01-23-13 05:59 AM
    He's better informed than a lot of the tech writers; particularly about why the app experience on the old blackberries was never as good as the competition. But its a pity he totally ignored the app port-a-thons and the very extensive support and incentives that RIM has been giving to developers, as well as the relative ease of development (app player, AIR, naitive, etc) which does mean he is selling RIM a little short. Plus I think its borderline misleading of him to end with such a negative quote about Skype and Netflix being missing at launch. The way it's phrased seems to imply that BB10 won't sell well enough to interest big app developers, and I'm pretty certain that's not true. Its the random speculation of a guy who has no basis to know what is and isn't being developed at the moment, how can he possibly know anything about other companies he doesn't deal with feel about BB10?

Like I say, its a decent article, certainly by the standards of a lot of the press we've seen over the past year, cautiously optimistic for sure. It just annoys me when the bottom line is so misleading. If you read to the end what you take away is 'It won't have these really important apps'. Great. Thanks.
    rcab likes this.
    01-23-13 07:39 AM
    I agree I thought it was a good article until the end. He was doing a good job of presenting information. His conclusion does not stay in the same tone of the rest of his article. It is almost like the first part was written by one writer and the ending by another one
    01-23-13 12:31 PM