I reply to an email from Z10 a copy should appear in my sent items on laptop.

2. My work email is also configured to forward my emails to outlook.com, is there a way I configure outlook.com account on Z10 and reply to those emails using [email protected]

Your help will be much appreciated

12-18-14 04:49 AM
    Why would you use pop instead of imap? If you download emails with pop they won't be on server anymore. If they're not on the server you can't expect them being in your sync... use imap, stop forwarding and have access to all from your phone, computer or whatever...

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.1151)
    12-18-14 06:29 AM
    Thanks Sajko1 for your reply but please be informed my email quota on organization server is 40mb only. We use pop on laptop because it will download all emails. What you suggest in this regard and if I use IMAP on Z10 and emails are downloaded to laptop how do I access them later using mobile?

12-18-14 08:56 AM
    If you use imap then emails are not downloaded... only pop does that... and if you download them to your laptop then you won't be able to access them on phone.

Use imap and control your mailbox... delete those that are not needed and leave ones that are...

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.1151)
    12-18-14 09:22 AM
    I have only 40 mb space available for my emails over server so I have to download email I cannot leave them on server otherwise all the emails will be bounced back if I am not downloading

12-18-14 09:40 AM
    I guess everybody is busy with blend and 1154 that it seems I have to wait... lols

No issues waiting for the right guidance

12-18-14 12:21 PM
    Thanks and remote search is available on outlook.com.

I have 2 email and are configured details are:

1. Configured my work email like [email protected] on Z10 and on my laptop using MS Outlook 2013. My emails finally downloads to laptop and leave my organization server and mobile eventually. Just wanted to confirm what are best settings for this email so that when I reply to an email from Z10 a copy should appear in my sent items on laptop.

2. My work email is also configured to forward my emails to outlook.com, is there a way I configure outlook.com account on Z10 and reply to those emails using [email protected]

Your help will be much appreciated

Can anybody help please!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 10:32 AM
    Dear Khizer,

Yes, you can have what you expect if you do not mind to use outlook.com as your primary email server.

Please follow the following steps:

1. Forward your company email to outlook.com
    2. Configure your outlook.com to send any email through your company SMTP server
    3. Configure your MS Outlook 2013 to connect to outlook.com using Exchange ActiveSync (EAS)
    4. Configure your Z10 to connect to outlook.com using Exchange ActiveSync (EAS)

With the above setting, you can have complete email (including sent items sync), contact, calendaring services across your devices.

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 10:55 AM
    Thank u Henry and will definitely try that tomorrow in office

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 01:16 PM
    Dear Khizer,

Yes, you can have what you expect if you do not mind to use outlook.com as your primary email server.

Please follow the following steps:

1. Forward your company email to outlook.com
    2. Configure your outlook.com to send any email through your company SMTP server
    3. Configure your MS Outlook 2013 to connect to outlook.com using Exchange ActiveSync (EAS)
    4. Configure your Z10 to connect to outlook.com using Exchange ActiveSync (EAS)

With the above setting, you can have complete email (including sent items sync), contact, calendaring services across your devices.

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the reply and I have done all the steps and configured outlook.com to reply from my company email address but how to set up that on Z10 so that I can make reply using company email address and that could be shown in my outlook 2013

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 06:05 AM
    Personally, I would have merely set Outlook to leave messages on the server for 1 or 2 days. Add the email account to the Blackberry, as the BB will not delete the email on the server. This would still allow you have outlook download the emails and remove them but it would also allow your BlackBerry to retrieve these emails before they are deleted. Can still have them forwarded to Hotmail if needed, but that step is not necessary.
    01-05-15 07:12 AM
    Hi Khizer,

First thing, are you already able to send email trough company SMTP server from outlook.com web?

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 07:43 AM
    Hi Khizer,

First thing, are you already able to send email trough company SMTP server from outlook.com web?

