I've noticed that if I exit the HUB while on a specific account or a particular message then go back to the hub via gesture (bottom up then to the right) it goes back to that message or account where as I'd rather it go back to the actual HUB. I noticed that this exact behaviour is attainable by pressing the blackberry hub icon. Is there a way to set the gesture to always go directly to HUB?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 06:14 PM
    From my understanding it can only be done via the app...

Posted via Navi's BlackBerry Z10...
    11-30-13 06:19 PM
    I don't think so,.. but that's a good idea for a suggestion. Best of both worlds would be a 'reset on time-out' setting, that would allow you to set how long the 'peek' swipe gesture would take you back to the e-mail/txt/bbm/etc you were on, before it resets to taking you back to the hub. That way you can still swipe back and forth between, for example, an e-mail that you are actively reading/composing based on something you're checking on the browser... but once you stopped interacting with the last-viewed message for 'x' amount of minutes, it can be assumed that you are no longer interested in going back to it, and would rather go back straight to the hub.
    11-30-13 06:22 PM
    I just posted this earlier today in the other thread regarding the Hub. I think this is new in 10.2.
    I've noticed that if I exit the HUB while on a specific account or a particular message then go back to the hub via gesture (bottom up then to the right) it goes back to that message or account where as I'd rather it go back to the actual HUB. I noticed that this exact behaviour is attainable by pressing the blackberry hub icon. Is there a way to set the gesture to always go directly to HUB?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 06:23 PM
    This behavior is by design. It is meant to retain your place in the Hub so that when you go back you haven't lost your place. If you think about it this is the same behavior you see on desktop applications. When you iconify your email application to work on something else, and go back later it doesn't go the the front page of the application. It is also the same behavior as all other applications on the device when you minimize them to their frame they do not reset to the starting page, they retain your position in the application.

Many people have asked for the Hub to reset when you leave it, or after some time. This may come out as an option in some future release.
    MiSsY_ likes this.
    11-30-13 06:28 PM
    I just posted this earlier today in the other thread regarding the Hub. I think this is new in 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    No, it has been that way from the start.
    MiSsY_ likes this.
    11-30-13 06:29 PM
    I didn't think there was even a hub icon until 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 06:31 PM
    I didn't think there was even a hub icon until 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    Were you only referring to the icon? Sorry that wasn't my interpretation. You are correct, the icon is recent.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 07:09 AM