Hello all,

Just wondering how much more secure BlackBerry devices are than iOS or Android if they're not running BES?
    Are they basically all at the same level?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 06:37 PM
    BlackBerrys don't run BES. Its not mobile software. BES simply manages the device data. Its a server infrastructure. So the question you meant to ask is, are BlackBerrys more secure on the BES server than not. Answer is yes.

Secondly, are BlackBerrys simply more secure than the competition if off BES? Possibly. I believe the encryption process on BlackBerry is patented and implemented at every layer of the OS build. Keyword, patented process. According to BlackBerrys track record, it has never been cracked because there's just too many layers. However, you are the gate keeper of your device. Careless protection could eventually lead to an insecure device.

I'll need the fact checkers on my statement though.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by walt63; 01-09-15 at 07:24 PM.
    m3mb3rsh1p, p51 and RWB3325 like this.
    01-09-15 07:03 PM
    You can't root or jailbreak any current version of blackberry 10. Far as we know.

Other than that any information you send via the Internet is only as secure as the weakest point in the chain. So a specific answer would depend on which service, which app etc. That you are using.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    AidenSurvival and p51 like this.
    01-09-15 07:13 PM
    Not much more secure than an Android or iOS. From your personal information point of view.

Anything that goes through your carrier's network can be assumed that it can be harvested rather easily.

Posted via CB10
    p51 likes this.
    01-09-15 07:17 PM
    Not much more secure than an Android or iOS. From your personal information point of view.

Anything that goes through your carrier's network can be assumed that it can be harvested rather easily.

Posted via CB10
    Incorrect. The carrier can't read your email if you use starttls. Your browser is secure if you use https. Meta data will be logged, but you could VPN around that.

BB10 is certainly more secure than the iphone if you are using Safari since there are documented Safari exploits not patched.

What I don't know is how good the BB10 browser is regarding man in the middle attacks.

Posted via CB10
    p51 likes this.
    01-10-15 01:03 AM