Have just downloaded HP All In One Remote from SNAP, and allows my Z10 to connect via WiFi Direct to my HP printer. Seems to have more functionality than HP ePrint.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 09:42 AM
    I use HP eprint for HP printer from my Passport. In the past I have used a Samsung app for Samsung printer. Best option so far is to install the appropriate printer app from Snap. Never had any issue..

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 10:18 AM
    Not a big deal let's make it problem fixed, issue should be popular

Regards, Syed Shaishad,‎ BBM:‎2AFDF6EA, BB Channel: C00450EFA, +919700317379, BlackBerry vendor, INDIA.‎
    04-09-15 10:24 AM
    ^^^------- LOVE THAT.. never been more true

Posted via CB10 (ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.2582)
    That can be said of any phone.
    It is even much more true with BlackBerry phones. BlackBerry phones are nothing in the maketplace because of their lack of apps.

IPhone, android, windows are also nothing without their app ecosystem. But unlike BlackBerry they have app support. You can argue specs all day long, functionality, and whatever else. In the end it's all about apps. You either have them or you don't.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 09:51 PM
    It is even much more true with BlackBerry phones. BlackBerry phones are nothing in the maketplace because of their lack of apps.

IPhone, android, windows are also nothing without their app ecosystem. But unlike BlackBerry they have app support. You can argue specs all day long, functionality, and whatever else. In the end it's all about apps. You either have them or you don't.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you on the app ecosystem and its impact on the mobile phone market. I for one do not care too much for apps. Just a very few ones that aid me with stuff are ok. Though, it seems the whole world is driven by them and as such make or break a phones success.

But when I referred to the iPhone being nothing without apps, I refer to basic functions / tools. I for one could pickup a BlackBerry from out the box and NEVER install an app and I'd be still quiet productive. An iPhone on the other hand, would need an app to do any sort of productive tasks.

An example: just got my BlackBerry Classic and it comes already with a document creator (Docs2go), a PDF reader, a file manager and an encryption tool. Like I said earlier, those are all the basic tools I need to survive with a mobile phone. Anything else app wise, are just additions, which in truth, I could and can do with out.

Now if I took a iPhone 6 out the box and wanted to create a word document or read a PDF and sort my files on my SD Card so they are manageable when I plug my phone into any PC , I'd surly need to get an app for those things!

Do you understand me now?

moody, der_mit and mhhH4RI like this.
    04-10-15 01:42 AM
    Hi, I'm thinking about getting a Blackberry, and I have a question.

Can you print to a Wifi connected printer using BB OS 10.3.2 (not a separately installed app) much like what can easily be done in iOS?

This may be a ridiculous question, but I've been reading some other threads on which people complain about printing deficiencies in BB OS 10.

Thanks.
    I have app called print hand that prints documents directly from the phone. It is android app but it works ok most of the time. It usually use generic driver so you can print in black and white.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    04-10-15 12:34 PM
    Is it really a big deal to buy an app that works flawlessly? I have print hand and I love. I find it strange that an iPhone user would complain about the need to use an app. Without apps the iPhone is nothing.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Love this reply.
    Although all smartphones need apps, The iPhone needs a lot more than BlackBerry just to preform basic tasks. That being said. I agree that Printing should be one of those tasks, especially as BlackBerry claims that it's for productive business people (who would probably be doing a lot of printing)

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    04-10-15 12:51 PM
    Is there a way to print an email on BB10. I was travelling in March and the booking confirmations were coming as emails with HTML formatting.

I have Print hand, but the share to option is not in the hub or email messages.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 02:27 PM
    Is there a way to print an email on BB10. I was travelling in March and the booking confirmations were coming as emails with HTML formatting.

I have Print hand, but the share to option is not in the hub or email messages.

Posted via CB10
    You can setup your email account in printhand. It will pull your emails and display them in the app. You can choose which one to print.

Or in the hub you can select the text in the email and share it directly to printhand.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by byex; 04-10-15 at 05:04 PM.
    moody likes this.
    04-10-15 04:54 PM
    I agree with you on the app ecosystem and its impact on the mobile phone market. I for one do not care too much for apps. Just a very few ones that aid me with stuff are ok. Though, it seems the whole world is driven by them and as such make or break a phones success.

But when I referred to the iPhone being nothing without apps, I refer to basic functions / tools. I for one could pickup a BlackBerry from out the box and NEVER install an app and I'd be still quiet productive. An iPhone on the other hand, would need an app to do any sort of productive tasks.

An example: just got my BlackBerry Classic and it comes already with a document creator (Docs2go), a PDF reader, a file manager and an encryption tool. Like I said earlier, those are all the basic tools I need to survive with a mobile phone. Anything else app wise, are just additions, which in truth, I could and can do with out.

Now if I took a iPhone 6 out the box and wanted to create a word document or read a PDF and sort my files on my SD Card so they are manageable when I plug my phone into any PC , I'd surly need to get an app for those things!

Do you understand me now?

I completely understand your point. Problem is that majority of smartphone users don't really care. The arguement or opinion that my phone works out of the box falls on deaf ears with iPhone users. Just like the whole security and privacy issue. No one really cares.
    A lot of smartphone users look forward to loading as many apps on their phones.
    I had and iPhone 6 and 6+ prior to getting my Passport. There is an app for anything you can think of.

Because BlackBerry phones have great functionality for productivity out of the box isn't going to win them marketshare. Part of the problem, or a large part, hardly any app support.
    I use my Passport with mainly BlackBerry apps. There's a few android apps in there. There have been times where I needed an app but it just wasn't available for BlackBerry. Most people in that situation would just switch OS.

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 likes this.
    04-10-15 05:01 PM
    I completely understand your point. Problem is that majority of smartphone users don't really care. The arguement or opinion that my phone works out of the box falls on deaf ears with iPhone users. Just like the whole security and privacy issue. No one really cares.
    A lot of smartphone users look forward to loading as many apps on their phones.
    I had and iPhone 6 and 6+ prior to getting my Passport. There is an app for anything you can think of.

Because BlackBerry phones have great functionality for productivity out of the box isn't going to win them marketshare. Part of the problem, or a large part, hardly any app support.
    I use my Passport with mainly BlackBerry apps. There's a few android apps in there. There have been times where I needed an app but it just wasn't available for BlackBerry. Most people in that situation would just switch OS.

Posted via CB10
    True.

I guess ultimately, it just all depends on the user and what they want to achieve with their phones.

Make and organise time, or kill time!

It always is and always will be "to each their own".

04-10-15 05:14 PM
    You can setup your email account in printhand. It will pull your emails and display them in the app. You can choose which one to print.

Or in the hub you can select the text in the email and share it directly to printhand.

Posted via CB10
    I did not know this!! Thank you!!!

Passport & Z30
    Can't imagine life w/o a BlackBerry
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    04-10-15 08:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    I now remember this and I didn't want to setup my email in a third party app. I assume it needs to access the mail server to print emails and it didn't seem like a good idea to give my email Password to a third party app.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 09:05 PM

Posted via CB10

I'm also an iOS user and I know for a fact I can do a lot more with a stock version on BB10 10.3.1 then I can do with a stock version of iOS. That's the point I was trying to make.
    BB10 is way more integrated then both iOS and Android (I'm also a Droid user). Never used a windows phone but from what I'm hearing windows 10 is going to a huge step up in terms of productivity and functionality. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on it for about a week whenever it comes out.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2708
    04-14-15 11:48 AM
39 12