My wife likes to keep her phone on silent. But this causes problems when I'm trying to get a home of her when it's urgent. On her 9900, I was able to set her phone that regardless if her phone is on silent, when I call, it will still ring. How can I do this on her Z10? When I try changing notifications based on contacts, it gives a warning saying that despite this change, sounds are governed by the global sound settings, aka: silent.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    05-30-14 04:28 AM
    You could use 'phone calls only' or the only other way is to set every notification individually to off for each application; then set up specific contact rules for those people who she wouldn't mind having a notification from.

There are apps like power tools that allow you to create custom notification profiles... there's always that you could look into.

Hope this helps.
    05-30-14 04:44 AM
    Thanks. Shame it's not built into the os like it was in os7. It?s always disappointed when features you used to love don't make the cut in the newest iteration.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Doggerz likes this.
    05-30-14 10:54 PM
    Unfortunately this is what you find, having tried most platforms I always find there's something missing.

However saying that BB10 and my z10 has been the best phone to suit my needs in a very long time.

Hopefully you will find a work around to your problem.
    habs_fan likes this.
    05-31-14 01:04 AM
    Thanks. Shame it's not built into the os like it was in os7. It?s always disappointed when features you used to love don't make the cut in the newest iteration.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    So many things I miss from 7.1 and this is one of them. Loved setting things up the way you described.

I wish that when they made 10 that they used 7.1 as a starting point.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3175 / T-Mobile USA
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-31-14 02:48 AM
    Been on BlackBerry 10 since day 1, and I still miss the profile options from the legacy BlackBerry devices. I miss custom profiles for starters, but I also hate that you can't even customize what we have very well. For example, when I'm at work I want emails/texts etc to do nothing except light the LED, but I want phone calls to vibrate. This isn't possible! I can set it to silent, but then phone calls don't vibrate. The only way I can think of would be to put it on vibrate and turn all notifications off (manually) except for phone calls.

I tried Profile Changer Pro, but it was complicated (for me) and I still couldn't get it to do what I wanted. The whole "this setting is affected by a global setting" really throws me off. I stopped using it.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-31-14 03:13 AM
    I thought I was the only person who miss this feature. It's sad to see that it's not on BlackBerry 10 yet... glad to see I'm not alone.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    05-31-14 03:16 AM
    Been on BlackBerry 10 since day 1, and I still miss the profile options from the legacy BlackBerry devices. I miss custom profiles for starters, but I also hate that you can't even customize what we have very well. For example, when I'm at work I want emails/texts etc to do nothing except light the LED, but I want phone calls to vibrate. This isn't possible! I can set it to silent, but then phone calls don't vibrate. The only way I can think of would be to put it on vibrate and turn all notifications off (manually) except for phone calls.

I tried Profile Changer Pro, but it was complicated (for me) and I still couldn't get it to do what I wanted. The whole "this setting is affected by a global setting" really throws me off. I stopped using it.
    Like you said: In order to get that I set up my phone to vibrate and in the notifications I disabled the notification (vibration) for all the email or other accounts that I don't want to vibrate. In this way all my email notifications are going to the LED but my phone calls are going to vibrate.

Posted on my awesome Z10 (STL100-3, 10.2.1.3175)
    06-01-14 08:22 AM
    You should sometimes understand that bbos 7 is the seventh version of its development and bb10 is still in early ages and I'm sure it's very promising and will be soon complete,with every feature you are missing ,that's my honest opinion ofcourse, not intenting to insult anyone, regards cbers <3

Sent from my BlackBerry q5 at Vodafone Greece
    06-01-14 08:47 AM
    I miss this too. I was expecting them to release custom profiles with 10.3 but it doesn't look like they are going to
    (looking at the 10.3 leaks, SDK, & roadmap)

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 09:47 AM
    Have you tried the app Hub++?

I'm not sure if it will let her phone ring when on silent BUT it does let you configure LED customizations. So I can have my phone on vibrate only and see who is contacting me according to the led color combo.

But I am thinking you may be able to have it do what you're wanting.

There is a hub++ thread some where maybe ask in that.

It's a paid app I think like $1 or $2 but for me well worth it. And I've spent more $$ on dumb stuff so no biggie.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.296 & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.296
    06-01-14 10:48 PM
    Anyone having an issue when setting up a customized notification for a contact and after a day or two it would just disappear?

I have about 8 contacts with customized notifications and every few days I have to start from A....

Anyone can help?

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 08:34 PM
    Perhaps BlackBerry will bring it back in another coming release I do know that a lot of their product managers watch these forums pretty closely for top issues and complaints. This thread definitely isn't the first one on bringing back profiles support.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 07:52 AM
    Yes "monthberry" this is the reason I am reading this thread try to find answer to this question, what I find it your custom notifications goes away with a reboot, or just disappears on its own.....real annoying
    07-12-14 09:00 AM
    You apparently cannot set notifications to play for a specific profile even if your phone NOT on silent I am loosing my custom settings for no reason with a reboot or who knows why....??? Any one knows why??/

I am using 10.2.1.3247
    07-12-14 09:04 AM