Posted via CB10
    Yes Henry I am able to reply from my work address using outlook.com web. Now how to set it up on Z10 so that I can reply through company SMTP and get a copy of sent items on outlook 2013.

Thank u for your help man.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 02:15 PM
    Hi Henry I trust you will be doing great... waiting for your reply

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 11:24 AM
    Can anyone help!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 09:35 AM
    hello
    01-08-15 09:44 AM
    Yup Vinay can you add anything or any suggestion?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 01:56 PM
    Yes Henry I am able to reply from my work address using outlook.com web. Now how to set it up on Z10 so that I can reply through company SMTP and get a copy of sent items on outlook 2013.

Thank u for your help man.

Posted via CB10

Hi Khizer,

You need to be a little bit patient in asking on a forum; anyway, try the below steps.

Setting on outlook.com

Click the options icon options
    Click Options
    Click Your email accounts
    Click Add a send only account
    Click Advanced options
    Fill the setting of your company email accounts (especially SMTP server), please also note that your SMTP server may not support a secure connection, if so then untick the secure connection and choose port 587 or 25
    Click update your SMTP settings
    Click Next

Click Options
    Click Your email accounts
    Change the Default "From" address to your company e-mail account

Setting on Blackberry 10

Open Setting
    Click Account
    Click Add Account
    Click Advanced
    Click Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync

Fill the following setting:

Description: Company Name (or up to you)
    Domain: <leave empty>
    User name: Your outlook.com email address
    Email Address: your company email address
    Password: Your outlook.com password
    Server address: s.outlook.com
    Port: 443
    Use SSL: On
    Use VPN: Off
    Download Messages While Roaming: On (or up to you)
    Push: On
    Sync Interval: <leave it default>
    Sync Timeframe: 30 Days (or up to you)

For the first time, try to choose email sync only. Be careful on choosing contact sync as it may erase your existing contact on the phone.

Setting on MS Outlook 2013

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...rs=en-US&ad=US

https://support.office.com/en-gb/art...6-c84ef146101b

Good luck.
    01-09-15 11:31 AM
    Hi Henry

Thank you very much for your brief reply but unfortunately my legitimate emails (forwarded from company account) are going into junk, any help will be much appreciated!

Secondly, what if a stop forwarding emails and set up "send and receive account" with company details. What you suggest?

BB Z10 100-1 | 10.3.1.1154
    01-09-15 02:19 PM
    Hi Henry

Thank you very much for your brief reply but unfortunately my legitimate emails (forwarded from company account) are going into junk, any help will be much appreciated!

Secondly, what if a stop forwarding emails and set up "send and receive account" with company details. What you suggest?

Hi Khizer,

Answer for first question.

Regarding junk email or spam email recognition, actually Gmail is still better than outlook.com; Gmail can almost precisely recognize the good email and spam email. However, the free Gmail does not support Exchange ActiveSync anymore.

But, you can try to improve the junk email or spam email recognition on outlook.com with the following steps:

Click Options
    Click Safe and blocked senders
    Click Safe sender
    Fill the Sender or domain to be marked as safe (for example if you want to add domain to be marked as safe, if your company is [email protected], then fill @abc.com only, thus all emails from @abc.com would be considered as safe and not going to junk folder)
    Click add to list

However, you need to check your junk folder regularly and marked on the particular emails to be "not junk", then outlook.com would learn the recognition from time to time.

Answer for second question.

Using "send and receive account" is no better than forwarding the emails; "send and receive account" works like POP3 and only pulling the e-mail around once a hour, thus your email could be delayed by one hour arriving on your outlook.com. So it is still better to use email forwarding.

Good luck.
    01-10-15 02:29 AM
    Thank u Henry for all your support and stay blessed

01-10-15 02:53 AM
    What happens if you set sync interval to "forever"?

I hope the answer would be :" it destroys your battery life and there is no need to "forever"-sync"

:-)

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 02:26 AM
32 12